Us government's trick to violate civil liberties - Page 23 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #331
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
There is some truth to this. Those crazy bastards in the Westboro Baptist church have some pretty extreme beliefs, and snap every time they are questioned about it. But then again, they don't seem half as nutty as you. I mean, if they suddenly got 20 text messages from Jeezus, I bet they wouldn't be all secretive about it. Fuck, they'd be telling everyone they know about it while screaming "PROOF". Plus while those guys are extremely Anti-gay, I don't recall them every accusing anyone of doing anything remotely insane as what you said to Num.

So then, are you willing to acknowledge that your own beliefs are irrational?
I have said all along that beliefs are outside the realm of ration.


Quote:
Care to elaborate a bit more about what you mean?
Usually an irrational belief that keeps a crazy man sane is something that they see as the meaning of life. Arguing it away takes away the meaning to their life - or as many people think takes themselves away.


Quote:
I thought you were against telling people what to think.
No, I am against telling people what to believe, beliefs and facts are independent of each other.


Quote:
I thought there were no absolute truths, only beliefs.
No, I said only absolute truths can disprove beliefs.

Quote:
Mistaken according to you. Which of course is your belief, that you apparently think is superior to theirs. It sounds to me, that by labeling their beliefs as "mistaken", you are in fact eliminating a possibility of it being true, which completely goes against your life philosophy of being open minded to ALL things. nice job.
No, since we are talking about facts, belief doesn't enter into it at all. If something is a fact, there is only one possibility already, so I am eliminating nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
@AW-So you're saying that you threatening to kill someone because they made you feel bad on the internet actually proves that the person being threatened is a dick? You actually think you're entirely justified in threatening to kill people because of stuff posted on the interweb? Seriously?

You are an immoral monster.
I absolutely do think that a death threat on the internet is no different than any other insult flung about there. Now quit fucking playing like you actually took it seriously in that fashion, we both know you antagonized me purposefully, knowing the likely result the whole time.

As for being immoral, I told you a while ago that I think of trolls as non-humans.
Nothing immoral about threatening to kill a monster.

Last edited by almightywood; 01-26-2012 at 11:32 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #332
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I absolutely do think that a death threat on the internet is no different than any other insult flung about there. Now quit fucking playing like you actually took it seriously in that fashion, we both know you antagonized me purposefully, knowing the likely result the whole time.

As for being immoral, I told you a while ago that I think of trolls as non-humans.
Nothing immoral about threatening to kill a monster.
Then you're a bad person. I didn't know if you were serious about it or not. You're clearly incredibly irrational, so who knows if you would actually attempt to murder people because they made you mad online.

I wasn't worried, of course, because you're obviously a pussy. But the point is you can't claim the moral high-ground when you threaten to kill people because you see them as non-humans because they don't abide by your made-up rules. Well, you can make that claim. It's just laughably idiotic. Which hasn't stopped you before with every single post you make, so meh.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-26-2012), Numinous (01-26-2012), xxMESTxx (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #333
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
That's what I thought about it too, but apparently it's supposed to be dead set in stone at one inch for everyone - based on studies. Fuck studies.
Um, yeaaaaah... I'm just going to assume what you think is a "study" is actually "something I read online that reported on a report of a study and they said that A=B, so it must be 100% true" because I highly doubt that hair growth is dead set in stone, without even going the literature to prove it. It would be a remarkable feat that everyone had the same genetics for hair growth rate seeing as we don't have the same genetics for anything, really.

But hey, since I'm OK with being wrong, feel free to produce the source because that could be very interesting and an excellent target for developing a virus that could kill us all and save the planet from our wanton ways.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-26-2012), Mal (01-26-2012), Miburo (01-26-2012), Numinous (01-26-2012), xxMESTxx (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #334
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,197
Thanks: 9,035
Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,598 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I have said all along that beliefs are outside the realm of ration.

Usually an irrational belief that keeps a crazy man sane is something that they see as the meaning of life. Arguing it away takes away the meaning to their life - or as many people think takes themselves away.
So, if beliefs are "outside the realm of ration", that makes them inherently irrational, and if you didn't have them you would be batshit insane. Does that about sum it up?

If we go by that premise, then you have just confessed to being insane, but are capable of coping because you have your beliefs to keep you in check. Beliefs that have now been questioned, causing you to lose it, and make ridiculous statements about murdering people, and whatnot.

You wanna know whats weird. If you stripped down, analyzed, questioned the beliefs of EVERYONE else in this thread, I'd guarantee you they wouldn't go bat shit insane over it. Most people would be willing to say "Oh so I'm wrong about that Flying Spaghetti Monster being real", and just move on. So seems like the only guy that needs his beliefs in order to cope with reality....is you.

Quote:
As for being immoral, I told you a while ago that I think of trolls as non-humans.
Nothing immoral about threatening to kill a monster.
Hey that's the same argument Hitler used to justify killing the Jews. They're sub-human, so nothing wrong with killing a few million of them amirite?

Still think you have the moral high ground?
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 01-26-2012 at 06:29 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
ACt (01-26-2012), kael03 (01-26-2012), Mal (01-26-2012), Miburo (01-26-2012), Numinous (01-26-2012), xxMESTxx (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #335
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
It does indeed have the direct connotation I stated it did. Maybe not where you're from, but connotations of words assuredly vary depending on who you're talking to.
Yes, because I absolutely did not put the dictionary definitions and made you see you're using things in the wrong way... oh wait.

Quote:
Algebra is a system of logic.
As are many disciplines of philosophy and science, but it's a fallacy to expect the rules of algebra or said disciplines to apply to logic.

Quote:
Miburo pulled some shit on me in this thread, linking together two separate statements and insisting that I prove the combined one. You also have pulled some shit on me and called it logic. Such as insisting that a carefully worded neutral post was a positive claim. The type of shit pulled by both of you is just as asinine as the example I used, so if it doesn't fall under your understanding of logic, then use one of the previous ones.
Please prove how illogical were those instances by using proper logic (unless they were used as satire). You'll see they're not illogical.

Quote:
The type of logic that has prevailed with pretty much every other group of people I have had a discussion with. The type that can't be used to alter the meaning of a person's words.
So it's good ol' Logic anyway. Which people like me and Miburo used.

Quote:
I am saying that Steve equated having skin cells from her breasts as proof that he got boob.
It was an example of twisted logic (which is perfectly possible based on the rules you all are following for logic, you all have already proved it for me)
Twisted logic is not logic and I never said that twisted logic was logic. So why beat that strawman?

Quote:
I disagree.
Not surprised by the non-agreement, but surprised you didn't specify. What, you now disagree just to disagree?

Quote:
Look faith is as unacceptable a word to me as belief is to you for much the same validity of a reason. Both have an extra connotation to them that doesn't apply that we each find distasteful to have when being used in the current discussion.
Except you are using a subtype of belief that has its own word (faith), therefore not using the word belief as it should be, and you are refusing to use faith for a completely ridiculous reason.

I'm gay. I'm cheerful, lighthearted and I'm given to social pleasures, but I'm not homosexual. See how you can use a word to its proper extent while avoiding unwanted connotations? Try it sometime.

Quote:
There is such a thing as subjective proof. Since beliefs and understandings are subjective by nature, proof can only be objective if it uses understandings and beliefs that are universal to all included in the unveiling of the proof. If it doesn't include such, it is still proof, but not to everybody, making it subjective proof.
And that's stupid. Proof is objective in the sense it's untainted by emotions and biases and it's testable. If it's biased and/or untestable, it's no longer proof. So you can't have something like subjective proof, because subjective already means it can be tainted.

So either accept the difference between proof and suggestion or gtfo.

Quote:
Laws are indeed proven theories. The scientific society has established a very rigorous standard that must be met before a theory is worthy of becoming a law.
That is completely false. I'm working in the scientific society and I can assure you that theories do not become laws. Hypothesis are the ones that can either become theories or laws. Again, laws are mathematical explanations of facts, theories are worded explanations of facts.

Quote:
Newton's law of gravitation used to be his theory of gravitation. Einstein's theory of relativity is a theory because we can't study what happens to matter when it reaches the speed of light.
Wow, you're stupid. The Newtonian Law of Gravitation and the Newtonian Theory of Gravitation are two different things.

This is the law of Gravitation you referred:



The Newtonian Theory of Gravitation explains what is gravity and how it works. And it was already superseded by the Einsteinian Theory of Gravitation (included in the General Relativity) which explains better gravity considering new facts that were discovered between both theories.

See the difference? That's why theories can't become laws, because that's stupid.

Quote:
Laws mean something different when referring to mathematics than when referring to science. Science has laws too, you are just confusing the two.
No, I'm not. I know very well what I'm talking about, since I use theories and laws of science everyday. You're the one who can't figure out what they are.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3








Last edited by Numinous; 01-26-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ACt (01-26-2012), ask me anything (01-26-2012), kael03 (01-26-2012), Mal (01-26-2012), Miburo (01-26-2012), xxMESTxx (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #336
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Hey that's the same argument Hitler used to justify killing the Jews. They're sub-human, so nothing wrong with killing a few million of them amirite?

Still think you have the moral high ground?
Whoa, wait a minute... did we really get this far without mentioning Hitler before now? Because that would be pretty impressive as far as internet debates go...

/yeahgodwin!
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-26-2012), Axiom (01-26-2012), kael03 (01-26-2012), Mal (01-26-2012), Miburo (01-26-2012), Numinous (01-26-2012), That1CheezyGuy (01-26-2012), xxMESTxx (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #337
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

AW doesn't debate, you vile sub-humans!
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-26-2012), Axiom (01-26-2012), kael03 (01-26-2012), Mal (01-26-2012), Numinous (01-26-2012), xxMESTxx (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #338
Axiom
[something clever]
 
Axiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 74
Thanks: 487
Thanked 824 Times in 305 Posts
Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

This experiment, our journey into the mind of this clearly unstable, suicidal, homeless, criminal, failed cult leader... Basically a Jack-of-all-failures. Has been worth while to me after all.

@Mibs, Num.... To the discussion I was having with you two about racism, gay rights ect, and about the fact that I could not imagine how someone would be so recessed into their own system of belief. That they could be so irrational as to utterly ignore all of what the reality of a situation tells them....I now have had first hand interaction with the type of person you guys were telling me about. So... I was wrong, and stand corrected.

Also not for nothing, but now that AW has displaced the topic of discussion even further into some sanity vs insanity thing or whatever. I just noticed a striking correlation between his so called philosophy, and HR's signature... Maybe you two guys can meet up and then both accomplish nothing together.

Last edited by Axiom; 01-26-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-26-2012), Mal (01-26-2012), Miburo (02-02-2012), Numinous (01-26-2012), xxMESTxx (01-26-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #339
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay
 
xxMESTxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mountains
Age: 22
Posts: 910
Thanks: 1,344
Thanked 606 Times in 300 Posts
xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
I just noticed a striking correlation between his so called philosophy, and HR's signature... Maybe you two guys can meet up and then both accomplish nothing together.
Scrolled up, viewed post, read signature, and Laughed.Out.Loud

This entire thread has been pretty entertaining to me. Especially the part where he pretty much accused num of sitting around thinking about killing people, which he's already been called insane for, then not only thinks about some kind of horrible murder, spouts it out as a threat..on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Usually an irrational belief that keeps a crazy man sane is something that they see as the meaning of life. Arguing it away takes away the meaning to their life - or as many people think takes themselves away.
Yeah, only if they're morons to begin with, which is why they ever adopted such beliefs. Normal, somewhat intelligent people, would never have to rely on some crazy belief to keep themselves from being crazy. Because it doesn't make any fucking sense.
__________________


"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-02-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #340
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,722
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Whoa, wait a minute... did we really get this far without mentioning Hitler before now? Because that would be pretty impressive as far as internet debates go...

/yeahgodwin!
I don't know, I used the Jews and belief that they are sub-human in examples pretty much from the beginning, I didn't mentioned Nazism by name but it was pretty much implied.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-02-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #341
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
So, if beliefs are "outside the realm of ration", that makes them inherently irrational, and if you didn't have them you would be batshit insane. Does that about sum it up?
Not saying me exactly, but yeah pretty close.

Quote:
If we go by that premise, then you have just confessed to being insane, but are capable of coping because you have your beliefs to keep you in check. Beliefs that have now been questioned, causing you to lose it, and make ridiculous statements about murdering people, and whatnot.
I have confessed to nothing, I merely pointed out that beliefs are things not to be fucked with, and that if you attack people's beliefs you deserve whatever you get.

Quote:
You wanna know whats weird. If you stripped down, analyzed, questioned the beliefs of EVERYONE else in this thread, I'd guarantee you they wouldn't go bat shit insane over it. Most people would be willing to say "Oh so I'm wrong about that Flying Spaghetti Monster being real", and just move on. So seems like the only guy that needs his beliefs in order to cope with reality....is you.
As if this small subsection of (very) similar people could be used to diagnose the population of the world at large.

Quote:
Hey that's the same argument Hitler used to justify killing the Jews. They're sub-human, so nothing wrong with killing a few million of them amirite?

Still think you have the moral high ground?
I do indeed, Hitler attacked the jews without provocation or warning. I was indeed provoked, and those attacked were indeed warned. So I absolutely fail to see how self defense could be equated to genocide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Yes, because I absolutely did not put the dictionary definitions and made you see you're using things in the wrong way... oh wait.
Yes, you linked definitions that explained your position, but didn't in any way prove mine wrong. I used the definition of belief as well to prove that it was applicable in the way I was using it. The fact that I am not using the common definition doesn't in any way make me wrong to use it. You just consider one connotation more important than I do, and I am the same way about another. You're dislike of the one connotation doesn't in any way supersede my dislike of the other.

Quote:
Please prove how illogical were those instances by using proper logic (unless they were used as satire). You'll see they're not illogical.
The fact that you specified proper logic means your understanding of it, which I already think is flawed, so how could I possibly use something that is flawed to disprove itself?

Quote:
So it's good ol' Logic anyway. Which people like me and Miburo used.
Bullshit, you both ABSOLUTELY used logic to put words in my mouth.

Quote:
Twisted logic is not logic and I never said that twisted logic was logic. So why beat that strawman?
No, I said that what you call logic, I call twisted logic.

Quote:
Not surprised by the non-agreement, but surprised you didn't specify. What, you now disagree just to disagree?
I've already told you my views on the subject, and I don't feel like rephrasing them to try and explain it to you again.

Except you are using a subtype of belief that has its own word (faith), therefore not using the word belief as it should be, and you are refusing to use faith for a completely ridiculous reason.

Quote:
I'm gay. I'm cheerful, lighthearted and I'm given to social pleasures, but I'm not homosexual. See how you can use a word to its proper extent while avoiding unwanted connotations? Try it sometime.
Hmm kind of like saying when I talk about beliefs, I am referring solely to believing in things that are unknown. Sweet, already done.

Quote:
And that's stupid. Proof is objective in the sense it's untainted by emotions and biases and it's testable. If it's biased and/or untestable, it's no longer proof. So you can't have something like subjective proof, because subjective already means it can be tainted.
Who said anything about biased or untestable? I was talking about it being un-understandable. If you can't understand it, it isn't proof to you. If it isn't proof to EVERYONE, then it isn't objective proof, it is subjective proof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
This experiment, our journey into the mind of this clearly unstable, suicidal, homeless, criminal, failed cult leader... Basically a Jack-of-all-failures. Has been worth while to me after all.

@Mibs, Num.... To the discussion I was having with you two about racism, gay rights ect, and about the fact that I could not imagine how someone would be so recessed into their own system of belief. That they could be so irrational as to utterly ignore all of what the reality of a situation tells them....I now have had first hand interaction with the type of person you guys were telling me about. So... I was wrong, and stand corrected.

Also not for nothing, but now that AW has displaced the topic of discussion even further into some sanity vs insanity thing or whatever. I just noticed a striking correlation between his so called philosophy, and HR's signature... Maybe you two guys can meet up and then both accomplish nothing together.
Believe me I'd much rather have a discussion with him than the majority of people I have encountered in this thread, he seems a much more comprehending, rational, respectful person than what I have seen from you all.

Last edited by almightywood; 01-26-2012 at 06:52 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #342
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,197
Thanks: 9,035
Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,598 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
@Mibs, Num.... To the discussion I was having with you two about racism, gay rights ect, and about the fact that I could not imagine how someone would be so recessed into their own system of belief. That they could be so irrational as to utterly ignore all of what the reality of a situation tells them....I now have had first hand interaction with the type of person you guys were telling me about. So... I was wrong, and stand corrected
Jeezus, there is so much WIN in this quote. AW better take note of this.

If you boil it down to its simplest, Axiom didn't think someone like AW could possibly exist. It was his belief that nobody could be that ignorant. AW by virtue of existing, has challenged his belief. Now if we are to believe AW, then right now Axiom should be having a mental breakdown, since his belief just got trounced upon, and he no longer has anything to protect him from harsh reality. Axiom should be laying on the floor, in the fetal position, eating crayons right about now. Yet this isn't the case. He seems to be coping just fine.

I'll leave you people to draw your own conclusions, since ya' know, it's wrong to tell people what to think.























































...but yeah, AW is full of shit.
__________________


Last edited by ask me anything; 01-26-2012 at 10:26 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-26-2012), Miburo (02-02-2012), Numinous (01-27-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #343
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I don't know, I used the Jews and belief that they are sub-human in examples pretty much from the beginning, I didn't mentioned Nazism by name but it was pretty much implied.
Think I vaguely recall that, but I think the law specifically states Hitler/Nazis not sub-human jews.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-26-2012), Miburo (02-02-2012), Numinous (01-27-2012)
Old 01-27-2012, 04:38 AM   #344
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Jeezus, there is so much WIN in this quote. AW better take note of this.

If you boil it down to its simplest, Axiom didn't think someone like AW could possibly exist. It was his belief that nobody could be that ignorant. AW by virtue of existing, has challenged his belief. Now if we are to believe AW, then right now Axiom should be having a mental breakdown, since his belief just got trounced upon, and he no longer has anything to protect him from harsh reality. Axiom should be laying on the floor, in the fetal position, eating crayons right about now. Yet this isn't the case. He seems to be coping just fine.

I'll leave you people to draw your own conclusions, since ya' know, it's wrong to tell people what to think.
I see, one legitimate post and it's straight back to trolling for you, eh?
Bravo. No more responses for you.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #345
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I do indeed, Hitler attacked the jews without provocation or warning.
Someone needs to read more books about WWII. Not that the Jews were killing people or stuff like that, but they weren't slaughtered just because they were Jews without any warning.

Quote:
I was indeed provoked, and those attacked were indeed warned. So I absolutely fail to see how self defense could be equated to genocide.
Ever heard of proportionate response? It's kind of rude to threat people with death and calling them pedophiles just because they called you stupid.

Quote:
Yes, you linked definitions that explained your position, but didn't in any way prove mine wrong. I used the definition of belief as well to prove that it was applicable in the way I was using it.
Yes, as the definition of mammal is applicable to pigs, but keeping talking about pigs using the word mammal is stupid, like I aid before. It's the same deal here.

Quote:
The fact that I am not using the common definition doesn't in any way make me wrong to use it. You just consider one connotation more important than I do, and I am the same way about another. You're dislike of the one connotation doesn't in any way supersede my dislike of the other.
Yes, it supersedes if the word you're using isn't as specific to your definition as the word I'm presenting to you. You're talking about faith, use goddamn faith, don't use belief.

Quote:
The fact that you specified proper logic means your understanding of it, which I already think is flawed, so how could I possibly use something that is flawed to disprove itself?
Gee, I dunno, why don't you grab a book/site about logic and use it? It's not that hard.

Quote:
Bullshit, you both ABSOLUTELY used logic to put words in my mouth.
Are you sure? Because if I did that, it was either satire or I saw your BS and you're backpedaling just to prove me wrong.

Quote:
No, I said that what you call logic, I call twisted logic.
You lack the sapience to apply Bizarro World on me. Please say where my logic is flawed.

Quote:
Hmm kind of like saying when I talk about beliefs, I am referring solely to believing in things that are unknown. Sweet, already done.
Except the definition of belief does NOT have that connotation directly, therefore you're adding a connotation. Now faith has that connotation, you just have to say you're not talking about the theological kind. See, not that hard, it's just subtracting a connotation, adding connotations to terms and refusing to use terms that already have that connotation is just moronic.

Quote:
Who said anything about biased or untestable? I was talking about it being un-understandable. If you can't understand it, it isn't proof to you. If it isn't proof to EVERYONE, then it isn't objective proof, it is subjective proof.
Wow, you're stupid. The objectivity of proof has nothing to do with its acceptance/understanding, because some people are willing to ignore proof just to maintain wrong beliefs (like the Flat Earth Society) or just aren't educated enough to understand them. If the evidence can be tested by anyone and it's unbiased, then it's proof and it's objective.


Quote:
Believe me I'd much rather have a discussion with him than the majority of people I have encountered in this thread, he seems a much more comprehending, rational, respectful person than what I have seen from you all.
You do realize that Axiom just called you the most stupid and irrational person he ever met, just in other words? Jesus, you suck at English.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-27-2012), kael03 (01-27-2012), Mal (01-27-2012), Miburo (02-02-2012)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.