Religion and God - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 01-20-2005, 07:01 AM   #1
Anto
Missing-Nin

Anto is an unknown quantity at this point
Religion and God

1) Is religion ruining everyone's lives ? Is it just making things worse ? Why are wars usually always based on conflicting religions ?

These are frequently asked questions, which can't be answered, what do you all think about it?

I personally think that it is right to follow religion and be religious and all, but should not be used as an excuse for killing and controlling people's lives. It should just be a part of your life where you care about it, and follow it, but not use it against anyone.

2) What about God ? Do you believe in his existance ? If so then why are people always dying and suffering in this world ? Isn't it supposed to be exactly the opposite when God exists ? Isn't there supposed to be peace and love in this world through God ?

Last edited by Anto; 01-20-2005 at 07:04 AM.
Anto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2005, 11:20 AM   #2
Mistress_sfc
Genin

Mistress_sfc is an unknown quantity at this point
1) It makes me sad that people get hurt by conflicts in general, but its even sadder when its because of religion. Religion is supposed to be a good thing and something personal.

2) Just think about it this way, if there was no suffering how would we know what happiness is. Or think of it this way, if there was no god, all hell would break lose.
But that depends of course, whether or not you believe in god and the devil and heaven and hell.

Thanks 6n6 for the sig!
...Shadowwolf is my special bitch ...
Mistress_sfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:52 AM   #3
nma
ANBU

nma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anto
1) Is religion ruining everyone's lives ? Is it just making things worse ? Why are wars usually always based on conflicting religions ?
Religion is only one of the many things that cause war. War is always caused by different ideologies, when one guy doesn't agree with the other. For example the French revolution, it was because the king was so rich while all of his people were staving, it had nothing to do with religion. Another example would be the american revolution. Anywho, religion doesnt ruin peoples lives, it saves them. When once they had nothing to live for, religion gave them a reason to live.

Quote:
2) What about God ? Do you believe in his existance ? If so then why are people always dying and suffering in this world ? Isn't it supposed to be exactly the opposite when God exists ? Isn't there supposed to be peace and love in this world through God ?
This is not heaven, we're not here so we can be happy all the time we're here to worship god. Besides, are you such a good person that you don't deserve anything bad to happen to you at all? This world is just a bridge to the next life, a life where you can either enjoy enternal happiness, or suffer for all of eternity.

nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:28 PM   #4
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

Kagami Kyoji is an unknown quantity at this point
This may be a bit too philosophical so try and stay with me.

First off yes that would seem to be a great way to do thing but yet again there will always be those who just don't or are fanatics.

Secondly, the question is not about God and terror it is about life and free will. Explaination:

If God did not give us free will then we wouild not have the choice for doing things like saving people or not saving them. No heroics, no good!!!

Without good there can be no evil. Also it gives way to "greater goods" like chivalry, etc. that are beyond good. Like a hero!

If bad things never happened to the good we would never appreciate the value of nothing happening. If you were indestructible and you were hit by a car then it makes no difference however if you were not and lived then you would greatly appreciate life in general.

Also without death there can be no life. It is nescessary to balance the equation the we humans have messed with. Also many find it a joy and pleasure to be closser to God in a much shorter time.

Well thats my 30 sec philosophy lesson for today! See ya next time!

"To remove liberty from will is to remove morality from one's acts"

Kagami Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #5
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
I don't like that fact that wars and such are normally started by the fact of my religion VS. your religion. But I believe that religion is basically your choice to believe or not and in what you believe.

I do believe there is a God and I will try to always follow His ways but being an imperfect human I am I know that that is not possible.

Aruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:01 PM   #6
Vermilion
Chuunin

Vermilion is an unknown quantity at this point
There is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma
This is not heaven, we're not here so we can be happy all the time we're here to worship god.
If "God" is such a nice person, then what's with that gigantic ego of his? Putting us down here to worship him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma
Besides, are you such a good person that you don't deserve anything bad to happen to you at all? This world is just a bridge to the next life, a life where you can either enjoy enternal happiness, or suffer for all of eternity.
Then exactly what purpose does this bridge serve? As a test, to see if we're good enough to come into heaven?
People change all the time during their life. Every person we meet, every thought we think and every situation we live through changes us.
Now if we were to be born perfect in this so called "paradise" where everything would be so nice and sweet, nobody would ever even dream of doing something bad.

There would be no point for a "God" to give us free will and a trial life, just so we could go do something bad and end up in hell for an eternity or two full of torture and despair.
It's just lame. It gives people hope and keeps them going when they need a guiding light.Cute.

¨´
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:45 PM   #7
kakashi2010
Chuunin

kakashi2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I don't think religion is ruining everone's lives. People have the decision on whether or not to accept religion into their lives. And wars are almost not based on conflicting religions. WW2 wasn't. This war is all on terrorism. Maybe a little on religion, but mostly on terrorism.

Quote:
yes, i do think there is a god. how do i know? i just don't know, but i do know there is a good. People are suffering because they feel like suffering. They haven't accepted the fact that there is a god in this world or just don't want to believe that there is a god. Yes, there is supposed to be love and peace in the perfect world, but this isn't a perfect world. poverty is all around us and there is suffering. we cannot stop it, but we can prevent it. people are just too dumb to realize that.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:06 PM   #8
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi2010
we cannot stop it, but we can prevent it. people are just too dumb to realize that.
Kinda reminds me of the forrest fire bear "Smokey" - "Only you can prevent forest fires" hehe j/k

Exactly, which is actually a view held by many...that God simply put us here and to allow free will and choice gave us what we wanted...poverty, crime, death! Note: This is not my opinion but as one in the philosophical arts I must proclaim it a theory!

Old 01-20-2005, 04:39 PM   #9
Aruko
ANBU

Aruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enoughAruko will become famous soon enough
Vermillion
no wonder noone likes you
or at least no wonder i dont like you
i dont know why the Lord has done everything that he has done but i know that he has a reason
and also if you had a hint which team was the winning team or even a fact of which team is the winning team wouldnt you choose to be on the winning team?
and also on wars, war was created because of lust! the archangel lucifer (correct me if im wrong on names) thought that he was better and stronger and more powerful than God so he left heaven and the second he thought that, war began good against evil yin and yang dark and light Satan started it all
the second Lucifer left heaven he became Satan and waged war against God
even Satan believes in God he just thinks he is better than God

Aruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:02 PM   #10
Enma
Genin

Enma is an unknown quantity at this point
God is a concept of which people rely their faith on...that my opinion....he doesnt really exist but it better to have faith in something rather than nothing...if you think life is emptiness..life is brutually and there is no god, then eventually you will live with that path..you will alway think because of this then that happen..life will sure be cruel.however if you have faith in some thing like god as an example...then you at least live in a better mood...you have something to hold on while you lost ur hope or faith...it better to belive in god eventhough you know he not really* exit

Enma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:10 PM   #11
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute
I have to agree with Vermilion on this one. I havent seen evidence to support a God or Devil, so until there is concrete evidence ill stick to my belief that neither exists. Every religion claims theres is the true religion, now theres alot of them out there, so how do we know which is correct, for that matter how do we know any of them is real. The answer is we dont and cant know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruko samaki
Vermillion
no wonder noone likes you
or at least no wonder i dont like you
i dont know why the Lord has done everything that he has done but i know that he has a reason
and also if you had a hint which team was the winning team or even a fact of which team is the winning team wouldnt you choose to be on the winning team?
and also on wars, war was created because of lust! the archangel lucifer (correct me if im wrong on names) thought that he was better and stronger and more powerful than God so he left heaven and the second he thought that, war began good against evil yin and yang dark and light Satan started it all
the second Lucifer left heaven he became Satan and waged war against God
even Satan believes in God he just thinks he is better than God
Thats just like saying my imaginary best friend believes that your imaginary best friend is real, and vice versa. Does that make either of them real...no. To anyone who has an imaginary friend, to them he is real, but to others he doesnt exist, thats the same with religion where each person symbolizes a different religion and the imaginary friend is the god they believe in.

Gamertag: ShinoNC

Last edited by Shino; 01-20-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:10 PM   #12
noxide
Chuunin

noxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Well religion is every one choiccce. You can beleive what you want to but you shouldnt force others to share your beliefs
noxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:41 PM   #13
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute
^ I also agree with what he said. Religion is fine, just please dont force others to believe what you believe in, nor dont try to "recruit" others to your religion.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:49 PM   #14
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

*Starts to remember the past*

Germany
Rome
Greece
England
United States
Japan
China
The List Continues...

Ethnic cleansing and forcing others to join your religion in both persuasive and forceful ways is just not right.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:57 PM   #15
AztecSasuke
Genin

AztecSasuke is an unknown quantity at this point
Well the way I see it there is a God. I mean what do we have to lose. If there is no God than oh well there is no god and i will just die and not go to hell or heaven. We have nothing to lose in believing something. I think this is where the definition of faith comes in *looking in dictionary* faith: belief in divine truth without proof. God says have faith so I'll just have faith.

And well, we suffer because earth is not God's kingdom. It is the kingdom of the Satan. I think the bible says something like: "bring the kingdom of God unto the earth" or something of the sort. The bible also says that Christ will come back one day and wage war against Satan and his demons, send them straight to hell along with all of his follower and create a new earth.

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

Nothing in this life is hard. There are only things that take more time. The only true hard thing in life is to survive.
AztecSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote