Gay Marriage and Adoption - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 01-21-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Gay Marriage and Adoption

Well I'm new here, so I might as well start off with some controversy... This forum could use some action too, seeing as how bad the other debates appear to be.

So as most of, if not all of you, may know... Gay marriage was legalized in Massachusetts a while ago. Homosexuals now have all the 1000+ legal rights that were denied to them before, even through civil unions. Most conservatives will probably say that this is an abomination against either God, what marriage means, or just all around doesn't make sense. The more liberal people here will see no problem with this and will argue to a point of hysteria that it is just equal rights similar to the black civil rights movement. ...And I hope we don't have any of the third kind of people, the ones that are merely homophobic.

So what say y'all? I'll provide facts and websites and etc. as we go along and show off my knowledge of the subject and my opinion as it starts.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

Kagami Kyoji is an unknown quantity at this point
Well although I am not homophobic O don't really care too much as to whether or not gays get married but I am not fond of it either. Marriage is a sacred bond between man and wife. Gays are just trying to get equal rights yata, yata, yata. What's next necrofeliacs...etc we simply cannot accomodate these changes. Gay people being together is fine but to get the same benefits from being married is awkward. It is made for married couples who will procreate and fill the world with more little bastards that run around and make noise.

wasn't marriage a sacred bond of the church to begin with anyways?

Meh...I hate kids.

"To remove liberty from will is to remove morality from one's acts"

Kagami Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:20 PM   #3
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami Kyoji
wasn't marriage a sacred bond of the church to begin with anyways?
Meh...I hate kids.
That might have been true, but now a days you goto your local court house/city hall and apply for a marriage license, when you get it then your married, curches dont marry you, the state does. All church weddings are are for tradition.

Homosexuals being allowed to marry doesnt bother me, im not gonna argue either way, but i couldnt careless if they were allowed to, its not hurting me.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:55 PM   #4
Lily229
Jounin

Lily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura about
I think that anyone should be alound to marry whoever they want. We have come along way. African Americans gaining their freedom from slavery, women being able to vote and soon in the near future I believe that every human will be able to marry whomever they. I think that the economy is treating gays like parents treat kids. They tell them what they can and can not do. I can't stand it when I'm bond up and unable to follow my own path just like them. No one likes to be told what they can and cannot do. Think about this, what if someone said you couldn't marry the one person who you love and makes you happy? I bet you wouldn't like it.

As for abortion. I think it's both good and bad. It's good because there is enough unwanted children in this world as it is. But it's more bad than good. I think that the only good reason to have an abortion is when your raped and it was never your choice to have it or when it's going to suffer and die anyway and stop its pain. It's bad because the child has no say in whether or not he wants to live. There are women out there who'd do anything to have a child to call their own and then there are women who practically live at an abortion center. It's really sad. I just remembered this one story I was told back in 5th grade health class (Yeah it really stuck to me.)
This woman got pregnent but didn't want it at the time so she went and had an abortion. The doctor messed up and made it so she could never have children again. A few years later, she was married and wanted a child. Never again could she have children and she sobbed and wished so despretly to turn back time and stop herself from killing her first and only baby. (It was told better but that's the basic idea)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja
*sighs* Horny nee-san. -_-
Horny, pervy nee-san. -_-
*sighs* Oh wow nee-san. -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sakura*
lily- =___='''''''''''''''''''''
*points* from my Nii-chan to me ^^ and don't forget *Sakura*

I'm in college now ^^
Lily229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:02 PM   #5
HYUGAA Gambit
Genin

HYUGAA Gambit is an unknown quantity at this point
IT can't be allowed because then the kids will be homo and then the kids might become gender confused and create a baqtch of homicidal humans.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:42 PM   #6
AztecSasuke
Genin

AztecSasuke is an unknown quantity at this point
i usually like to stick to my religion and i will do so right now. i think that gay marriage is just wrong. god made us so that guys and girls do their thing. not guys and guys or girls and girls. that is just wrong. now african americans and women getting rights is totally good. i actually completely approve of it and completely encourage it. but homosexual marriage is definately wrong. and i also disapprove of them adopting children. god made us in this way for a reason.

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

Nothing in this life is hard. There are only things that take more time. The only true hard thing in life is to survive.
AztecSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:49 PM   #7
Lily229
Jounin

Lily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura about
You all keep saying that God doesn't think this is right. Well, the way I see it. If God didn't want gays he shouldn't have made them in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja
*sighs* Horny nee-san. -_-
Horny, pervy nee-san. -_-
*sighs* Oh wow nee-san. -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sakura*
lily- =___='''''''''''''''''''''
*points* from my Nii-chan to me ^^ and don't forget *Sakura*

I'm in college now ^^
Lily229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:25 PM   #8
skaffa
Genin

skaffa is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in the Netherlands and here homosexuals can get married. I'll tell you my view out of different perspectives...

1. Bible/Koran/whatever: First. Every humanbeing is a child of god made in his resemblance... Second. You should not judge anyone, the only judge is god.

2. Humanists/rationalists: Everyone is equal to one and other, there for everyone can and may love and marry the person he/she loves.

Now for every point you can think of some reson to say "Nahw that bullshit cous' ..." Ok i'll sum up these reasons and put them aside.

1. 1 Marrage is between oposite sexes. 2 Making babies or 3 the bible/koran/whatever sayz so
-1 Why? sayz who? your belive? --> See point3 Or is marrage just saying to the person you love: "I want to spent the rest of my life with you"?
-2 Making babies... Uch Get real there 6 billion people on this planet.. does it really matter?
-3 The bilble/koran sayz allot of things: Like you will get stoned to death if you plant 2 different crops on your field. Not everything you read is true... Yes even for the bible/Koran/whatever

2. -No argument possible.

Besides these arguments there are still some left. Here they are:

-If "they" would adopt kids those kids would turn out gay aswell.
-It's just not natural...

-If those kids would turnout gay... See the points above. And even so is there any proof that homosexual parents have gay children? Mmm Weird cous' than you would say every parent that has a homosexual kid is gay in some way....

-What is natural? Humans have neverever been "natural". I can say this because we're concious of oureselfs and therefore can act in anyway we want.

And just for your mind something to niblle on: Divorcing is that allowed according to the bible/Koran/Whatever?, Wassent every relegion on this planet based on the love for your neighbour?, Is George Bush Gay?

........................................ ..................I BET HE IS...................................... .............................

PEACE

P.s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily229
As for abortion. I think it's both good and bad.
Doessnt matter Lily... You can't help it.. "It Was the purple/neon glowing bunnies i tell you, the Bunnieeeees!!! " Ghe Ghe Ghe But yeah your right at some points...not everything i agree on, Anywayz that's a different subject Ghe Ghe Ghe

Last edited by skaffa; 01-21-2005 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Added the "Ps"
skaffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:38 PM   #9
[Daisuke]
Eeeek!

[Daisuke] is an unknown quantity at this point
I have no problem with homosexuals. My best friend in fact is a lesbian. Whoo. But with them getting married? Its a sign of affection. I consider marriage no longer to be holy matromony, but, as has been said, a bond of affection. Whether they commit fully to that bond or not is up to them. Their children, surrogate or adopted, will be living in an environment not as common as the usual household. But I think that if the parents do a good job raising the child, and do not force the child to have homosexual relations unless it wants to, then there is no problem with it. MArriage was originally Christan, I believe, I don't know much about religion and I plead ignorance at that, but as customs from all over the world get adopted into different societies, I think that it does so from religions aswell. Marriage should be available to all who wish for it. Whether or not they can procreate as a this bond prcures, is another matter.

Abortion... I don't really know about this that well... I have an ex girlfriend who was raped, not by me, but by an extremely violent person who was dispicable. She got an abortion, and it was a horrid experiance for her. She almost took her own life because of it, because she felt that she took the life of the child. If you make a mistake, you should live with the consequences. i.e. if you have sex willingly without protection, and fall pregnant, then its your burden, and you shoudl carry it. If you were raped, and impregnated in that manner, then the bastard should be hunted down. And the choice for abortion be yours. Very simplistic views on it, but men who can't control their penises don't deserve to have one in my opinion. If you can't live with the child. Don't risk it in the first place. In the case of having protected sex, i.e. with a condom and it splits, and you end up with a child. Use two.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:35 PM   #10
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute
Using two condoms at once is just as bad as not using any. I'd go into detail of why but this isnt the "Why are two condoms just as bad as one" thread, and this isnt the spam zone, so just pm me if you want the answer Daisuke.

About abortion, I think its totally upto the mother and father to make that decision, unless the mother was raped, then her decision alone. Now once your so far into the pregnacy, im not exactly sure of how long, but if your like 3+ months into it I think abortion should be illegal, have the kid and put him up for adoption if you still dont want him, but before the time the baby develops into a fetus then abortion should be allowed. Again im not sure about the times of pregnacy, but there is a time during it where the baby is considered another human life.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:48 PM   #11
[Daisuke]
Eeeek!

[Daisuke] is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, that is a very good point I neglected to mention. and abortion at 8 months is... ludicrous. When the baby is undeveloped, then its acceptable in my terms, if the baby was concieved through misconduct. I agree with your views on that, Shino.

When I said to use two condoms, I wasn't so much implying to actually use two, but more of a synonym for being extra carfeul, I guess that kind of thing doesnt carry well on the internet. I can guess that using two condoms would cause undue friction between them and such that they would more than likely split and rip against each other.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:40 PM   #12
Chronos
Genin

Chronos is an unknown quantity at this point
my view on gay marriage:

doesnt matter to me. if they want to get married then let them. i mean seriously. alot of heterosexuals dont even take their vows seriously. so i say screw it. let gays get married. they're people too.
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:43 AM   #13
brent_d
Genin

brent_d is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecSasuke
i usually like to stick to my religion and i will do so right now. i think that gay marriage is just wrong. god made us so that guys and girls do their thing. not guys and guys or girls and girls. that is just wrong. now african americans and women getting rights is totally good. i actually completely approve of it and completely encourage it. but homosexual marriage is definately wrong. and i also disapprove of them adopting children. god made us in this way for a reason.
I agree with him,the idea is just wrong,its even an evil thing to do if you consult the Holy Bible. Women are for Men and Men are for Women,and not men for men and women for women. Im not against homos or lesbian, they just have to accept the fact that it is not moral and live a single life instead. After all, our priority should not be in this life but towards the next life...what is 50 - 70 years of living single compared to eternity in hell...
But in the point of adopting children,i believe they are entitled to that, provided they raise them as good people or better off, as believers of God.
brent_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:58 AM   #14
OnA Virus
Missing-Nin

OnA Virus is an unknown quantity at this point
This topic is fuckin stupid, I mean seriously, why shouldn't homosexuals be allowed to get married? I'm not gay, but I really cannot see the big deal in any of it. All of the conservative arguements go back to the same point "one man, one woman" because that's what the Bible says. Too bad the Bible is horseshit huh? The Bible says that there were talking snakes and goats and a human male created from dust and so on.... The Bible is just a long ass fairy tale to teach people kindness and all that other good stuff. And the old conservative "The US is a catholic nation..." uhhh, no. Well actually it could be, maybe that's why our country is failing at an alarming rate...

Did the Bible ever say anything about the Catholic priests not forcing homosexual acts on young boys in the churches?
OnA Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:18 AM   #15
H_I
Jounin

H_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure EvilH_I Pure Evil
You know whats really funny. The same men who say I cant stand Homosexuals,Are the same men the JO for 2 women being together.Hipocrites or Afraid? The once sacred thing called marrige is out the window. People get married and divorced in the same day for cryin out loud. Should a man marry another man, should a woman marry another woman. Sure why Not. They are human beings just like the rest of us. We all eat, shit, bleed the same way, Why not? If a man falls in love with another man, thats his buisness. Same goes for a woman.That fact that Gay marriage is even a issue, is because of those Religios right groups.
H_I is offline   Reply With Quote