Fairy tail 263 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 12-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #16
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Fairy tail 263

First off, Vengeance, you seem to pay a whole lot more attention to this manga than I do (or at least possess a better memory for it) so thanks for that, I cede many of the points to you.

Second, I don't out and out negate the idea that manuals and grimoires will become a part of the manga, just that the way Hiro has set things up (mainly in a master and apprentice way) that it doesn't seem like that will happen. Though people like Gray were not born to be Ice Mages, he was trained by an Ice Mage to use the magic. There was no information saying how this happens. It could be that the teacher (was it Ul? or something like that) sense the ability in him and help draw it out rather than start with any raw chunk of meat and train them up with lessons. The magics may not be unique (multiple fire/ice/etc) but there could be limited number of users rather than anyone who wants to learn. It hasn't be explained as such, so I don't know we could say one is more likely than the other, since everyone usually comes with a power set, but to my knowledge, no one has truly learned or gained access to two types of magic. Perhaps Natsu, though he jsut seems to be channeling different types of energy through his powers at cost to himself. (Which is the strange thing about Dragon Slayers - yes, other fire magic exists but they create the fire. Natsu eats and breaths fire. That's fairly unique.)

Lastly, my point about Wendy was that she is the only one with information/manual on her magic - that's why she was unique. The rest was referring to the rest of cast. I feel you misquoted me.

Also, this is probably the most fascinating conversation about this manga I've had. Really makes me sad that Hiro couldn't have put in a chapter or two of simple explanation and background into the magics. It would have added a very nice layer to the story.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (12-10-2011)

Old 12-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #17
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
First off, Vengeance, you seem to pay a whole lot more attention to this manga than I do (or at least possess a better memory for it) so thanks for that, I cede many of the points to you.

Second, I don't out and out negate the idea that manuals and grimoires will become a part of the manga, just that the way Hiro has set things up (mainly in a master and apprentice way) that it doesn't seem like that will happen. Though people like Gray were not born to be Ice Mages, he was trained by an Ice Mage to use the magic. There was no information saying how this happens. It could be that the teacher (was it Ul? or something like that) sense the ability in him and help draw it out rather than start with any raw chunk of meat and train them up with lessons. The magics may not be unique (multiple fire/ice/etc) but there could be limited number of users rather than anyone who wants to learn. It hasn't be explained as such, so I don't know we could say one is more likely than the other, since everyone usually comes with a power set, but to my knowledge, no one has truly learned or gained access to two types of magic. Perhaps Natsu, though he jsut seems to be channeling different types of energy through his powers at cost to himself. (Which is the strange thing about Dragon Slayers - yes, other fire magic exists but they create the fire. Natsu eats and breaths fire. That's fairly unique.)

Lastly, my point about Wendy was that she is the only one with information/manual on her magic - that's why she was unique. The rest was referring to the rest of cast. I feel you misquoted me.

Also, this is probably the most fascinating conversation about this manga I've had. Really makes me sad that Hiro couldn't have put in a chapter or two of simple explanation and background into the magics. It would have added a very nice layer to the story.
Well mainly for the first point, about Ur deciding to train Gray. I dont think it anything was stated liked, 'He is potential to become a great mage' anything like that, Ur just started to train him which funny because you brought up a very good point. How does some of the mages find there powers ? Possible it manifests like Erza's did in her moment of pure rage or ?

But also as Elfman said in the FT Vs GH arc, 10% of the many people in FT are mages. The other 90% are just humans who offer the guild of mages jobs to help them coexists. But there is some who are not in the equation, like take Edorlas Gerard, he uses magic staves and Im sure in the anime and manga we have seen people use weapons or items containing magic to attack which might be just normal humans.

The part about Natsu's Fire magic being unique, sorry if I have read what you have said wrong, but the reason he can generate fire is due to his magic turning his organs into those of a Dragon, aka he turns whatever a dragon uses to make his fire.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #18
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

@ACT there are a few mages who have access to multiple disciplines of magic. Ultear for example can use both Arc of Time & Ice Magic.

Anyway I just think that in a world of magic there are many different possibilities one could take in order to enhance their power(such as things previously mentioned). I find it rather foolish that people like Natsu think they can potentially increase magical energy & skill with magic by doing physical workouts. Yes such workouts would potentially make him a better fighter but how would that improve his skill in use of fire magic? I guess it's one of the reasons why I can actually tolerate this magic container idea though think the concept of a container could have been mentioned early on in the series. I actually prefer Lucy's method of increasing her magic potential over this but whatever.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #19
killerrabbit9
Chuunin

killerrabbit9 will become famous soon enoughkillerrabbit9 will become famous soon enough

I don't know if this has been posted somewhere else on the site but there's no Fairy Tail this week. The magazine its in is on break.