Top 10 Manga in 2011 by Series - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 12-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Top 10 Manga in 2011 by Series

Quote:
Top 10 Manga in 2011 by Series – One Piece, Naruto Lead the Pack
Posted by Dawn Bryant Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 2:52 PM
Categories: Bleach, Fairy Tail, Information, Naruto, One Piece
Tags:

Japanese analytics company Oricon recently released the top 10 most popular manga series in Japan for the year 2011. Well, they actually have released the top 50, but all of our favorite manga here at Saiyan Island are in the top 10! Anyways, overwhelmingly at #1 is One Piece which sold a HUGE 37,996,373 copies between November 22, 2010 and November 20, 2011 – the time period which Oricon is constituting as 2011. At number 2 is our main love featuring the number one hyperactive knucklehead ninja Naruto followed by Fairy Tail at 4 and Bleach at number 8.

01 – One Piece: 37,996,373 copies.
02 – Naruto: 6,874,840 copies.
03 – Blue Exorcist: 5,223,712 copies.
04 – Fairy Tail: 4,701,596 copies.
05 – Toriko: 4,665,634 copies.
06 – Gintama: 4,415,491 copies.
07 – Bakuman: 4.,399,938 copies.
08 – Bleach: 4,187,258 copies.
09 – Kimi ni Todoke: 4,109,481 copies.
10 – Gantz: 4,056,981 copies.

Thanks to MD Punk for the news!
Source

Top 50

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-02-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-02-2011), NeoKakarott023 (12-02-2011), Numinous (12-02-2011), platinumrug (12-03-2011), Spiegel (12-02-2011)

Old 12-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Top 10 Manga in 2011 by Series

For comparison here's the top 10 best sellers for 2010.

Not that really surprising that One Piece is dominating the sales since it did so last year, but HOLY SHIT at the lead it has over everyone else. It's sale actually went up more than 5 million over last year. Jesus Fuck.

Also interesting is the sales for Naruto which dropped half a million, and Bleach which nosedived by over million less. Clearly these 2 series are on the way out, when the crazy fucking Japanese start giving up on it. This clearly shows that some of us here, were wayyyyy ahead of the curve on this one.......rage fanboys rage.

Predictions: Mangas to look out for are Hunter X Hunter and Beelzebub, which I predict will both break into the top 10 next year. The big loser next year, aside from Naruto and Bleach (which will always have a dedicated fanboy base) is Gantz, which after 100+ chapters of mindless dribble, shouldn't be anywhere near as popular as it now. There doesn't seem to be any change in story line coming in the near future, so I look for it to drop from the Top 10.

Last edited by ask me anything; 12-02-2011 at 05:49 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Spiegel (12-02-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm really happy for One Piece, the only thing i hope is that the popularity of OP won't drop the sales of other manga too much but based on the rankings that's still not the case.
The other manga in the top 10 are still doing decent.

Edit: FT in 4th ? Japan, you disappoint me lol

Last edited by uzumakinagato; 12-02-2011 at 05:49 PM.
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Fairy Tail is lucky be 4th placed. It's a pretty overrated manga. As far as I'm concerned Toriko should be ahead of it, and Naruto too for that matter.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

No talk on how Ao No Exorcist(Blue Exorcist) actually made it into the top 3 as a MONTHLY RELEASE? Based on that it's actually more popular than even Naruto in Japan. According to this the top 2 most popular manga in Japan are One Piece & Blue Exorcist. There isn't to much of a difference in sales when comparing everything else.

PS: Toriko is "OK" but shouldn't be on that list.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-02-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
jts105 (12-02-2011), Spiegel (12-03-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
One Piece > Naruto, and I'm only up to Season 2. Better setup, moar time for even characters that are seemingly nobodies.

Bleach, I think people keep up on simply for battles, specifically Ichigo and his changes, Kenpachi, and fans have sat on the edge of they're seats since forever to hear 60% of the Capts. simply say one word we've never heard from them... Bankai. Aizen wasn't the best villan, but once he was indisposed, it actually showed, and exposed how little development most characters had since the beginning of the manga, while the Subtitute had surpassed everybody, and didn't know, or acknowledge it.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

I laugh at the Narutards in the source site bitching at the fact OP is factoring almost as much as the other top 10 combined by saying Naruto deserved it better. They can't possibly be reading the same OP and Naruto I am reading.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-02-2011), platinumrug (12-03-2011), Spiegel (12-02-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
jts105
Eight-Tailed Jinchūriki

jts105 is on a distinguished road

AnE is quite great. I love pretty much everything about it. It's a balanced, enjoyable manga that likes to stick to its in-universe rules (unlike a certain manga featuring a ninja in an orange jumpsuit), but isn't afraid to throw surprises our way. It definitely earned it's spot in the top 3. I also would venture to say that Naruto has begun to deserve its popularity again. And of course, OP is OP. incredible. Still the sales were shocking, in my opinion! Those are some high sales compared to all the others!

