Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons - Page 8 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2006, 01:58 PM   #106
Grimmjow
SCHITT
 
Grimmjow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 3,122
Thanks: 230
Thanked 121 Times in 57 Posts
Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
The media doesn't show a positive side because negative stories get more ratings. Just think about it. If someone was skimming through the paper he'd probably stop to read "Muslim fanatics suicide bomb a shopping mall" over "Muslim fund raising group donates money towards children's hospital" any day of the week. Their job it to write stuff people are going to be drawn to, and that stuff isn't the goody-goody crap. It's not a fricken conspiracy against Muslims or anything, it's just business.

Your beef seems to be with people making broad generalizations about your religion based off the vocal minority of horrible people who just happen to be Muslims. Well guess what? That's to be expected when you see large groups of Muslims being extremely violent over a fricken cartoon. It's not like it's just one or two guys, it's thousands being led by religious leaders doing horrible shit for no good reason. Of course that's going to raise a few questions about your religion. Now rational people are going to realize that those people don't represent your religion as a whole, but unfortunately not everyone is rational.

Like I said, it's those dumbass Muslims out there that are giving your religion a bad name. If they'd stop doing horrible things then there wouldn't be a problem. What sucks is that's probably not going to happen anytime soon. The point is that it's other Muslims who are to blame for your religions current poor reputation, and no one else.

so yellow journalism is still around these days.....so basicaly the media has no problem corrupting a religion's reputation just for money....sounds selfish and immoral to me.....if they arent really biast..then they should also corrupt how other religions look...islam is a clean religion..it is a good religion..sure it has some bad followers ...but islam shouldnt be judged off of the bad minority....

just to point out a few things
islam does not allow its followers to eat pork..why? cuzz it can give you many deseises

islam doesnt allow for muslims to drink alcohalic drinks...why?..i suppose you would know why...u dont see muslims going around at 2:00 in the morning drunk as hell with a couple of sluts in the bac of their truck do you...no... dont you think that is corruption..the crap you see everyday on the streets...also..in america...people robbing each other...killing each other...two students fought each other at a local highschool over the dumbest reason...they fought over a girl...one stabbed the other in the neck and chest...that kid died after the stabbing..the worst part was..they where best friends...thats how corrupt society is.....the media ignores such things as that...but the media loves to point out the wrong doings of the corrupt minority of the followers of the islamic religion....hitler was christain...did th media say christianity was bad? no...itwas saying that hitler was bad....my dear friend im afraid that the current media is only biast against islam....
__________________


Last edited by Grimmjow; 12-25-2006 at 02:02 PM. Reason: misspelled yellow journalism
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 12-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #107
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutorasengan16 View Post
so yellow jopunalism is still around these days.....so basicaly the media has no problem corrupting a religion's reputation just for money....sounds selfish and immoral to me.....if they arent really biast..then they should also corrupt how other religions look...islam is a clean religion..it is a good religion..sure it has some bad followers ...but islam shouldnt be judged off of the bad minority....
Lol. Dude, it's not like they're reporting on things that didn't happen. Muslim protestors did commit acts of violence in responce to a cartoon in some newspaper. There really is suicide bombings of innocent people in the name of their religion going on in parts of the world. They're just reporting it. It's not the media's fault that there just happens to be a lot of assholes that do horrible shit in the name of your religion.

Quote:
just to point out a few things
islam does not allow its followers to eat pork..why? cuzz it can give you many deseises
I've never gotten sick from eating pork. Maybe they're doing it wrong. ; ) I don't see the point in pointing that out, but seems like a silly rule to me. *shrugs*

Quote:
islam doesnt allow for muslims to drink alcohalic drinks...why?..i suppose you would know why...u dont see muslims going around at 2:00 in the morning drunk as hell with a couple of sluts in the bac of their truck do you...no... dont you think that is corruption..the crap you see everyday on the streets...also..in america...people robbing each other...killing each other...two students fought each other at a local highschool over the dumbest reason...they fought over a girl...one stabbed the other in the neck and chest...that kid died after the stabbing..the worst part was..they where best friends...thats how corrupt society is.....the media ignores such things as that...but the media loves to point out the wrong doings of the corrupt minority of the followers of the islamic religion....hitler was christain...did th media say christianity was bad? no...itwas saying that hitler was bad....my dear friend im afraid that the current media is only biast against islam....
I see crap about senseless acts of violence or crap involving substance abuse in the news all the time. It's not being ignored. And I don't think Hitler did what he did in the name of christianity, which is very much unlike Muslim extremists. Not too great of an analogy there...

Seriously, man. Face the facts. The media wouldn't have anything to report on if dumbass muslim terrorists/protestors would stop doing stupid shit. Unfortuntely for you, your religion is populated by a decent number of extremely devote, yet extremely stupid and horrible group of people. And these people are giving your religion a shitty rep. The media doesn't hate Muslims or anything stupid like that, it's dumbasses within your religion that are making your religion look bad. No one who isn't as dumb as a rock thinks that all Muslims are douchebags, no need to be so damn paranoid.

Last edited by Miburo; 12-25-2006 at 02:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #108
Grimmjow
SCHITT
 
Grimmjow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 3,122
Thanks: 230
Thanked 121 Times in 57 Posts
Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Lol. Dude, it's not like they're reporting on things that didn't happen. Muslim protestors did commit acts of violence in responce to a cartoon in some newspaper. There really is suicide bombings of innocent people in the name of their religion going on in parts of the world. They're just reporting it. It's not the media's fault that there just happens to be a lot of assholes that do horrible shit in the name of your religion.



I've never gotten sick from eating pork. Maybe they're doing it wrong. ; ) I don't see the point in pointing that out, but seems like a silly rule to me. *shrugs*



I see crap about senseless acts of violence or crap involving substance abuse in the news all the time. It's not being ignored. And I don't think Hitler did what he did in the name of christianity, which is very much unlike Muslim extremists. Not too great of an analogy there...

Seriously, man. Face the facts. The media wouldn't have anything to report on if dumbass muslim terrorists/protestors would stop doing stupid shit. Unfortuntely for you, your religion is populated by a decent number of extremely devote, yet extremely stupid and horrible group of people. And these people are giving your religion a shitty rep. The media doesn't hate Muslims or anything stupid like that, it's dumbasses within your religion that are making your religion look bad. No one who isn't as dumb as a rock thinks that all Muslims are douchebags, no need to be so damn paranoid.

i understand what ur saying....but there are also allot of dumbass christains and jews that do bad things too..every religion has its bad people...unfortunately there must be allot of people that are as dumb as a rock these days..becuase these days ..if someoe finds out ur a muslim..they say go away terrorist or "are you gonna bomb my house" i get shit like that...i shouldnt to have to put up with the crap that these people give me...people subconceisly <<(sorry for the spelling..lol)..... look down at muslims....why dont you people look at the good side of islam..instead of always pointing out the bad things about the religion's people...so what we have a minority that is bad...but that minority is being used to rep the whole religion itself...plus one more thing....the minorities actions are being amplified by the media...over exagurated....

look man..even my world history teacher that i had her class last year said that the media wants you to believe certain things about islam....adn she aint muslim

and this year...my american history teacher said the same thing....and he's not even muslim..he's jewish...

and another thing..america is in iraq supposedly to help the iraq people to get a new good government and to modernise iraq....but guess what...that is only holding back iraq from being modernised...a war is the worst thing that could happen to a poor country like iraq..and guess what..those that are supposedly terrorist that attack american troops in iraq..are only going for one goal..they are telling america to get the hell out of their country and just get out of there bussiness because iraq does not pose a threat against america or any other country in the world....iraq doesnt have the power to do shit....and this supposedly war for piece in iraq (" even though there aint such thing as a war for piece" cuzz wars never bring piece to the world) the war for peice in iraq is only a fake..it has larger goals behinf the scenes.....i dont know what those goals are..but they surely are not good for the iraqi people...i guess social darwinism is now carrying on and applying to countries now instead of just markets and companies.... ....
__________________

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #109
DarkAztek
Sand Man
 
DarkAztek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 31
Posts: 3,324
Thanks: 64
Thanked 582 Times in 189 Posts
DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

::Sigh::

You do not understand. NOBODY is saying that ANY other religion is perfect. When people commit terrible crimes, it is reported on the news. When the OCB blew up some buildings and the Unibomber killed people, it is reported. When some schmuck kills another person for a PS3, it is reported. When a Muslim extremist blows up a car, it is reported. NOBODY is singling out Islam.

You appear to be the one that is prejudiced. You keep claiming of biased journalism. The news is not some kind of vast conspiracy meant to make Islam look bad. In fact, if you actually WATCH the news, you'd find that the complete opposite is true. The news has been putting considerable effort to separate the image of terrorism as being strictly Muslim people. They show all of the Islamic people that are normal people suffering because of the Iraq civil war. Every single day I turn on the TV, I find at LEAST two interviews with Palestinians saying how the terrorists are not true Muslims and what they are doing is horrible.

...But how many interviews can they do on the same subject? Current news is current news. If a Muslim terrorist suicide bombs a grocery store, then what the fuck do you want the media to do? Ignore it? THAT would be yellow journalism.

If you meet people who judge you based on what your race is, then they're racist fuckers. But if you judge THEM based upon some previous notions / conceptions and you stereotype them automatically to be that way, then YOU are the racist. Capishe?



You're also starting to stretch this debate even FURTHER off topic. The original point was about these cartoons and how some extremists overreacted to them. Oh noesch! Their religion was made fun of! Tough shit. Nobody has the right to be violent because someone made fun of you. The cartoons said that Islam is a religion of violence. Are you offended on such a broad and terrible stereotype? Then don't react in a way that only ADDS FUEL TO THE FIRE. Don't BECOME the stereotype when people make fun of it.
__________________
[CENTER]
Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:19 PM   #110
Grimmjow
SCHITT
 
Grimmjow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 3,122
Thanks: 230
Thanked 121 Times in 57 Posts
Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post
::Sigh::

You do not understand. NOBODY is saying that ANY other religion is perfect. When people commit terrible crimes, it is reported on the news. When the OCB blew up some buildings and the Unibomber killed people, it is reported. When some schmuck kills another person for a PS3, it is reported. When a Muslim extremist blows up a car, it is reported. NOBODY is singling out Islam.

You appear to be the one that is prejudiced. You keep claiming of biased journalism. The news is not some kind of vast conspiracy meant to make Islam look bad. In fact, if you actually WATCH the news, you'd find that the complete opposite is true. The news has been putting considerable effort to separate the image of terrorism as being strictly Muslim people. They show all of the Islamic people that are normal people suffering because of the Iraq civil war. Every single day I turn on the TV, I find at LEAST two interviews with Palestinians saying how the terrorists are not true Muslims and what they are doing is horrible.

...But how many interviews can they do on the same subject? Current news is current news. If a Muslim terrorist suicide bombs a grocery store, then what the fuck do you want the media to do? Ignore it? THAT would be yellow journalism.

If you meet people who judge you based on what your race is, then they're racist fuckers. But if you judge THEM based upon some previous notions / conceptions and you stereotype them automatically to be that way, then YOU are the racist. Capishe?



You're also starting to stretch this debate even FURTHER off topic. The original point was about these cartoons and how some extremists overreacted to them. Oh noesch! Their religion was made fun of! Tough shit. Nobody has the right to be violent because someone made fun of you. The cartoons said that Islam is a religion of violence. Are you offended on such a broad and terrible stereotype? Then don't react in a way that only ADDS FUEL TO THE FIRE. Don't BECOME the stereotype when people make fun of it.
i was never trying to justify for the wrong doings and violence that happened in reaction to those comics....i was just trying to say that those comics where just plain wrong..because they made the religon as a whole look like it supported terrorism...why do i think that..well..if your gonna draw a picture of the prophrt muhammed with a bomb strapped on his head..that would mean that basically he is the one setting the example for all those dumbasses that do such things.....which is not true.....the prophet muhammed set the example for muslims by being pieceful and pious...not agressive and missguided...like i said...those people that are doing all the bombing and terror acts...are not really considered to be muslims....islam does not except such people to be part of the religion..those people are only muslims by name..and not true muslims....so what im really trying to get at was that tose comics where totaly wrong because they depicted the teacher of islam as a terrorist..there for you would infer that all the followers are also terrorist....if u get what im saying...
__________________

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:34 AM   #111
DarkAztek
Sand Man
 
DarkAztek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 31
Posts: 3,324
Thanks: 64
Thanked 582 Times in 189 Posts
DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

So what? It was a COMIC. Boo hoo. I can go out onto the streets and hand out fliers about how Islam is a religion about sacrificing babies... Why? Freedom of speech. You can go off making cartoons and saying stuff about how Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism or Jainism or Wicca or any other religion is this or that. It doesn't matter if it is a lie or holds some truth.

