WMM Trouble... - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Computers

Computers Need help with a problem, or just want to talk about computers? Then this is the place to do that.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:16 AM   #1
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
WMM Trouble...

I have crappy probs with my Windows Movie Maker.

I'm making an AMV.... right?
Putting in the clips, blah. And then, all of a sudden; it closes. O_O;;;
Open it back up, and so I save after inputting every clip. Eventually closes again by itself.
Open it back up, and press the zoom button. Closes. >.<

I'm doing a virus scan now.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2006, 06:42 AM   #2
goku100
I own j00!

goku100 will become famous soon enoughgoku100 will become famous soon enough
Download the movie maker update, that might help but its happened to me also.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:55 AM   #3
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
Okay, it only closes by itself when i open up the project i saved. and where do DL a movie maker update?

Old 04-16-2006, 07:03 AM   #4
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Happened to me as well. For some reason, it did this when handling anime clips. When I made AMVs with, say, Kingdom Hearts footage, it's fine. Odd really. Just keep saving, it's slow and painful, but whatever.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #5
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil
it aint your pc thats the problem i think. using it on a new harddrive and it still does the same bloody thing, even when you have the newest WMM. thats windows fer ya lol
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
Akatsuki Shinobi
Guy with a bag of Oranges

Akatsuki Shinobi is on a distinguished road
hm? maybe you just gave it to much to handle, so it just stopped, it happens, and jaxon, i dont think movie maker can tell the difference between real life clips, and anime, and games, its all pixels to it, it must had been a problem with the clips themselves, not the fact that it was anime..

my creations
AMV's
Uchiha rage 2.0
here
Fuuma revival amv
here
Grudge for my former sensei
here
Kimimaro's last dance
here
Temari Shinobi of the Wind
here
A hyuga's destiny
here
Black cat amv
Chronos's assault team Kerberos
here
Creed's power
here

proud member of The Geijutsuka Crew (TGC)
Akatsuki Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #7
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Well, yeah, I thought that AS. But that's what happened o_O;
It doesn't "make" the clips, it separates the original file, so to speak. That's why if you move a video file, you get loads of crosses on the collections board. So it might have difficulty with some files, like subbed anime? I dunno.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #8
beautiful-green-beast
Shiddy-Chicken

beautiful-green-beast is an unknown quantity at this point
That happens to me, except that mines doesn't close it just freezes.

I suggest:

Right-click your desktop> Properties> Settings> And lower both the screen resolution, and your color quality to the minimum. This lowers the amount of power needed to play/open/edit a clip in WMM.

"The world will look up and shout 'Save us'.
And I'll whisper...no."

-Rorschach
beautiful-green-beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #9
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful-green-beast
That happens to me, except that mines doesn't close it just freezes.

I suggest:

Right-click your desktop> Properties> Settings> And lower both the screen resolution, and your color quality to the minimum. This lowers the amount of power needed to play/open/edit a clip in WMM.
BGB, that's such a great idea, I'm gonna do it xP
I do that for Counter-Strike all the time.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:33 AM   #10
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

@BGB: That sounded like a GREAT idea. And it probably would've worked. But it didn't.
I guess it's just the programing.
@Jaxon: Yea, i would do that thing with the constant saving. But the problem is, i can't even click on a clip to put in the timeline to save it.... TT___TT

Old 04-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #11
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

God, yeah. Meant it took me a week to make an AMV. If you can get to the timeline, shrink each clip by veeery small amounts, and keep saving.