A total Killabeetard and PROUD OF IT! OH YEAH!
The awesome quotes of Killabee!
"I'm the only one who gets to interrupt me!"
"I've got energy to spare and sparkling charm. The eight tailed beast's a killerbee rockin the melody! OH YEAH!"
"I was right in the middle of an announcement, you stupid idiot!"
"I float... like a butterfly. And sting like a bee! 'Cause I'm the Eight-Tailed Beast!"
jts105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,766 Times in 926 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

It's been a while since I've kept up with Gantz but what's going on with the story where Bakuman has taken the lead over it? I'm a big Bakuman fan as the next but we are talking about Gantz here.

And HOLY FUCK BALLS on the OP sales. Though it doesn't surprise me at how well OP is doing. Oda knows what works and doesn't fuck with the formula for success. Yeah not every arc is ZOMGEPICSAUCE but it has a pretty consistent flow. It's a matter on know how to use your characters properly in your story and not cater to one because he's your favorite. Kishi/Kubo take notes and come out with a better manga next time.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #10
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
It's been a while since I've kept up with Gantz but what's going on with the story where Bakuman has taken the lead over it? I'm a big Bakuman fan as the next but we are talking about Gantz here.
Gantz has gotten pretty bad. Almost as bad as Bleach. Only thing still good about it, is the artwork.

Gantz spoilers
The last 50 chapters has been nothing but Kei Kurono and a bunch of other former Gantz players (The game itself came to an end, yet they still kept all the suits and gear) running around an alien ship under the assumption that they're trying to save innocent people. What most don't know is that Kei convinced these guys to go on this suicide mission with him, because he's really looking for his girlfriend, and needed the help.

For the most part his girlfriend (Tae) has been playing the damsel in distress. Imagine Inoue from Bleach with her KUROSAKI-KUN, KUROSAKI-KUN, KUROSAKI-KUN, KUROSAKI-KUN, yet somehow much MUCH more annoying.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Spiegel (12-03-2011), stubborn_d0nkey (12-03-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #11
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,595 Times in 4,838 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Yeah yeah One Piece is great. Blah blah blah nothing new to discuss.

Anyone actually read Blue Exorcist? First I've really heard of it.

I've given up on Gantz and considering I still spend time drifting through Bleach and Naruto chapters, that says a lot. It was always a little weird but at least it had a "what the fuck is going on" angle. Now that we know what the fuck is going on... it just isn't as fun nor interesting. Also, lead dude was banging big titted women and now he's off trying to save a loli. Can't really find interest in that.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-02-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #12
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Yeah yeah One Piece is great. Blah blah blah nothing new to discuss.

Anyone actually read Blue Exorcist? First I've really heard of it.

I've given up on Gantz and considering I still spend time drifting through Bleach and Naruto chapters, that says a lot. It was always a little weird but at least it had a "what the fuck is going on" angle. Now that we know what the fuck is going on... it just isn't as fun nor interesting. Also, lead dude was banging big titted women and now he's off trying to save a loli. Can't really find interest in that.
Soul Eater is a pretty good read.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:44 AM   #13
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,766 Times in 926 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Almost as bad as Bleach.
That's all I need to know. lol

Gonna go give Blue Exorcist a whirl. Only series I read with exorcists in them is D.Gray-Man, which kicks ass, but its only a monthly series and sometimes they are late so I need something else to fill that slot. Probably gonna start reading the Soul Eater manga as well.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #14
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,595 Times in 4,838 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
Soul Eater is a pretty good read.
26 chapters into that one. Enjoying it. Good enough sense of humour without resorting to the blatant over expression. Probably because it has a female lead.

Also looking to start Hunter X Hunter, D.Gray Man and Freezing (mainly because there's only a few chapters in that one) and probably should go back to Claymore since I sat down and read volume 1 and then never continued. Oh, and Blame. If I don't finish Blame, LN is going to be cross.

Once I begin all this I'll probably make a few new posts in the Manga Expansion thread.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #15
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder how Berserk would do if it was more consistent in bringing out ch. ?
If it was weekly, it would obviously be more popular but doing a ch. of Berserk in a week seems insane well if the art stays at the same level. But the public that Berserk attracts is not as wide as OP, well actually lately in the manga of Berserk it's pretty mainstream but we know this can change quick.
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote