Salary Cap in Professional Sports - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 03-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
Nitefox
Chuunin

Nitefox is an unknown quantity at this point
Salary Cap in Professional Sports

How does everyone feel about the salary cap limit placed on the team's budget for players' contract salaries?

Personally, I'm all for the salary cap. I think it helps build a stronger will for players to compete in the league. With the possible reward of being given a higher share in the overall pool of possible expenditures, players should hopefully find it worth their time to practice harder and provide more support to their team in order to win.

One may argue, however, that a player's salary should reflect their physical and mental ability. In that sense, a player with an extremely high rating and sense of strength in the sport should be provided an extroardinarily large salary as well. Certain people may feel that the salary cap prevents a player from earning the amount of money that they actually deserve.

I think that the cap is a solid addition to keeping stability in the many leagues around the country.

What is everyone's position on this?

Nitefox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
Fuji_Kunimitsu
Genin

Fuji_Kunimitsu is an unknown quantity at this point
Ill have to agree with you. I think its ridiculous that sports players make millions of dollars, and sometimes upwards to a couple hundred million dollars just for playing a sport. We are talkin about in our own communities, ppl living in poverty w/out enough to eat (malnutrition). We have important fields such as medicine, teaching and other positions who are getting jacked (HMO, low teacher salaries and meh cant think right now) all that extra money can be used on more effective things that can help society.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
<DaNTe>
Evil genius.

<DaNTe> will become famous soon enough<DaNTe> will become famous soon enough<DaNTe> will become famous soon enough
You should see Chelsea FC. After that billionaire took over its ridicolous the amount of money their players get a week. Its ruining football. The premiership is now alot more boring since Chelsea are winning every single game and are at the top by miles ahead of everyone. Looks like they are going to win the premiership again for the second season.

I wonder how many players they will pull this summer.

AKA
DaRk_DaNTe

<DaNTe> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
GAma_Oyabun
Special Jounin

GAma_Oyabun is an unknown quantity at this point
wait. whats chelsea fc

FC's
owner of the Village Brawl fc ^^-----LIKE RPGS??? join Village BRAWL FC>..the original rpg fc

member of the Fruits Basket Fc
GAma_Oyabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:38 PM   #5
<DaNTe>
Evil genius.

<DaNTe> will become famous soon enough<DaNTe> will become famous soon enough<DaNTe> will become famous soon enough
Its a football club in the Premiership league (English).

AKA
DaRk_DaNTe

<DaNTe> is offline   Reply With Quote