Should Marijuana be illegal - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 03-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
Nuerhachi Niru

Exclamation Should Marijuana be illegal

If marijuana causes as much problems as smoking & alchohol does why should'nt
it be legal? I bet less people would die over it if it wasn't illegal. ( I don't smoke pot if that's what you're thinking...)

Old 03-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #2
Dosu189
Missing-Nin

Dosu189 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smoke the plant, and you show yourself to your innerself..
Dosu189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #3
bloodreapress
Jounin

Location: Everywhere at anytime I can see whatever is going on
bloodreapress is an unknown quantity at this point
Illegal! But then if it was illegal, it'd cause so many problems of access. However, if it wasn't illegal - same problems. So make it illegal.

bloodreapress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
bloodreapress
Jounin

Just don't get hooked in the first place! I mean, if it's going to cause you so many problems - they should just try and stop the manufacture of marijuana, but then people would pay more and kill for it, causing bigger problems...wow...this is an endless circle of abuse...*dies*

Old 03-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #5
Joshua Johnson
Genin

Joshua Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep it legal. For medical purposes, only. That's the smart way to do it.
Mist Shinobi FC - Member

When you protect the ones important to you, your true strength will show. - Haku
Joshua Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:04 AM   #6
kakashi1300
Kakashi's Eye

kakashi1300 is on a distinguished roadkakashi1300 is on a distinguished road
this one has a different effect than smoking. it can cause you terrible hallucinations, which smoking can't provide. and extreme euphoria as well, which is why many people would still kill to get it. it has more potential to ruin lives unlike cigarettes.

Official member of the Tropang Tambayan

Join teh Official Prince of Tennis FC Now

ATP 2009 Season
kakashi1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #7
SharinganEyes
Chuunin

SharinganEyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Johnson
Keep it legal. For medical purposes, only. That's the smart way to do it.
precisely that's wrong already... people would just get the sickness just to get marijuana, like opium.. it just relief people of their pain, but that's the problem.. it's useful for a very short term. that's all. it's not that i dun allow, just that if there's a way to kick the out the marijuana after using, meaning after the sickness is gone, there will be some follow-up program to make sure the user isn't abusing the drug, then i wouldn mind at all..

besides, we already so much problems with drugs already- trafficking, and no doubt the rising number of users, why must we legalize another one?

creator- beautiful green beast
SharinganEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:43 AM   #8
Khari
Gyokunyo

Khari is infamous around these partsKhari is infamous around these parts
go ahead keep doin the plant kill yourselves why dont OF COURSE IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:30 AM   #9
Dosu189
Missing-Nin

Dosu189 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosu189
Smoke the plant, and you show yourself to your innerself..
....That will be my only post in this thread.
Dosu189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #10
Ore-sama
Jounin

Ore-sama is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't see in what way marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes. We all know smoking is addictive and alcohol fucks you up.
I worked at a bar once. I had friends who smoked pot. I had customers who were alcoholics. I have a chainsmoking mother.
The healthiest and most sane of the 3 were the pot smokers. When my mother doesn't get her 2 packs of cigarettes a day, she's pissy and irritable, scary, even dangerous.... and I'm not going to start about the alcoholics, except that they were so screwed up that there was no more hope for them in ever finding work or a normal life again.
The pot smokers kill a few brain cells with each joint, and while the effect lasts, they're either useless or especially concentrated, maybe cheerful, maybe a little irritable. But they're never out of service. I haven't met a pot smoker yet who was as stoned as to try to rape me, unlike some alcoholics. And they weren't addicted, either. Their daily or weekly joint is what my daily or weekly chocolate is to me.
What scares me is alcohol and cigarettes. The side stream smoke also severely jeopardizes the health of the people around the smoker, called passive smokers. I mean, hell, I once passed out when 3 people were smoking in the same car with me.

It's ridiculous to endorse alcohol and cigarettes and condemn the much more harmless marijuana. I take neither, never did and never will, but I think that marijuana, out of the three, is the least dangerous.

By the way - if people wanna ruin their life, let them. Let them shoot up, let them hang themselves, let them do whatever they please as long as they don't get in the way of other people.

Btw, it was said here that it leads to harder drugs - yes, and buying a poodle can lead to getting a rottweiler next, ofcourse it CAN, but it's not because it's marijuana but because some dumbasses get tired of its weak effect and want it a bit stronger. But none of my acquaintances has taken any hard drugs yet except for one, and he's totally screwed up anyway, not because of pot but because he's a weak-psyched worthless piece of shit.

@Kakashi
I haven't seen any of my 20, 30 potsmoking friends hallucinate or get aggressive yet.

I value Animals as much as Humans = I value Humans as little as Animals.

Last edited by Ore-sama; 03-07-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Ore-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:32 AM   #11
bloodreapress
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ore-sama
The healthiest and most sane of the 3 were the pot smokers. When my mother doesn't get her 2 packs of cigarettes a day, she's pissy and irritable, scary, even dangerous.... and I'm not going to start about the alcoholics, except that they were so screwed up that there was no more hope for them in ever finding work or a normal life again.
Yeah, I agree - my mother said that if I ever wanted to get high, don't drink, just smoke. Marijuana is safer than alcohol, so if you had a decision whether to make one or the other illegal, it would be alcohol.
But I'm beginning to feel now that marijuana should be illegal in anyway, medicine or to get hooked on.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:59 AM   #12
saskatu
Blitzkrieg

saskatu is an unknown quantity at this point
is a drug it could cause death if ppl fight over for a pointless drug why dont they just get drunk from alcohol even thow marijuana is illgeal is not as "ill drive im fine even thow i drank im still good"if you now what i mean

saskatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #13
bloodreapress
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatu
is a drug it could cause death if ppl fight over for a pointless drug why dont they just get drunk from alcohol even thow marijuana is illgeal is not as "ill drive im fine even thow i drank im still good"if you now what i mean
Alcohol is addictive too, you know >.> And you lose control over yourself. It's safer to get high on marijuana.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #14
Ore-sama
Jounin

Ore-sama is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatu
I assume you never made any experiences with pot smokers and alcoholics... you know, a drunk bastard beating his wife and kids is not as fictional as you may think... I've seen tables fly because someone knocked over another bum's pint.
And "cause death"... sorry, are we talking about some weed or heroin here..? Ofcourse you can die of marijuana, for example by throwing it out of a 5th floor window and jumping after it...

BTW, medication are called drugs, too. And I went to a drug store on Friday...

As for the question whether it should be legal or not - make it legal for ages 18 and up, for God's sake. When something can be legally obtained, there's less need for violence and crimes in order to get your hands on it.

I value Animals as much as Humans = I value Humans as little as Animals.

Ore-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #15
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Marijuana itself is not the best type of drug for people for pain relief. There are much better perscription drugs out there. So this "medicinal" crap should be thrown right out the window. It's like taking baby aspirin for a woman that has serious menstrual cramps.

The only use for it that it does better than many others is inducing psychotropic problems in the brain. Did you know that if you EVER use pot even ONCE that it changes your brain chemistry entirely? My sister works for the labs down in Wake Forest doing chemical drug testing on monkeys and humans and their reactions to different addictive substances. Marijuana is much more dangerous chemically than people give it credit.

I've done it plenty of times myself. It's nice and to be honest, it really is no more or less dangerous than alcohol. If we allow alcohol and ciggarettes, I fail to see why people should not be able to get marijuana. The thing is, it has to be handled with responsibilty. Many forms of pot currently are made by people who use the money to support violence. This is my solution:

Selling the seeds is legal. That can even be taxed slightly and the government could make a lot of money off of it. Growing it and having it for personal use is legal. However, it is still illegal to sell. There should also be limits on how MUCH you can grow. Like, no more than two plants or so.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote