Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons - Page 9 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 12-27-2006, 05:44 PM   #121
Grimmjow
SCHITT

Grimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of lightGrimmjow is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Islam Protesting against Danish Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Heh, all my posts have delt with either the topic of the debate or were in responce to an errorous argument on the part of fellow debators within the thread. Much unlike your quoted post, by the way, which doesn't deal with anything remotely close to the topic or arguments within the thread. Funny how that worked out, eh? ; )

No, I don't think that at all. If I saw a cartoon such as the one you discribed I'd assume it was referring to the views of those 'false' Muslims that you speak of. Because, afterall, they do actually believe that they are doing what they do in the name of their religion. I'd personally assume that it was mocking those 'fake' Muslims who are actually violent. That's just me though, who knows what idiots would think...Maybe that have a quote somewhere from the cartoon creator stating that the cartoons are meant to represent all Muslims, even the ones that aren't violent hypocrites to their faith..or something. >.>

Not that it even matters, considering no matter how offensive you may find something, you still can't say that someone putting something like that in a newspaper is wrong. Especially considering the circumstances. It's their right, you can't try to take that away from them no matter how offensive or just plain incorrect their little cartoon is to you.

lol..again and again...how many times am i gonna have to say this man...they can do what ever they want....no one is taking there rights away from them...i can only care less about those comics...the only point that i was trying to get across to u is that those people that had the violent protests and terror crap are not truly following the rules of islam...the ones that handled the problem in a pieceful way are the ones that are pieceful....anyway...if u get my point thats good..if u dont that also fine....im not gonna argue with u anymore...im getting a headache from it...lol

Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2006, 03:25 AM   #122
nma
ANBU

nma is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy shit! This thread is still running? @_@

Once again, shit happens. Don't be a dumb fuck and group an entire race/religion/country over the actions of a minority.

nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:30 AM   #123
Kekkei Genkai
Chuunin

Location: Somewhere someplace doing something, meeting someone somehow
Kekkei Genkai is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutorasengan16 View Post
you dont need to copy what miburo said already...i read his post and dont need someone to say that crap to me again...
@NR16 Actually I was telling him...
@Miburo. Nowhere in your former posts did it concern anything about false Muslims. It may have contained a bit of stuff but well the efforts have been in vain to have gone this far.
Kekkei Genkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #124
Miburo

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutorasengan16 View Post
lol..again and again...how many times am i gonna have to say this man...they can do what ever they want....no one is taking there rights away from them...i can only care less about those comics...the only point that i was trying to get across to u is that those people that had the violent protests and terror crap are not truly following the rules of islam...the ones that handled the problem in a pieceful way are the ones that are pieceful....anyway...if u get my point thats good..if u dont that also fine....im not gonna argue with u anymore...im getting a headache from it...lol
Heh, so let me get this straight. You could(n't) care less about the comics, don't support the Muslims that are protesting, and aren't against those comics being published in a newspaper. You just popped into the thread to say that not all Muslims are idiotic hypocrites like the one's protesting, even though no one tried to imply otherwise (This year, anyway. I didn't read back too far in the thread.).

Okay, well thanks for pointing that out, I guess. And I apologize for thinking that you were actually trying to tie that into the topic of debate. Totally my bad, don't know that I was thinking there. >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekkei Genkai View Post
@Miburo. Nowhere in your former posts did it concern anything about false Muslims. It may have contained a bit of stuff but well the efforts have been in vain to have gone this far.
I honestly don't see how the whole "false Muslim" thing was much of an issue, so I tried to just ignore it for the most part. I figured the guy was trying to respond to the topic of discussion, so I went with that stuff mostly. I didn't know he was just popping in to give us the heads up on the what I thought to be obvious fact that not all Muslims are dumbass terrorists. Just a understandable miscommunication.

Actually, screw that. If you think I'm somehow off-topic then just report me. Don't dedicate entire posts to bitching about how I post without adding anything to the discussion yourself, that's just pretty ridiculous dude. : )
Old 12-29-2006, 09:59 PM   #125
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

South Park has done stuff far worse than protray Mohammad as a suicide bomber. Just the other day I saw a recent halloween episode by those guys, which included Satan throwing a party of epic proportions on earth. The pope, priests, bishops, reverends, etc were not allowed to attend the party, however.

Priests were even shown having leaches attached to young male children, promoting the steriotype that all catholic priests are child molesters. I recall an episode before this one that made a mockery of the entire catholic religion (holy queen spider, anyone? the pope himself shown as a babbling senile?)

Going back to the episode I recently saw, Satan learned some moral values and let everyone attend the party. In the end scene, you see the bishops, reverends, and priests dancing, doing the wave, and etc.

So now, I ask, where the hell are the violent protests against South Park?