Freedom of speech: Can it survive? - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 02-25-2006, 02:16 AM   #16
GAma_Oyabun
Special Jounin

GAma_Oyabun is an unknown quantity at this point
there is freedom of speech, but that just gives people freedom to kick ur ass if u say something really retarded

FC's
owner of the Village Brawl fc ^^-----LIKE RPGS??? join Village BRAWL FC>..the original rpg fc

member of the Fruits Basket Fc
GAma_Oyabun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2006, 03:12 AM   #17
Kyoko-_**
Special Jounin

Location: On a little floating dot in a place called space...
Kyoko-_** has a brilliant futureKyoko-_** has a brilliant futureKyoko-_** has a brilliant futureKyoko-_** has a brilliant futureKyoko-_** has a brilliant futureKyoko-_** has a brilliant futureKyoko-_** has a brilliant futureKyoko-_** has a brilliant futureKyoko-_** has a brilliant futureKyoko-_** has a brilliant futureKyoko-_** has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAma_Oyabun
there is freedom of speech, but that just gives people freedom to kick ur ass if u say something really retarded
hehe... i totally agree with you!!

Kyoko-_** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:35 PM   #18
kashyap3
Genin

kashyap3 is an unknown quantity at this point
it exists in our eyes, but in reality, it is more like an illusion of freedom in western countries. Either the government controls you in some forms of government, or Businesses control you in other forms of government, for example, a right wing democracy.

The RP Site
kashyap3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:24 AM   #19
Peregrin
Fool of a Took

Peregrin is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree that the U.S. has, as of late, become less than glamorous, being run by the (opinion warning) fools that so many idiots put in the White House. To a certain extent, the "right wing democracy" is as much the people's fault as it is the government's. Although, there is the whole electoral college business and... well... the system could use refining. However, to have TOTAL freedom of speech, you couldn't have a real government. You'd have an anarchy.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:12 AM   #20
Azumi
유아쿨입유캔리드디스

Location: In the land of rubbershoes and dirty ice cream... ;o)
Azumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really nice
freedom os speech is a previledge (i forgot the spelling. nyahh!!!!) given by a nation to it's citezen, esp in a democratic country. before, the philippines was deprived by that by it's invader mother, the spain. so for us, we are very grateful for having that freedom. but of course, we should be responsible in using that freedom.
freedom of speech can survive as long as the citizens are responsible enough to use that.

I LOL'D.
삳 압. 유 아 이스투피드.
Azumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:45 PM   #21
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
We pretty much have a nice bit of freedom when walking around in the streets. The real question is in the media. If we have freedom of speech, why are some things allowed to be censored on TV? (other than the pr0n)
Ninja48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #22
Azumi
유아쿨입유캔리드디스

Azumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really nice
because, little did you know, there are lots of young audiences that could probably be watching violent scenes in the tv. that's why there's censorship.

I LOL'D.
삳 압. 유 아 이스투피드.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:31 PM   #23
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
We'll, by me saying "besides the pr0n," I meant things that aren't suitable for children. I think I remember some political views being censored on TV.
Ninja48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:37 AM   #24
Azumi
유아쿨입유캔리드디스

Quote:
and you do know how impressional kids are, a friend of mine was stupid one day when he was a kid and stuck his finger in a light socket just because "tom and jerry did it", yea its just what happens to kids nowadays.
yeah... kids imitate what they see on tv.
they always do.

I LOL'D.
삳 압. 유 아 이스투피드.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #25
kashyap3
Genin

kashyap3 is an unknown quantity at this point
you guys are kinda leading off into freedom of the press lol
freedom does exist, but always to a certain extent, then it comes into contact with other freedoms, and comes into conflict of other's freedom of religion like the cartoons. THerefore freedom does exist but to a limited extent only. If you live in a communist country, you do have this right, but you are persuaded to not exercise this right

The RP Site
kashyap3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:23 PM   #26
Naru-rin
Genin

Naru-rin is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in the UK, so I don't know much about my so-called 'Homeland'. (Personally, Japan would've been better) But, yeah. Think about it! They took out a sign that was in Kanji for the Dub Naruto! That was pointless! But, I think I'm straying off of my own topic. I don't imitate what I see on TV, but compare my life to those of Naruto's and Edward Elric's. And follow their way of thinking, mixed with my twisted sense of humor. But, yeah. Kids are easily influenced by things like favourite characters. (Example: My lil sis acts like sailor Moon. I'm like Naruto and Ed Elric. Not exactly mixed together, tho'.)

FCs:
Member of:
The Urahara Kisuke FC(owner)
The official 4kids haters FC
Akatsuki Leader FC
The Kon FC
The Naruto's overly obsessed FC

Naru-rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:21 AM   #27
Naru-rin
Genin

Naru-rin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero_Ni_Sama

he said that his friend was FINED. not arrested.
That's what Imeant. But, still! It was PRIVATE!

FCs:
Member of:
The Urahara Kisuke FC(owner)
The official 4kids haters FC
Akatsuki Leader FC
The Kon FC
The Naruto's overly obsessed FC

Naru-rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:28 AM   #28
Jagen-san
The lazy genius

Jagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of light
I live in america. they say freedom of spech but we all know it's bull crap. if it truly existed I could tell president Bush to go screw himself and not go to jail!

Thanx to Mystic 4 da shika banner ^_^

Shikamaru pwns you all!

As does Itachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino View Post
If you're even considering getting them drunk in hopes of ending your virginity, then you sir are the douche bag that I've always thought you were, except now theres concrete proof of said douche baggery.
LMAO! Damn right!

Link kicks ASS!

Think of me as the counselor of nl!!! need someone 2 talk 2 just pm me and Ill gladly listen!
Jagen-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #29
Dosu
Hunter-Nin

Dosu is an unknown quantity at this point
well I'm from America so I think I should give my input on this, the fact of the matter is there is no real "free" speach per say, even here in America, there's censorship. and expesially right now, if you say the worng thing about the wrong person (I.E. Bush) you could end up being investigated by the FBI. I mean you can say whatever you want, but there's bound to be repecusions if say something offensive to someone else, but we do have it pretty good most of the time, and censorship just looses more and more control every year, so do I think free spech will survive? sorry to say, but it never really existed in the first place, every country has some level of censorship, it's unavoidable, but that being said, I think for the most part, at least here in the U.S.A. it'l stay about as good as is has been.

Honor is relfected in one's deeds, inaction bespeaks of cowardice
-Yoshimitsu-
Dosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:32 PM   #30
Pride
Change is coming

Pride will become famous soon enoughPride will become famous soon enough
um,. you can tell bush to go fuck em self without going to jail, people do it al the time, send em letters and shit..

[1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2]
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote