Freedom of speech: Can it survive? - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 04-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #31
Dosu
Hunter-Nin

Dosu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride
um,. you can tell bush to go fuck em self without going to jail, people do it al the time, send em letters and shit..
trust me, it's not that easy, the fact is, Bush doesn't have the time/and or money to invetigate everyone who protests againts him, bu there have been reports of people speaking out against him, and then having police/FBI interactions against them.

Honor is relfected in one's deeds, inaction bespeaks of cowardice
-Yoshimitsu-
Dosu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #32
GAma_Oyabun
Special Jounin

GAma_Oyabun is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagen-san
I live in america. they say freedom of spech but we all know it's bull crap. if it truly existed I could tell president Bush to go screw himself and not go to jail!
actually i think u can do that. people are always holding up signs saying "go to hell bush" so i dont see why not....but thats not a good idea

FC's
owner of the Village Brawl fc ^^-----LIKE RPGS??? join Village BRAWL FC>..the original rpg fc

member of the Fruits Basket Fc
GAma_Oyabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:43 PM   #33
Jagen-san
The lazy genius

Jagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of lightJagen-san is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAma_Oyabun
actually i think u can do that. people are always holding up signs saying "go to hell bush" so i dont see why not....but thats not a good idea
I know I was just giving an example. I dont have anything against bush.

Thanx to Mystic 4 da shika banner ^_^

Shikamaru pwns you all!

As does Itachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino View Post
If you're even considering getting them drunk in hopes of ending your virginity, then you sir are the douche bag that I've always thought you were, except now theres concrete proof of said douche baggery.
LMAO! Damn right!

Link kicks ASS!

Think of me as the counselor of nl!!! need someone 2 talk 2 just pm me and Ill gladly listen!
Jagen-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:26 AM   #34
Naru-rin
Genin

Naru-rin is an unknown quantity at this point
But showing signs that say 'To hell with bush' and stuff like that, It's not really that much.(Until they burn stuff down...) But thosewith the nerve to send letters and sh!t...I think they would send FBI and stuff...

FCs:
Member of:
The Urahara Kisuke FC(owner)
The official 4kids haters FC
Akatsuki Leader FC
The Kon FC
The Naruto's overly obsessed FC

Naru-rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:10 AM   #35
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
freedom of speech.....it's not total freedom....its limited to what "speech" is defined as.....
Old 04-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #36
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
No, it isn't. The only limitations on Freedom of Speech is that it cannot cause harm to people. For example, there is a reason that we do not allow the Neo Nazi groups to go to give their rallies and protests in a place that is predominantly Jewish (especially with Holocaust survivors). We do not allow people to yell "FIRE!" in a crowded theatre. Etc.

Any other limitation of the freedom of speech is a terrible blow against our human (and American) rights.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #37
Cerberus III
Genin

Cerberus III is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Freedom of speech: Can it survive?

If monarchy is used in America at some point the future for whatever reason, then freedom of speech will cease to exist in the U.S.

The only skills I'll need in life are the ones with no true use in the world. -Calvin & Hobbes comic strip.

Look at my AVI! Does it get you thinking about Master Chief?
Cerberus III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #38
Nuerhachi Niru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakgyrl510
freedom of speech.....it's not total freedom....its limited to what "speech" is defined as.....
ditto, i agree w/ wat she says
Old 06-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #39
komiskotov
Academy Student

komiskotov is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Freedom of speech: Can it survive?

nah, it wont eventually, i guess so...

i am living in a democratic country and yet i still cant understand why it's called freedom. . .

maybe in the next lifetime, it can survive. . .
Old 06-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #40
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Freedom of Speech should have a limit.

No mocking religion or other that is sensitive.

Bad Speech will lead to bad things.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #41
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

If you limit my freedom of speech in any way, shape, or form, you limit my very personality. Who says what is obscene and what is wrong? Morality, as I have explained multiple times on NL, is not universal in any way. If I choose to mock a religion, then it is my right to express my feelings. To limit speech is also to limit thought.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Old 06-05-2006, 01:12 AM   #42
komiskotov
Academy Student

komiskotov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAztek
If you limit my freedom of speech in any way, shape, or form, you limit my very personality. Who says what is obscene and what is wrong? Morality, as I have explained multiple times on NL, is not universal in any way. If I choose to mock a religion, then it is my right to express my feelings. To limit speech is also to limit thought.

To limit speech doesn't always mean to limit your thought. It's just that you must have to examine well the substance of your speech. That is the time to blunt it if thats what your critical thinking is leading you!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:12 AM   #43
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

But mocking religion, races will cause people go angry. Freedom of speech should considerated other people feelings and things that are sensitive to them .

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:47 PM   #44
DarkAztek
Sand Man

Quote:
To limit speech doesn't always mean to limit your thought. It's just that you must have to examine well the substance of your speech. That is the time to blunt it if thats what your critical thinking is leading you!
Oh no? When a person cannot speak aloud or express themselves fully, there exists a control over us. In many places of the world, certain topics cannot be discussed in an attempt by the government to change public opinion on these matters. If you control speech, you have a form of control of thought.

Don't believe me? Watch what happens to NL if we ban people if they say that Naruto is bad. We'd be left with only people who like it here. Now let us pretend that NL is actually a country. We execute people for speaking ill of Naruto. We do not allow outside commentry on Naruto (if it is of the opinion that the show is bad). Public opinion will always be that Naruto is wonderful.

Are you offended if I decide to call all women bitches? Too bad. That's my personal opinion. To penalize me for saying that is to control my thoughts. Get it?

Hence why I am against ANY form of speech control.

Quote:
But mocking religion, races will cause people go angry. Freedom of speech should considerated other people feelings and things that are sensitive to them .
And? So WHAT if people get offended if I make fun of them? They get angry and do shit? Too bad. It is my RIGHT to THINK and FEEL as I so choose. If I want to announce to the public that I think that Jews are all dickheads, then it is my right.

(Note: I don't think ill of Jews. I am Jewish. ...That's why I used it as an example.)

Old 06-15-2006, 01:31 PM   #45
kai of the green forest
Academy Student

kai of the green forest is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that if you limit someone's ability to speak freely, however even if you allow free speech people can still abuse it. I mean look at the religous right who argue that Homosexuality is a disease, when it has been proven not to be. Therefore freedom of speech is nessisary, but it was created so that it would not impede (I can't spell) on other people's personal rights. Also truthfully i would right now be more afraid of wire tappings, because i fear that our country it going down a dark road that I fear will look something like the third reich (this is my oppinnion and i know i cannot spell).

P.S. they have not created a cure for AIDS, they have created a vacine that stops cirvical cancer...sorry that just needed to be said