You. Don't. Get. It.

Go cry about some people making fun of your religion! Boo hoo! Tough shit. Didn't anyone ever teach you the saying about this type of stuff? "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."
__________________
[CENTER]
Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:42 PM   #112
Grimmjow
SCHITT
 
Grimmjow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 3,122
Thanks: 230
Thanked 121 Times in 57 Posts
Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post
So what? It was a COMIC. Boo hoo. I can go out onto the streets and hand out fliers about how Islam is a religion about sacrificing babies... Why? Freedom of speech. You can go off making cartoons and saying stuff about how Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism or Jainism or Wicca or any other religion is this or that. It doesn't matter if it is a lie or holds some truth.

You. Don't. Get. It.

Go cry about some people making fun of your religion! Boo hoo! Tough shit. Didn't anyone ever teach you the saying about this type of stuff? "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

i dont give a shit what people say..including u....any way..about freedom of speech...there are limits to that...even here in america....
__________________

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #113
DarkAztek
Sand Man
 
DarkAztek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 31
Posts: 3,324
Thanks: 64
Thanked 582 Times in 189 Posts
DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

::Sigh:: You, as well as loads of pissed off Muslims, apparently DO say what people say. Otherwise they wouldn't get so pissy over some cartoons that make fun of Islam. These people only reinforced a stereotype.
__________________
[CENTER]
Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:16 PM   #114
Grimmjow
SCHITT
 
Grimmjow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 3,122
Thanks: 230
Thanked 121 Times in 57 Posts
Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

omg...dont u get it...those that are doing all te terror acts and riots are not true muslims...how many times do i have to say it for u to get what i am saying.....they are not muslims..they only call themselves that

its like someone saying that they where christains when they didnt even believe in jesus...

alrighjt....d u get what im saying now?

and no...i dont cry about what people have to say about islam....like i said..i dont give a shit about what u or anyone else has to say about islam.....end of story....period...
__________________

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:46 PM   #115
DarkAztek
Sand Man
 
DarkAztek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 31
Posts: 3,324
Thanks: 64
Thanked 582 Times in 189 Posts
DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Are Christians still Christian if they don't obey their parents and are gluttons? What about Raja Yoga practitioners of Hinduism? Are Reformed Jews REALLY Jews? Yes and no on all counts. They are different sects or they have a few flaws or they see their religion differently. Is the Westboro Baptist Church still a part of Christianity? Sure. As horrible things they do, they're still technically Christians. So please, don't argue semantics with me.

I understand what you are TRYING to say... But you are failing in your logic. You DO care, since you have gone to such lengthy replies to my posts and you have gotten quite angry at them as well.

The question is whether the irate Muslims who threatened violence (maybe not murder, but at the very least, violence) over cartoons making fun of Islam are right or not. Are you saying that they are? If not, then don't bother posting since that is exactly what I have been saying. Where's your beef?
__________________
[CENTER]
Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:23 PM   #116
Grimmjow
SCHITT
 
Grimmjow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 3,122
Thanks: 230
Thanked 121 Times in 57 Posts
Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek View Post
Are Christians still Christian if they don't obey their parents and are gluttons? What about Raja Yoga practitioners of Hinduism? Are Reformed Jews REALLY Jews? Yes and no on all counts. They are different sects or they have a few flaws or they see their religion differently. Is the Westboro Baptist Church still a part of Christianity? Sure. As horrible things they do, they're still technically Christians. So please, don't argue semantics with me.

I understand what you are TRYING to say... But you are failing in your logic. You DO care, since you have gone to such lengthy replies to my posts and you have gotten quite angry at them as well.

The question is whether the irate Muslims who threatened violence (maybe not murder, but at the very least, violence) over cartoons making fun of Islam are right or not. Are you saying that they are? If not, then don't bother posting since that is exactly what I have been saying. Where's your beef?
as i said in one of my earlier posts..i am not trying to say that there crappy actions where good..i do not support any form of violence....i am only trying to say that the religion of islam should not be judged based on those violent idiots...now do u get where my beef is?
__________________

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:15 PM   #117
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Heh. The thing is, no one ever said that those cartoons represented all of Islam. You just assumed that, when it's completely obvious that those cartoons are making poking fun at those "false muslims."

So your entire point has absolutely nothing to do with anything in this thread. This thread is about those idiotic hypocrite 'fake' muslims that are violently protesting against freedom of speech/press. And for some reason you (rather ironically) decided to get all defensive/combative because it had something to do with your Islamic faith. Funny how that worked out, eh? ; )
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:40 AM   #118
Kekkei Genkai
Chuunin
 
Kekkei Genkai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Somewhere someplace doing something, meeting someone somehow
Posts: 581
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kekkei Genkai is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Funny how this worked out. Well then, why didn't you bring that up earlier to save all these lengthy conversations leading off topic then. Your earlier posts also had nothing to do with the subject also.
Kekkei Genkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #119
Grimmjow
SCHITT
 
Grimmjow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 3,122
Thanks: 230
Thanked 121 Times in 57 Posts
Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekkei Genkai View Post
Funny how this worked out. Well then, why didn't you bring that up earlier to save all these lengthy conversations leading off topic then. Your earlier posts also had nothing to do with the subject also.
you dont need to copy what miburo said already...i read his post and dont need someone to say that crap to me again...

@ miburo...i didnt decide to besome combative..as for defensive...its my faith..i gotta defend it....and ok...i did get off topic with a few posts...but what i said does have to do wit the comics....i dont wanna keep repeeting this...but dont you think that when you put the prophet of a religion as a terrorist with a bomb strapped to his head, dont you think that is saying that all muslims are terrorist....because muslims follow that prohpet's teachings...he is supposed to be every muslims role model...meaning if he is gonna strap a bomb on his head and go kill inocent people...then his followers would do the same..get what im saying? or do you still need more elaboration...i dont think i could make it any simpler or clearer than this....
__________________

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #120
Miburo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekkei Genkai View Post
Funny how this worked out. Well then, why didn't you bring that up earlier to save all these lengthy conversations leading off topic then. Your earlier posts also had nothing to do with the subject also.
Heh, all my posts have delt with either the topic of the debate or were in responce to an errorous argument on the part of fellow debators within the thread. Much unlike your quoted post, by the way, which doesn't deal with anything remotely close to the topic or arguments within the thread. Funny how that worked out, eh? ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutorasengan16 View Post
@ miburo...i didnt decide to besome combative..as for defensive...its my faith..i gotta defend it....and ok...i did get off topic with a few posts...but what i said does have to do wit the comics....i dont wanna keep repeeting this...but dont you think that when you put the prophet of a religion as a terrorist with a bomb strapped to his head, dont you think that is saying that all muslims are terrorist....because muslims follow that prohpet's teachings...he is supposed to be every muslims role model...meaning if he is gonna strap a bomb on his head and go kill inocent people...then his followers would do the same..get what im saying? or do you still need more elaboration...i dont think i could make it any simpler or clearer than this....
No, I don't think that at all. If I saw a cartoon such as the one you discribed I'd assume it was referring to the views of those 'false' Muslims that you speak of. Because, afterall, they do actually believe that they are doing what they do in the name of their religion. I'd personally assume that it was mocking those 'fake' Muslims who are actually violent. That's just me though, who knows what idiots would think...Maybe that have a quote somewhere from the cartoon creator stating that the cartoons are meant to represent all Muslims, even the ones that aren't violent hypocrites to their faith..or something. >.>

Not that it even matters, considering no matter how offensive you may find something, you still can't say that someone putting something like that in a newspaper is wrong. Especially considering the circumstances. It's their right, you can't try to take that away from them no matter how offensive or just plain incorrect their little cartoon is to you.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.