COTW #1 Voting Thread - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Graphics Design > Contests

Contests This is where all the SOTW and COTW competitions will be held. Bring your A game or end up crying.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 02:13 AM   #1
Ero
//Sin\\

Ero has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura about
COTW #1 Voting Thread

Well its time... for the votes to begin, considering this is the first Competition of its kind on NL, there have been a moderate amount of entries.. but lets get to it then shall we?
NOTE: Pls if you are able. full view all of these colourings, as a sign of respect to the amount of time and hardwork these respective artists have put into it.
Here are the Entries

Last edited by Ero; 03-09-2006 at 02:35 AM.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:14 AM   #2
Ero
//Sin\\

Ero has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura about
Continuation

Votes must proceed in this manner :

1: (your first choice, and reason)
2: (second choice and reason)
3:... (third choice and reason)
(And so on, until you reach 6th)

eg.
1: number 2, because... "state your reason"
2: number 1, because "state your reason"

and so on until you reach 6th

Votes that are not set out in this matter, do NOT count

Score System:
1 = 6 points
2 = 5 " "
3 = 4 " "
4 = 3 " "
5 = 2 " "
6 = 1 " "

after around 20 votes the winner will be decided (if there are not enough votes, the winner, will be decided if there are no votes for 5 days after the voting starts)
for "rape" (meaning for a win before the recquired amount of posts)-1st place must have atleast a 15 point lead over 2nd place, to win.

This is probably common sense but... Participants do NOT vote.

Last edited by Ero; 03-21-2006 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts
w00t the day is here ^___________^

Co-Owner
Old 03-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #4
blazin yukasho
*Blazin' ANBU ninja*

blazin yukasho is an unknown quantity at this point
heheh i get to vote hahaha first vote

1 - number 1: because i like the shading of the hair and the shading all together, higlights are well placed and i like the shading in the red parts of the cape

2 - number 3: again the shading and higlights on this one are awesome, the only thing that throws me off is that the shading and that is a little rough, it needs to be smoothed a little more

3 - number 4: pretty good, nice shading and highlights but all the white thorws me off, maybe colour the sky or colours the other white parts a little more?

4 - number 6:not bad but the skin colour is really dark, if you was tryin to make it look like she was under alot of shade then its not so bad, some shading is wrongly placed

5 - number 5: not enough shading or highlights, seems very plain, good try

6 - number 2: there is barley any shading or highlights at all...but good try, all the other colours are good but it needs more shading or its too plain
Old 03-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #5
Rurouni-Jin
Hitokiri

Rurouni-Jin is an unknown quantity at this point
1st-#6- High amounts of detail well placed shading and highlighting in most areas overall goo job.

2nd-#2 - The shading was hell of good for the scenic background but for the char its self it seemed a bit lacking but Im pretty sure you wouldve had it if applied the high amounts of detail you put into the BG was on the char.

3rd-#1 - Everything was great except the amount of light you put into the piece. Just a bit too much for a dark theme.

4th- #3 - Overall great well placed shading and highlighting but not enough.

5th- #5 - Same as #3's, love the bright vivid color but a little detail wouldn't hurt.

6th- #4 - I see perfectly where you were going with this and it would've got first place in my opinion if it was COMPLETE. Overall Great Job.

Everyone did exceptionaly good and trust me the work done and the time u put into it will be well appreciated.

To use downloaded brushes is a sin. God shall smite thee and impose the will of the graphic artists.
Apocalypse: 66:61
"Make Way For The Bad Guy" -Scarface
Sigs Made By Me - Rurouni-Jin A.K.A Saiya-Jin

Last edited by Rurouni-Jin; 03-10-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
sweet^^

1-#3-Everything looks great....one prob...the bg color...u should also blend the clouds more so they have a soft look^^

2-#6-highly detailed hair is a plus but everything else isn't and the hair that is above his head should be shaded towards where it was tied...

3-#2-I love the bg colors^^, but the coloring on diedara isn't as great...

4-#1-the hair doesn't look right, too strainy?O.o...everything else seems fine^^

5-#4-I like it but the shadings should be darker so there's more contrast...and completing the entire page would have been a plus^^

6-#5-colors are way too bright and the red bg hurts it dearly:/

OVERALL-they all have their plus and negatives, but the good things outweigh the bad on all of them so great job everyone!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #7
ganondorfs kid
Genin

ganondorfs kid is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet^^

1- 1st is the best nice colours and the red sky looks sweet

2- 3rd one looks really good VERY close second

3- 6th quite nice good work

4- 5th i like it nice...

5- 2nd...close to 4th place centimetres away

6- 4th you left the sky

WHO NEEDS A PERSONALITY WHEN YOU HAVE LETTERS THIS BIG
Old 03-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #8
beautiful-green-beast
Shiddy-Chicken

beautiful-green-beast is an unknown quantity at this point
ganondorfs kid, your vote isn't going to count, "5th, I like it" isn't an explanation, nor is "2nd...close to 4th, centimeters away" Next time, take a look at how other people vote, or don't vote at all.....

Definately....

1- 3rd one, amazing work, in all honesty. I love the shading and lighting of the skin, the hair has great detail, and the clothes are just as amazing, not to mention the background has a nice subtle color to it.

2- 6th one, again, amazing work, the only thing that messed it up for me, was that the hair, which has the most detail of any, is perfect, except that you should have made it curve, so it looks as though it is tied. The skin looks so realistic that I feel as though I can reach out and touch it...

3- 5th one, The skin is very nice, it has a smooth round look to it, the hair could use alot more detail, but I like the shadowing on the rest of the body, but as a suggestion, don't use red for a bg next time.....

4- 1st one, This coloring had alot more potential, the skin and clothes are so-so. The one thing that stands out, is the top part of the hair, that is very nice, but the bottom, is horrible. You didn't smudge nor even blurred the lines in his hair. The bg is way too dark, and the red hurts the eyes. Not to be rude, but the whole coloring looks dark, dingy and dirty.

5th- In all honesty, the only thing saving you from last place was the very nice work you did on the bg, and the rocks around him. But there is almost no shading of the hair, nor of the skin, and the clothes are so stiff looking, they seemed as though they had been rolled in starch....

6th- Too bad, if you hadn't left the bg, yours would be so much better. The skin has a nice shadowing and lighting, but it has a posterish look to it. The hair is somewhat good, and so are the clothes. But I seriously dislike the color you used for the rock's shadowing, it's nearly black, and seems as though something exploded there. On a side note, I do not like that color of eye, it doesn't suit the picture.....

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us'.
And I'll whisper...no."

-Rorschach
Old 03-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #9
Ero
//Sin\\

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganondorfs kid
sweet^^

1- 1st is the best nice colours and the red sky looks sweet

2- 3rd one looks really good VERY close second

3- 6th quite nice good work

4- 5th i like it nice...

5- 2nd...close to 4th place centimetres away

6- 4th you left the sky
what BGB said, those aren't reasons, those are comments.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:27 AM   #10
ichinii30
The Existing

ichinii30 is an unknown quantity at this point
1 no. 3
the best one, since there are at least some shading overall, and blends in nicely

2 no. 6
while it doesn't have as much as a nice flow as the no3 one, it's got a src of lighting and shading

3 no.5
practically minimal shading, yet it's better than the others because of it's cleaness

4 no. 1
it's ok, has shading, yet the hair looks like it was done carelessly, making it look really weird

5 no.2
minimal shading, not no3 because the cloak was inverted or something

6 no.4
like it the least, because the shading is inconsistent, ie hands. Also the smudge shading just doesn't appeal
Old 03-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #11
rhole
Genin

rhole is an unknown quantity at this point
1. No.3 -
Very detailed. Nice tones on the skin and the scenary. Clouds are well blended in and make the bg affective. Need the highlights to be alot more visable though. Nice work

2. No.6 -
Just as detailed as No.3. It would have been almost perfect if that shading near the cheek and nose wasnt added. Or you could just remove that curved part going towards the nose, then it would be good enough. Good job.

3. No.2 -Nice bg, kinda like lightning coming out the sky. Nice shading as well, could be alot better.

4. No.5 -
Simple, yet affective. I like the colors you chose, however your shading is quite plain. Need to add more tones and make it look 10x better. Gj

5. No. 1
The parts I like the most on this is inside the cloak (near arm) and the background. The bg reflects off light quite nicely and the cloak *if added more tones* would look almost realistic. The coloring and shading is off on the coloring. Makes it look like it came from a popup book (no offense). Also looks like alot more potential and effort is weilded within this colorer. Hair is quite nice, but if you blended it in, it would look alot more better.

6. No. 4 -
The coloring is brillaint, but you have disappointed me however with the fact that theres alot of white on the coloring. As if it was an old, destoryed photo, or you didnt bother coloring freehandly. I see potential in you too, but laziness wont make you achieve that potential. Shading is nice, suits the skin color, and you need quite abit of blending. Gj too

Quote:
Tofu: "screw dubbing, its dattebayo you want. Its like having sex with them on a thursday night. Viz = not getting laid. EVER!"

I'm bound to wreck your body and say turn the party out

Last edited by rhole; 03-11-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #12
Akatsuki Shinobi
Guy with a bag of Oranges

Akatsuki Shinobi is on a distinguished road
1. no 6 : its got a great detail of work done into it, and it shows imensly.

2. no 3 : another exellent show of detail, great lighting on the skin, and the shading is also good

3. no 5 : like inichii said, it has a certain, cleanliness to it.

4. no 2 : mainly because of the sky effect

5. no 1 : a good show of lining at the inner arm section, inside the sleeves

6. no 4 : its not all that it could be...

my creations
AMV's
Uchiha rage 2.0
here
Fuuma revival amv
here
Grudge for my former sensei
here
Kimimaro's last dance
here
Temari Shinobi of the Wind
here
A hyuga's destiny
here
Black cat amv
Chronos's assault team Kerberos
here
Creed's power
here

proud member of The Geijutsuka Crew (TGC)
Old 03-11-2006, 02:56 PM   #13
inosaka
Hunter-Nin

inosaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhole
1. No.3 -
Very detailed. Nice tones on the skin and the scenary. Clouds are well blended in and make the bg affective. Need the highlights to be alot more visable though. Nice work

2. No.6 -
Just as detailed as No.3. It would have been almost perfect if that shading near the cheek and nose wasnt added. Or you could just remove that curved part going towards the nose, then it would be good enough. Good job.

4. No.5 -
Simple, yet affective. I like the colors you chose, however your shading is quite plain. Need to add more tones and make it look 10x better. Gj

5. No. 1
The parts I like the most on this is inside the cloak (near arm) and the background. The bg reflects off light quite nicely and the cloak *if added more tones* would look almost realistic. The coloring and shading is off on the coloring. Makes it look like it came from a popup book (no offense). Also looks like alot more potential and effort is weilded within this colorer. Hair is quite nice, but if you blended it in, it would look alot more better.

6. No. 4 -
The coloring is brillaint, but you have disappointed me however with the fact that theres alot of white on the coloring. As if it was an old, destoryed photo, or you didnt bother coloring freehandly. I see potential in you too, but laziness wont make you achieve that potential. Shading is nice, suits the skin color, and you need quite abit of blending. Gj too
u went 1.
but noo 3.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #14
rhole
Genin

rhole is an unknown quantity at this point
ROFL...my bad. i cant count o.o

No. 5 will be 4th so..

3 No.2 -Nice bg, kinda like lightning coming out the sky. Nice shading as well, could be alot better.

Quote:
Tofu: "screw dubbing, its dattebayo you want. Its like having sex with them on a thursday night. Viz = not getting laid. EVER!"

I'm bound to wreck your body and say turn the party out
Old 03-15-2006, 09:06 AM   #15
Akatsuki Shinobi
Guy with a bag of Oranges

Akatsuki Shinobi is on a distinguished road
i'm goign to post here to make this visible to the people in "new post" and also in "naruto lounge" main page even if it's only for a bit, it's pretty clear we need a few more votes.

my creations
AMV's
Uchiha rage 2.0
here
Fuuma revival amv
here
Grudge for my former sensei
here
Kimimaro's last dance
here
Temari Shinobi of the Wind
here
A hyuga's destiny
here
Black cat amv
Chronos's assault team Kerberos
here
Creed's power
here

proud member of The Geijutsuka Crew (TGC)
Closed Thread