I need advice.... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:55 AM   #1
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
I need advice....

I need advice on a certain situation.

Kawaii-Kon 2006 is coming up this Easter weekend, and I bought 2 tickets for myself and my best friend Ricola (for privacy purposes, that's her name). We both LOVE anime..... yeah.
But recently, Ricola's mom told her that she can't go out, because her mom thought that Ricola lied. She didn't, but it's a mother's word. Can't really go against it.

Now, I don't know if she can go, and neither does Ricola. She's sucking up to her mom and begging her and all that stuff, but it's still a "Maybe." or a "We'll see"
Well, "we'll see" isn't exactly something that can wait. I kinda need to know soon, because the tickets are registered to our names.

What should I do?
I want Ricola to come, but if she can't come, should I give her ticket away?
But I don't want to hurt her feelings by giving the ticket away.... TT_TT
What should i DO.......?

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi

Last edited by YoshiToshi; 04-04-2006 at 03:06 AM.
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2006, 02:02 AM   #2
Kiba_is_mine
Chuunin

Kiba_is_mine will become famous soon enoughKiba_is_mine will become famous soon enough
hmmm...maybe both you and your friend could sit down and discuss the situation with her mother. Instead of begging, probably reason with her. That what I think you could do. Someone else may have a better idea than me.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:08 AM   #3
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all
If you give the ticket away, the friend will understand but she couldnt help but to feel "replaceable" on the inside. It is human nature no matter how nice and unselfish one is.

You must do what you feel is right, but IMO don't give the ticket out to someone else. If anything, that'll make her appreciate you more and feel that your friendship is more that that convention.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:19 AM   #4
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
I can't really see any way forward unless you tell this dilemma to your friend. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:26 AM   #5
idono
Hunter-Nin

idono is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah especially if thee ticket is already bought and the money is used already
but yeah you should talk to her mom. Explain the situaton to your mom to talk to her mom.

~Bad Guys FC member~
idono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:22 AM   #6
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
hmm...tough call...this is what i would do if i were you....the three of us talk about it and try to compromise...then if it's a no, then i don't go either even though I know I'd probably be a bit pissed, but atleast she'll know that I'm a true friend...so either sell the tickets or give them to some other people that want to go...but again this is just me....^^;
Old 04-04-2006, 02:31 PM   #7
itachi_11
Chuunin

itachi_11 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would still go, This has happened to me before with a concert. Tell her though if she can't go that you will give her ticket away, but tell the person that they will only get to go if she can't. I once said that I wasn't going to a concert becuase my friend couldn't go and she got pissed at me because she felt that she had ruined my plans by being unable to go with me. basically your friend would feel responsible and may feel bad if you dont go. Talk it over with her

itachi_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #8
haka
crazy back stabber!!

haka is an unknown quantity at this point
I say don't beg PROVE that the lie is not real don't be harsh and yell but you have to show that this is important to you and your friend. I kinda like kiba_is_mine's idea.

Which FF Character Are You?

Proud owner of:
The Bisexual Fc

Proud Co-owner of:
The sand shinobis FC
The Gorillaz Fc

Proud member of:
Hyuuga Neji FC
Pro Gamers FC
Legend of zelda FC
Final Fantasy Fc
haka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #9
Nuerhachi Niru

i've been in the same situation before but instead of it being my friend's mom it was his older brother, it turns out he just wanted to go to da concert as well...
anyway, i think kiba_is_mine had a good idea, & if it doesn't work then working ur ass off for ur mom is good too...i guess
Old 04-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #10
LightDreamer
Jounin

LightDreamer is on a distinguished road
Tell her mom you paid with it with your own damn money, and it's registered under her name. Except say it politely o_o Well that'd work for my mom, my mom will feel bad if she realizes she's wasting someone else's money. Or talk to her mom about the issue o.o have a sit down er w/e

--
If you gave me the letters hrt you could give me [ea] to get h[ea]rt or [u] to get h[u]rt, but I'd rather have hurt than a heart without [u]
- GOD I love that. You could give me a hundred thousand million years and I wouldn't have thought of that.

--
All this time I've spent trying to change into someone you would love, I didn't notice you changed into someone I can't love anymore. Goodbye My King .

---

The adulation of strangers.
LightDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #11
Pride
Change is coming

Pride will become famous soon enoughPride will become famous soon enough
Pride
116 pact ln
haughton, LA 71037

send it to me and i'll take care of yoru problem ^^

but nah, um dude just fuckin tell ehr to take ocntrol of teh situation, whats her mom gonna do ground her at most? man you kids need to fuckin step up to your parents.

[1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2]
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:50 AM   #12
taelmx
WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!

taelmx is an unknown quantity at this point
scan the ticket at kinko's.jk

You could think of someone else in case she can't come, but tell her your in a tough situation.....but if she keeps begging her mom well enough.......

You need to take a guess if she's going to be able to make it or not....
Old 04-05-2006, 01:20 AM   #13
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride
but nah, um dude just fuckin tell ehr to take ocntrol of teh situation, whats her mom gonna do ground her at most? man you kids need to fuckin step up to your parents.
Actually, she's already grounded.
I'm not allowed to drive because of my epilepsy, and who's gonna take her?
It's not like she can sneak out and walk a 2-hour drive to the hotel.
And I've stepped up to my mom before. She threw away all my manga and broke my precious computer. She kicked it. O_o;; Then she said I was grounded, and didn't give me dinner.
And her mom is even scarier than mines. TT__TT

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Although I've already talked it over with her time and time again, I guess it's all up to her mom, ne?

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:38 AM   #14
taelmx
WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!

taelmx is an unknown quantity at this point
well, my parents in ginza were like that, but not overprotective, just strict. Now my parents are stupid......and we are broke because my dad gambles my allowance.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #15
Satoku
One Pump Chump

Satoku is on a distinguished roadSatoku is on a distinguished road
I hate it when parents say maybe or well see, cuz that just means: no
Satoku is offline   Reply With Quote