Us government's trick to violate civil liberties - Page 18 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #256
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay
 
xxMESTxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mountains
Age: 22
Posts: 910
Thanks: 1,344
Thanked 606 Times in 300 Posts
xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Not really, it only picks up links (not sites, specific links) from the past that were visited through that site in the past, it's more like a camera, than a time machine.
Nuh uh. I believe that shit legitimately brings me back in time, and gives me the awesome ability to bend time and space, sitting in my computer chair. A belief's a belief right?
__________________


"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-23-2012), Mal (01-22-2012), Miburo (01-22-2012), Numinous (01-23-2012)


Old 01-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #257
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,725
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you guys.

Seriously almightywood, just explain to us how you came to hold this philosophy.

If it is even slightly reasonable I will stop questioning you, leave your thread, and encourage my comrades to do the same. I am certain that they will fully agree with me, assuming you have somewhat valid reasoning behind this "belief" (because it's not a real belief, right? Since a real belief can't be known and you absolutely know that you are correct).
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (01-23-2012), kael03 (01-23-2012), Miburo (01-22-2012), Numinous (01-23-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 03:54 AM   #258
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Oh, okay. So you're saying that the only way something can ever be wrong is if it can be known. So only unknown things can be beliefs. Not actual beliefs, but "beliefs." As in your personal version of the word.

Then in the same thread you say you will refuse to back up a claim you make because you find it immoral. And it's immoral because that would involve you telling people what to believe. Except 20 people sending you messages is something that can be known, so it you're obviously using the term "beliefs" wrong. Even though you made the term up. That's kinda embarrassing.
People having an opinion or a belief that you are a bunch of dicks isn't an understanding (which can be right or wrong), it is a belief, so to produce proof of that at all would be telling people what to believe.

Quote:
So I guess the entire point of that post of yours was to reiterate the fact that you're too much of a pussy to answer a simple question and you're too much of a pussy to let someone else check to see if you're lying about something. Good job?
The point of that post was to reiterate the fact that I am against conversations in which someone ends up right and wrong. I'm not so foolish as to answer lead-in questions that have no other purpose other than to lead back to that despicable road.

Quote:
Edit 2: And just to make sure, you're saying that my belief is so fucking wrong that it's not even a belief, right?
I am saying that your definition of belief doesn't cope with my own, so I needed to clarify what I was saying for you. Understanding and believing get confused much like tolerating and respecting do.

Last edited by almightywood; 01-23-2012 at 03:57 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to almightywood For This Useful Post:
matta (01-23-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #259
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Hey, the guy insulted me first. Self-defense is a-ok.
Except the severity of yours was way out of hand. Let's assume we'd sue each other and went to trial. No judge in their right mind would condemn me for calling you an idiot, but I'm sure that you'd be accused and charged of libel, which would make you either go to jail for up to 3 years or having to pay a fine to me for moral damage.

Consider yourself lucky the Internet makes you anonymous and I really don't give a shit about your boring slander.

Quote:
I am saying that your definition of belief doesn't cope with my own, so I needed to clarify what I was saying for you.
Except Miburo is using proper English and you're not. As I said yesterday, go find a word that actually fits your definition.

Quote:
Understanding and believing get confused much like tolerating and respecting do.
Yes, by you.

Quote:
un·der·stand·ing n.1. The quality or condition of one who understands; comprehension.
2. The faculty by which one understands; intelligence. See Synonyms at reason.
3. Individual or specified judgment or outlook; opinion.
4. a. A compact implicit between two or more people or groups.
b. The matter implicit in such a compact.

5. A reconciliation of differences; a state of agreement: They finally reached an understanding.
6. A disposition to appreciate or share the feelings and thoughts of others; sympathy.

adj.1. Characterized by or having comprehension, good sense, or discernment.
2. Compassionate; sympathetic.


Quote:
be·lief n.1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.
Want to fail more at English?















And matta, if you have anything to say, join the discussion.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-23-2012), Mal (01-23-2012), Miburo (01-23-2012), xxMESTxx (01-23-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #260
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
People having an opinion or a belief that you are a bunch of dicks isn't an understanding (which can be right or wrong), it is a belief, so to produce proof of that at all would be telling people what to believe.
20 people sending you messages isn't an understanding or whatever inane stupid shit you are going on about. It's either a factual event that happened or it isn't. It can be known. It either happened or it didn't. There is no unknown middle ground there. It's not a belief in either the real definition of the word or your made-up definition, you pussy.

I want to know if that actual occurrence actually took place. It's like if I wanted to know if some football team won. If I ask you who won the football game last night would you say "It's against my morals to tell you the winner of the game since that would be forcing my beliefs on you"? I'm guessing no, unless you're even more of an obnoxious moronic coward than you've already demonstrated yourself as in here.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-23-2012), kael03 (01-23-2012), Mal (01-23-2012), Numinous (01-23-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #261
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
20 people sending you messages isn't an understanding or whatever inane stupid shit you are going on about. It's either a factual event that happened or it isn't. It can be known. It either happened or it didn't. There is no unknown middle ground there. It's not a belief in either the real definition of the word or your made-up definition, you pussy.

I want to know if that actual occurrence actually took place. It's like if I wanted to know if some football team won. If I ask you who won the football game last night would you say "It's against my morals to tell you the winner of the game since that would be forcing my beliefs on you"? I'm guessing no, unless you're even more of an obnoxious moronic coward than you've already demonstrated yourself as in here.
You want to know if the actual occurrence took place BECAUSE of what the messages say, therefore the important part is what the messages say, not the occurrence, so I will continue to treat it as though you are asking me to provide proof of a belief.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #262
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

No. I want to know if it actually happened or not. I couldn't care less about what the messages said. If I did, I'd ask you what they said. Not if it happened. Pretty simple shit here, man.

But the fact that you're adamantly against verifying that it actually happened pretty much speaks for itself. Keep doing whatever you feel you have to do to futilely hide your blatant lie. You're not fooling anyone though, champ.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-23-2012), kael03 (01-23-2012), Mal (01-23-2012), Numinous (01-24-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #263
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
No. I want to know if it actually happened or not. I couldn't care less about what the messages said. If I did, I'd ask you what they said. Not if it happened. Pretty simple shit here, man.

But the fact that you're adamantly against verifying that it actually happened pretty much speaks for itself. Keep doing whatever you feel you have to do to futilely hide your blatant lie. You're not fooling anyone though, champ.
What the fuck ever, I ALREADY TOLD YOU what the messages said, that's why you want them. I can tell you an opinion, but I will never give you proof of one.

You don't understand how I could be against backing shit up, that's fine, I don't care. You don't respect it, that's to be expected, you're not much for respect in general. Your obsession with "manliness" shows that.




I don't lie, even to people that have shown themselves to be deserving of nothing but lies (such as you all). If I was willing to lie to you all, I'd have done so long ago, and you all would have already left this discussion.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #264
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

I don't want any messages. I want to know if you actually got them. I don't care what they said. I don't want to read them. I wouldn't even personally look at them. I want to know if something actually happened in reality. That's it.

And sorry if I don't take a "I don't lie" at face value from someone who goes out of his way to try and justify not letting someone fact check a dubious story he tells...
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-23-2012), Mal (01-23-2012), Numinous (01-24-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #265
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay
 
xxMESTxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mountains
Age: 22
Posts: 910
Thanks: 1,344
Thanked 606 Times in 300 Posts
xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
You want to know if the actual occurrence took place BECAUSE of what the messages say, therefore the important part is what the messages say, not the occurrence, so I will continue to treat it as though you are asking me to provide proof of a belief.
You do know, that it would be an admin checking this, and that nobody from this thread would even see the message's right? Of course you do, it was just stated a few posts up. You can't be that stupid...

Oh wait..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
And if those twenty people that sent you messages post in this thread verifying your claims about you getting messages from them and allow you to post those messages, or you simply allow an admin to verify that you did indeed get twenty people sending you messages stating what you claimed they stated in this thread, then I will leave the forum for good.
Here you go, I even highlighted the important part in retard font, since you obviously didn't get it the first time.


"Oh no, they caught on to my bullshit, let me make up more bullshit, so they won't know I was bullshitting"
__________________


"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-24-2012), Miburo (01-24-2012), Numinous (01-24-2012)
Old 01-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #266
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I don't want any messages. I want to know if you actually got them. I don't care what they said. I don't want to read them. I wouldn't even personally look at them. I want to know if something actually happened in reality. That's it.

And sorry if I don't take a "I don't lie" at face value from someone who goes out of his way to try and justify not letting someone fact check a dubious story he tells...
I already told you what it would mean to me to do so. The fact that it would mean something different to you doesn't change that at all.

I know my insistence upon not providing proof of anything ever is really hard to grasp, since it is so obviously out of character for me. IF I actually knew you, I MIGHT be willing to do so, but since you are all a bunch of people who seem like pure trolls to me, you can just go right ahead and tell yourself to fuck off for me when you ask me for proof on anything ever.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #267
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

^All I saw when I read this was "I'm an UNMANLY COWARD AND I DON'T CARE!"

The fact that those words you typed mean something different to you doesn't change that at all. Since I don't know you and you're just some random interweb retard to me you can just go right ahead and tell yourself to fuck off for me whenever you feel the need to respond to anything I say. Pussy.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-24-2012), Mal (01-24-2012), Numinous (01-24-2012), xxMESTxx (01-24-2012)
Old 01-24-2012, 03:28 AM   #268
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
^All I saw when I read this was "I'm an UNMANLY COWARD AND I DON'T CARE!"

The fact that those words you typed mean something different to you doesn't change that at all. Since I don't know you and you're just some random interweb retard to me you can just go right ahead and tell yourself to fuck off for me whenever you feel the need to respond to anything I say. Pussy.
I have never shown any inclination to adopt your terminology, understandings, or beliefs over my own in any scenario, the idea that I would start now...

If you think you are in any way insulting me with the words unmanly or pussy, you are sadly mistaken. You are only degrading yourself in my eyes.

I am about to give you the only "proof" you will ever get for one of my understandings, take it or leave it.

I lost touch with someone who I had thought of as a good friend for a couple of years. Used to drink with him and do stupid shit when I was a teenager. Well when I hooked up with him again, he had stopped drinking, claiming he was an epileptic. I told him he'd been an epileptic and drank before, and called him a pussy and a girl for saying no until he drank with me.

We got totally shit-faced drunk and I left after a while and drove home. Tried calling him for like a week after that and couldn't get ahold of him. Finally went and talked to his neighbor to see where he was. She told me he had died the next day due to a grand mal seizure. Seems he could drink when he was younger because he used medication. At the time of his death he smoked pot to regulate his disease and I guess that was the difference.

I had killed my friend by calling him a pussy. To this day I instantly despise people who use terms in this fashion. It is one of many reasons I find your style of discussion despicable.

I swear to god if anyone gives me shit over this they will be instantly relegated to the realm of pure insults where Numinous dwells, and believe me I'd be making a bigger threat if I could.

Last edited by almightywood; 01-24-2012 at 05:41 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:18 AM   #269
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I have never shown any inclination to adopt your terminology, understandings, or beliefs over my own in any scenario, the idea that I would start now...
... is not that farfetched, because the terminology Miburo is using is the correct one, supported by linguistics. Your terminology is plain wrong.

Quote:
If you think you are in any way insulting me with the words unmanly or pussy, you are sadly mistaken. You are only degrading yourself in my eyes.

I am about to give you the only "proof" you will ever get for one of my understandings, take it or leave it.

I lost touch with someone who I had thought of as a good friend for a couple of years. Used to drink with him and do stupid shit when I was a teenager. Well when I hooked up with him again, he had stopped drinking, claiming he was an epileptic. I told him he'd been an epileptic and drank before, and called him a pussy and a girl for saying no until he drank with me.

We got totally shit-faced drunk and I left after a while and drove home. Tried calling him for like a week after that and couldn't get ahold of him. Finally went and talked to his neighbor to see where he was. She told me he had died the next day due to a grand mal seizure. Seems he could drink when he was younger because he used medication. At the time of his death he smoked pot to regulate his disease and I guess that was the difference.

I had killed my friend by calling him a pussy.
As heartbreaking that story was, you did not kill your friend for calling him a pussy, he killed himself for being an idiot. And yes, I will dare calling your dead friend by that adjective because he knew very well that alcohol and epilepsy (that isn't properly treated) combined is a sure ticket to the cemetery because it's basic stuff that doctors tell such patients. Heck, even I had to learn that when I studied the ethanol metabolism and I don't know anyone with epilepsy.

In the end, he was the one who decided to foolishly risk his life instead of telling you what the consequences were and he wouldn't be a pussy for doing the latter, he'd be reasonable.

Quote:
I swear to god if anyone gives me shit over this they will be instantly relegated to the realm of pure insults where Numinous dwells, and believe me I'd be making a bigger threat if I could.
Well good thing I'm already there, amirite? And if you want to enlarge your libel, go ahead, I don't care.


And just let an admin look at the messages, for Pete's sake! Is that so hard to do?
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3








Last edited by Numinous; 01-24-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-24-2012), Mal (01-24-2012), Miburo (01-24-2012), xxMESTxx (01-24-2012)
Old 01-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #270
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
As heartbreaking that story was, you did not kill your friend for calling him a pussy, he killed himself for being an idiot. And yes, I will dare calling your dead friend by that adjective because he knew very well that alcohol and epilepsy (that isn't properly treated) combined is a sure ticket to the cemetery because it's basic stuff that doctors tell such patients. Heck, even I had to learn that when I studied the ethanol metabolism and I don't know anyone with epilepsy.

In the end, he was the one who decided to foolishly risk his life instead of telling you what the consequences were and he wouldn't be a pussy for doing the latter, he'd be reasonable.
I've had other people mention something much the same to me in the past, and regardless of his own choices in the matter, if it hadn't been for my insisting upon my desires over his own, he wouldn't have died.

It is one of many incidents in my life that have shown to me that the only good way for me to leave my mark on the world is through my morals, and also resurfaced/reinforced my belief that imposing anything of my own over other people is horribly wrong.

When I saw you in here again I was prepared to chew you a huge new asshole, I'm only responding civilly because you took the high road.

Last edited by almightywood; 01-24-2012 at 06:32 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.