Racism - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 04-20-2006, 02:22 AM   #1
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about
Racism

Im starting to get of this. People are always saying "Racism is the enemy!" yet you go on tv and we have "Black stars" "B.E.T", and noone says anything. But if a white person got an idea to do this, they would be sued. And then this leeks into discrimination, people preach and preach, about how we do not discriminate, or be racisit. But, picture this, your walking down the sidewalk at like 12 in the morning, your coming home from a late movie ( ) and you see llike 3 "Gangster" kids. Are you gonna Bring your bf closer, of corse you are, are you gonna get a little worried sure, but why preach something we all do by nature. So my debate is, is the whole racisit thing getting blown out of proporsion, but nothing is realy being done to keep people quite?
fieldscarcrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2006, 03:06 AM   #2
fieldscarcrow
Missing-Nin

fieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura aboutfieldscarcrow has a spectacular aura about
I myself fully understand, and I totaly agree with you cant be an O.g if you didnt grow up in a ghetto, where there is nothing but yourself to trust. I am basicaly saying what you are, but isnt it just getting outta hand how we have to satisfy people and their view of how we are screwing them over due to race
fieldscarcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:17 AM   #3
flame13th
Chuunin

flame13th is an unknown quantity at this point
Well... Basicly people like to stick to their own kind. Thats why.

|flame's Blog|flame's badguy-inc|flame's deviantArt|flame's Friendster|
flame13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough
I agree with Shadowwolf.

What if you were Gothic and someone in a store walked away from you with their kid and you over heard, "I bet he probably be worshipping the devil and doing all that witchcraft."

You won't appreciate it either. A lot of my friends who look very goth are christians.

There is still racism and it is still kinda strong.

My friend's mom said she wants her to marry someone alive and white.

I asked her about it and she said her parents were old fashioned.....>.>

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil
I understand that..

@Shiek: my friend gets that all the time. sometimes im discriminated and my friend Kerry hanging around with what they call "a white devil". pisses me off sometimes. and then i usually get the "since when does an asian marry a black. must have been a one night stand"

i actually busted this boys face up when he said that to me >.>

anywho.............
but yeh to what you were saying fields, its kinda getting outta hand....
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
There IS an equiv. to BET on television. It's called ABC, CBS, MSNBC, FOX, and a number of other channels. The point of BET was that the majority of television was white dominated and they wanted a network that was black dominated.

This "double standard" exists on a certain level... But to be honest, it is a bit blown out of proportion by many people. Why is there an Asian Club in many schools yet not a White Club? Because Asians are a minority that is normally unheard of in much of white culture. The majority of people in the United States are white Christian males between the ages of 25 and 35.

There is no "White Pride" and the "White History Month" doesn't exist because of multiple reasons. A) Please tell me how much of America's history is about white people. It's a shit load and the point is to say that black people had a lot to do with founding this country. Black people are not as spoken about in the text books as white people. That's a fact. B) The different nationalities of white people are FREQUENTLY celebrated. St. Patrick's Day. The Italian Pride shit I see everywhere. Etc. C)

Oh Christ I can't finish this on 420. I'll be back tomorrow to finish this post when I can think again.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:37 PM   #7
Smeeeeee
Asian Sensation

Smeeeeee will become famous soon enoughSmeeeeee will become famous soon enough
i hate ppl that are racist but i even hate ppl mroe that are ignorant. im vietnamese and i live in a majority of black ppl and A LOT OF THEM ARE IGNORANT and they go like ching chong eggrolls etc and i hate that crap. not all of them but most of them.

I AM THE ASIAN SENSATION!
Smeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:06 PM   #8
darkyue87
Chuunin

darkyue87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well all "ignorant" are like that, but in my life I am "racist" with my own people. I really hate the "Gangsters" (I want to keep it clean) while the black people I have no problem with. You all ways have the two type of people. White trash is to white people, to Niggas to Black people. Its not there fault its just how they were raised, I just feel sorry for those who are like that. Not saying I am better then anyone else I just want everyone to understand each other. But alas we can not since some people are not keen on the idea of peace.
darkyue87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:47 AM   #9
itachi_11
Chuunin

itachi_11 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not saying that racism does not exist. However I feel that through my experience especially in the workforce people are not so much racist as they are prejudice. I'm in school to be a Human Resource manager so I take classes dealing with this stuff. I would have to say that they government creates part of the problem, especially in Canada.

They implement what darkaztek already said is the double standard. In canada we have what is known as employment equity (USA affirmative action) saying that people that do the hiring discriminate by nature so now you have to hire so many minorities in the workplace. Therefore discriminating against the majority (being white males). However with the majority of people not fully understanding the programs they may become prejudice.

I agree with some of the things that the gov't has implemented to try and counter act racism. However other things that they do to try and be politically correct is nonsense. Such as the no xmas tree in toronto centre square. Hanukka, Festival of lights and I'm not sure there may be other celebrations around that time for other religions. Xmas tree is not part of the religion its part of the commercialization now.

Last edited by itachi_11; 04-21-2006 at 01:50 AM.
itachi_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:10 AM   #10
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
It's true that appearances are deceiving. Like shiek mentioned, there are people that look goth and people will think they're devil worshippers, when they're actually christian.
the same thing will go with race. Although some people will be uneasy with "gangsters", and they would be slightly afraid or something, it's natural. If you don't know the person, of course you'd be afraid.
i was once known for getting into fights alot. But people always thought i was a troublemaker, so they'd pick fights with me and would ignore me and that shit.
But I got into fights alot because people were insulting and picking on one of my friends, and wouldn't stop. So that's why i got into fights alot.

Racism. It is discrimination from other races, thinking they are "better" than that race. For instance, a white guy saying or thinking he's better than blacks is racism. But having BET and Black Stars is NOT racism. They're just putting them into a category. It's different.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:22 AM   #11
Khari
Gyokunyo

Khari is infamous around these partsKhari is infamous around these parts
yeah and seeing as its "BLACK PEOPLE" doing it I see no problem with it
Old 04-21-2006, 11:00 AM   #12
cursesealer
ANBU

Location: At someplace somewhere with someone that somebody knew
cursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of lightcursesealer is a glorious beacon of light
When people see a different race, automatically they try see whether or not they live up to standard (being proper, well behaved, and other shyt). People be racist towards others for several reasons: based on history, grudge, whose being "favored", current events, conspiracies, symbolization, and even through rumors. We hear so much about tis tat Im one step close to just shutting tis issue out of my life all 2gether. But I cant becuse tis is an everyday issue tat cant be ignored.

member of the Akatsuki FC

My apprentice in training: naruto_the_demon_fox

One day, when I have enough money,
I shall buy all of the world's belguim waffles and pancakes.

cursesealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:01 PM   #13
Pride
Change is coming

Pride will become famous soon enoughPride will become famous soon enough
Honestly, i think the world would be alot better place if everyone stuck with their own kind (speaking from a long long time ago before alot of teh countries began having immmigrants and such) becouse alot of teh wars we had wouldnt have been started (passed the expansionalism era) were becous eof alot of cultural, religious, and ethnic reasons. so if everyone was in their set little place i think alot of shit would be alot better.

now on a side note, you know how racist white people are talin about how the blacks should go away (ecspecially here in teh south) i always say this... "well, you shoulda picked your own damn cotton andthey wouldnt be here"

i get that from this bumper sticker my uncle has

"if i woulda known how itd turn out, i woulda picked my own damn cotton"

[1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2]
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:21 PM   #14
NarutoFan1013
Academy Student

NarutoFan1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
o well who cares
Old 04-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #15
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFan1013
o well who cares
We do. That's why we have this thread. Don't spam it up.

Racism is pointless. It's a stubborn refusal to accept change =/
Change that has to happen.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote