Us government's trick to violate civil liberties - Page 34 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #496
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
AW - You're somewhat right in your view of where the burden of proof lies with a possibility and a theory.

However, the problem here is that you're not looking at this as a possibility. You're looking at it as an assertion and so do the majority of people that believe in it, to assume that it is fact you should have the relevant evidence to support your claims. If someone says you're wrong (mostly due to the lack of evidence on your part), then it's up to you to provide that evidence or admit that you do not have the evidence to back up your claims and you could in fact be wrong.
Actually, I truly am looking at this as only a possibility. The only reason I am finding fault with other's arguments, is because they are not.

I am kind of against the removal of possibilities in general, so I argue against things being improperly disproven when they are still on my list of maybes.

Quote:
In the same way that if I said you were actually a unicorn but only I could see you in all your rainbow glory, that it would be up to me to provide that evidence once you said that I was wrong.
No, I'd probably just smile politely at you and walk away. (well, I might ask you what else you were seeing first)

Last edited by almightywood; 02-07-2012 at 05:22 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 02-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #497
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,954
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
As to your question, depends on the person. Personally I just lean on...I dunno, myself I guess. I mean, damn. When bad shit happens I figure I can either man up and face it, or be a pussy about it. Pretty easy choice, in my opinion.
You responded just how I said you would..don't believe me go back n read

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Wow. I just hate the way HR posts anything. Read that previous sentence again. It isn't what he posts, I don't even read it anymore, but just the way he lays out the nonsensical hurts to even look at.

Dude, learn to use the forum appropriately.
sorry not used to muti posting .. I just try to separate my responses from your text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
It's like he wants to make every single aspect of what he posts as dumb as possible. What he says, how he says it, how he presents it, how he presents himself in his signature and username, etc.
IF you didn't find it entertaining or feel some sort of way about it you wouldn't post.. .. I'm getting what I need form the dialog and that's all that matters
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #498
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Actually, I truly am looking at this as only a possibility. The only reason I am finding fault with other's arguments, is because they are not.

I am kind of against the removal of possibilities in general, so I argue against things being improperly disproven when they are still on my list of maybes.
But you have to understand that you can't expect people to just chase up every possibility, especially highly implausible ones. They are on YOUR list of maybes, and you should at least have some basis on why it's there and be able to back it up.

For it to be a possibility there needs to be some reason for you to assume that it has a chance of being true. If someone says that you're wrong most of the time the reason is because of the lack of evidence to support your claim or because they have other data that contradict your possible theory.

Quote:
No, I'd probably just smile politely at you and walk away. (well, I might ask you what else you were seeing first)
But if you were to ask (you know, it's a possibility), wouldn't you expect me to offer the evidence? Or would you be content with me telling you that it's all down to you to disprove it.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-07-2012), Miburo (02-07-2012), Scientia (02-07-2012), xxMESTxx (02-07-2012)
Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #499
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
But you have to understand that you can't expect people to just chase up every possibility, especially highly implausible ones. They are on YOUR list of maybes, and you should at least have some basis on why it's there and be able to back it up.
As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to possibilities, the whole point is that there is no proof. If there is proof, it isn't possible, it either is or isn't.
Which scenario is right has nothing to do with likelihood in my opinion.
While probability is pretty accurate when spread over a large enough sample, when applied to only a one or a few, they pretty much mean jack. Since when it comes down to it, there's only one truth (though many correct ways to perceive it) we might as well just discount probability when it comes to determination of right and wrong in any sense.

Quote:
For it to be a possibility there needs to be some reason for you to assume that it has a chance of being true. If someone says that you're wrong most of the time the reason is because of the lack of evidence to support your claim or because they have other data that contradict your possible theory.
Well, I kind of already answered this but, if it's a possibility that means it's an unknown, and since probability isn't foolproof, it isn't proof either.




Quote:
But if you were to ask (you know, it's a possibility), wouldn't you expect me to offer the evidence? Or would you be content with me telling you that it's all down to you to disprove it.
If you were to make such a claim I wouldn't proclaim it wrong. I might ask you how you came to the conclusion, but if you chose not to disclose, then I would respect that. If I were to call you wrong, then I absolutely would feel burdened with the proving, since I would be changing it from an unknown to a known and removing it once and for all as a possibility one way or another (if I could back up my claim).

Last edited by almightywood; 02-07-2012 at 06:56 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #500
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Shit. C'mon, can we stop this? AW literally said possibilities are things with no proof or an unknown (don't bother defining the word "possible") and that probabilities can't act as proof because they are 100% truth.

The guy doesn't believe anything is true by those very standards, except his own truth I suppose, which I think he's claming are possibilities and thus not subject to proof because he doesn't think possibilities have evidence, and anything we bring up can't be true because few things have 100% proof for them.

Can you get any more ambiguous, vague, pseudo-intellectual bullshit in there? I suppose you don't believe in matter because subatomic particles are all measure in probabilities, huh?
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-07-2012), kael03 (02-07-2012), Mal (02-07-2012), Miburo (02-07-2012), Scientia (02-07-2012), xxMESTxx (02-07-2012)
Old 02-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #501
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

I mean, seriously, how did you pass high school math?
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-07-2012), kael03 (02-07-2012), Mal (02-07-2012), Miburo (02-07-2012), xxMESTxx (02-07-2012)
Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #502
manta
No Leaf Clover
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tropic
Age: 27
Posts: 407
Thanks: 1,013
Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

It is scientifically proven that the less you know the more you think you know. As we can see AW and HR are proven subjects of this research.
__________________

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-07-2012), kael03 (02-07-2012), Mal (02-07-2012), Miburo (02-07-2012), xxMESTxx (02-07-2012)
Old 02-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #503
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,760
Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
I mean, seriously, how did you pass high school math?
I'm wondering how he managed to pass high school period.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-07-2012), Mal (02-07-2012), Miburo (02-07-2012), Scientia (02-07-2012), xxMESTxx (02-07-2012)
Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #504
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Rasengan View Post
You responded just how I said you would..don't believe me go back n read
You want a gold star or some shit? Who cares? It's not a difficult task to predict that I prefer to man up and not be a pussy about shit. I only tell people to man up and not be a pussy all the time in pretty much every single situation, even if it doesn't really make sense.

So man up and stop being a pussy, Nostradamus.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-07-2012), kael03 (02-07-2012), Mal (02-07-2012), Scientia (02-07-2012), xxMESTxx (02-07-2012)
Old 02-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #505
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,723
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Specifies political knowledge, but still applicable here:



via SMBC
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-08-2012), Miburo (02-07-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-08-2012)
Old 02-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #506
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
It is scientifically proven that the less you know the more you think you know. As we can see AW and HR are proven subjects of this research.
I guess so.

Everybody BUT me in this thread claims to know everything about everything.

I never claimed to be claiming anything, In fact I claimed to not be claiming anything more than once.
I merely called everyone else morons for speaking with authority on the things they do.


By your statement, you all must know less than me.
(you really should pay attention to what someone's views are if you are going to attempt to make light of them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
I mean, seriously, how did you pass high school math?

If you are actually addressing me, I excelled at math (and I mean I was leaps and bounds above the majority of kids) and still do. When I was in college I took extra math classes so I'd have some easy courses that I could breeze through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Shit. C'mon, can we stop this? AW literally said possibilities are things with no proof or an unknown (don't bother defining the word "possible") and that probabilities can't act as proof because they are 100% truth.

The guy doesn't believe anything is true by those very standards, except his own truth I suppose, which I think he's claming are possibilities and thus not subject to proof because he doesn't think possibilities have evidence, and anything we bring up can't be true because few things have 100% proof for them.

Can you get any more ambiguous, vague, pseudo-intellectual bullshit in there? I suppose you don't believe in matter because subatomic particles are all measure in probabilities, huh?
What I'm saying is that I think it is purely egotistical to try to disprove a possibility with a probability, such a thing isn't possible. If you were to operate under the premises that probability tells you were to occur, then there's nothing wrong with that. When you try and say that it absolutely is this way because everything seems to point that way, then I call BS. If you want to say it absolutely is this way, prove it absolutely couldn't be any other way.

Proving something wrong is harder to do than just about anything else, hence why if you tell someone that they are wrong, you better be prepared to prove it. The burden of proof then falling on the person who created the conflict, and the person who claimed to have knowledge: ie. the person who said the other was wrong.

Otherwise you are just a bunch of morons claiming to know more than you do.

After all something that is possible is quite simply something that COULD BE.
If it is (dis)proven, there is no could about it, it is(n't).

I have always maintained that the only thing that any man can ever know with certainty is that he will be with himself his whole life.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-07-2012 at 11:56 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #507
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,760
Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Everybody BUT me in this thread claims to know everything about everything.
Bullshit. I never once claimed to know everything about everything. Every one of us has specialized knowledge. Mine happens to be in behavioral psychology and astrophysics. I'll be the first to admit I know little about anatomy (ACt), or genetics (Num). But I know a lot about certain things because, unlike you, I have an inquisitive mind about topics that interest me (psychology and astrophysics, for example).

YOU, on the other hand, arbitrarily dismiss anything anyone posts that follows logic and science to fulfill this obscene notion that follows the Assassin's Creed "there is no truth, everything is permitted" or some stupid bullshit that eliminates the likelihood of you ever being wrong.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-08-2012), Mal (02-08-2012), manta (02-08-2012), Miburo (02-08-2012), xxMESTxx (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #508
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Bullshit. I never once claimed to know everything about everything. Every one of us has specialized knowledge. Mine happens to be in behavioral psychology and astrophysics. I'll be the first to admit I know little about anatomy (ACt), or genetics (Num). But I know a lot about certain things because, unlike you, I have an inquisitive mind about topics that interest me (psychology and astrophysics, for example).
Whatever, you just like to read and repeat shit from all I've seen. You basically claim that you know what everyone else knows since you never put up anything original.

Quote:
YOU, on the other hand, arbitrarily dismiss anything anyone posts that follows logic and science to fulfill this obscene notion that follows the Assassin's Creed "there is no truth, everything is permitted" or some stupid bullshit that eliminates the likelihood of you ever being wrong.
It has nothing to do with me ever being wrong, it has to do with your concept of wrong being egotistical.

I dismiss nothing as a possibility and love to discuss what possibilities entail, I only dismiss improper dismissal of possibilities, and put as much faith in probability as I do in winning the lottery.

Kind of funny how you are accusing me of the very behavior you all exhibit that makes me not want to discuss with you at all.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-08-2012 at 01:53 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:08 AM   #509
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,723
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Bullshit. If you "[didn't] want to discuss with [us]" you wouldn't fucking be discussing with us. You're an idiot, you do not understand probability in the least and you have no idea what it means to properly dismiss a claim; anyone who has even a shred of sense would tell you that.

Dismissing possibilities is exactly how the world progresses. Do you think we could have gone to the moon is we had not rejected the geocentric model? Do you think we would have modern medicine if we just chose a remedy at random because we believed any cure was a possibility?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-08-2012), kael03 (02-08-2012), Miburo (02-08-2012), xxMESTxx (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #510
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,954
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Gonna sit back and see where this is going now.. this last lil exchange here was pretty fun but looks liek you uys are gonan try n give a character lesson so I'll be back when it gets interesting
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.