Should Drugs Be Legalized? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 01-30-2005, 12:35 AM   #1
horus
Missing-Nin

horus is an unknown quantity at this point
Should Drugs Be Legalized?

I dont know u tell me?
horus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2005, 12:39 AM   #2
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

Kagami Kyoji is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by horus
I dont know u tell me?
I will tell you the truth...ur an idiot! hahaha j/k

Anyways this is a topic that has been discussed in the United Sates mainly due to the fact that many see drugs and alcohol as substances which should be baned. Well let me tell you that NO ONE has EVER died from Marijuana.

Other drugs are more lethal and I am not 100% sure about those but Marijuana is one that should be legalized since it is NOT strong enough to poison or kill anyone...the comercials are stupid and falsified.

"To remove liberty from will is to remove morality from one's acts"

Kagami Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:42 AM   #3
Black Rose
Genin

Black Rose is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that some drugs should be. I mean, whats the point. It's like putting a box in front of a little kid and saying not to open it. The kids gonna do it anyway, just like the more people tell us not to the more we are gonna do it.
Drugs are okay used not to be abused. That's my statement and I'm sticking to it.

Black Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:42 AM   #4
horus
Missing-Nin

horus is an unknown quantity at this point
yes they are i second that... the commercials are dumb... because when ur high nuttin really happens but ur out of it.. but alchohol on the other hand people can die. it is a proven fact. but i think if they drink that much and want to be a idiot they deserve it.. kinda harsh but it's the truth
horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:55 AM   #5
young naruto315
Chuunin

young naruto315 is an unknown quantity at this point
no drugs should be legalized..NONE!!!... i know waht happens when you do them and its worse than death or cancer....losing your entire chidhood memories...

"The Guitar is the soul sending a message through just six strings." -Eddie Lee
young naruto315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 01:03 AM   #6
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by young naruto315
no drugs should be legalized..NONE!!!... i know waht happens when you do them and its worse than death or cancer....losing your entire chidhood memories...
um...right! First off you will not loose all of your memories as a child...lol...I have no idea where you got this. Also not legalizing them only allows for the bed people to control the market. Heroine is cheaper now than it was 50 years ago. Also when you put something like that without regulations into the hands of dealers etc you are funding them but also supporting them. I am sure you know what happened when we tried to ban alcohol...choas..we had more deaths and trouble back then than ever. Ask any professor in criminology...drugs like marijuana etc not only do not harm anyone but it is better to allow the government to control them than dealers.

Also, marijuana is NOT a gateway drug...that is crap. Studies show that most of the time people go in that direction of thier own accord. Plus we are locking up so called "criminals" who are people like me and you...go after some REAL criminals. We waste billions of dollards to stop this when we can profit from this. How would you like to get a markup of over 7 billion dollars.

Old 01-30-2005, 01:48 AM   #7
crewshiukaz
Chuunin

crewshiukaz is an unknown quantity at this point
uh..pot maybe..dunno
Old 01-30-2005, 01:56 AM   #8
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute
I think that ALL drugs should be legalized, and i mean every last one. My reason for this is simple, it will stop or atleast greatly lower the drug related deaths that occur. Im talking about when people steal drugs and get killed for it, or people killing just to get their next "fix". Weed is harmful, its just like cigarettes, just 10 times worse. Long term use will cause memory loss, a reduction of brain cells (meaning you get more dumber then you already are), and not to mention the same bad things that happen from ciggarettes. Anyone who says otherwise is only trying to convience themselves that theyre not harming themselves, when infact they are. Now back to my "Why I want drugs legalized" thing. If people want to use drugs and if they overdose or die from using them long term, good, one less idiot in this world. This would free up much needed space in our jails for the criminals who have killed, raped, or robbed others. Also this will generate an ungodly amount of revenue for the government if drugs were legalized. Now im only saying legalize them to the general public, by no means am i saying remove the "No drugs in sports" rule, or the rules that businesses have about their employees using drugs. Aslong as your in your home getting high or whatever it is you do, thats kool, but just dont goto work/school fucked up.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:00 AM   #9
Black Rose
Genin

I agree with Shino almost 100%
(There's a slight .2% on some of the things he said.)

Old 01-30-2005, 02:03 AM   #10
Kagami Kyoji
Jounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose
I agree with Shino almost 100%
(There's a slight .2% on some of the things he said.)
Which are...

Anyways although I do not advocate legalizing ALL drugs I dont advocate against it.

Also, for reference you cannot overdose from marijuana unless maybe you smoke soooo much that...I have no clue.

It's a FACT marijuana is simply not toxic enough to cause sufficient damage to kill someone...maybe seriously harm them but not kill. NO one has been killed thus far and although not full proof it is pretty reasonable to agree that many people have probably done almost everything with weeb thus far.

I am not sure what Shino meant but I think he was refering to other drugs but just in case...

EDIT: Sry Shino...got confused! -.-'

Last edited by Kagami Kyoji; 01-30-2005 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:04 AM   #11
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute
i wasnt talking about overdosing on weed, i was speaking of drugs in general, and yes i know its almost 99% impossable to overdose on reefer....well, actually i guess if you smoked somuch you passed out that might count, and we all know what can happen then, drown in your own vomit(Sadly thats the same way Hendrix died)

Gamertag: ShinoNC

Last edited by Shino; 01-30-2005 at 02:09 AM.
Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:12 AM   #12
Black Rose
Genin

Okay. I'm gonna come out and say it.

Hi, my name is Rose Reaper and I like pot. I smoke it at least three times a week and I live a perfectly normal life. There's nothing wrong with it and I'm not ashamed.
They use false statments about drugs on t.v.. You do not commit awful crimes when you're high. I think that pot is good for you, it helps the mind and body. Some drugs should never be used such as acid or crack because that can really do damage. Or at least, that is what I think.

Old 01-30-2005, 10:31 AM   #13
Lily229
Jounin

Lily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose
Okay. I'm gonna come out and say it.

Hi, my name is Rose Reaper and I like pot. I smoke it at least three times a week and I live a perfectly normal life. There's nothing wrong with it and I'm not ashamed.
They use false statments about drugs on t.v.. You do not commit awful crimes when you're high. I think that pot is good for you, it helps the mind and body. Some drugs should never be used such as acid or crack because that can really do damage. Or at least, that is what I think.
I agree. Pot is nothing like acid, sure to much of it can be but still not as bad. Smoking it like once or twice a week is not wrong but I think healthy. Now, going around like they portray on t.v. is a little over board, but even then it's exaggeratted. Everyone reacts to it differently and I see no harm in it. I do it to, hell more than her and I'm fine. It helps me relax and deal with life. (I'm a very angry girl) But I'm not going around stealing money off my grandmother to get a quick buzz, if I don't have money I just sit and read. I'm fine with or without it and I stand behind the legalization anyday. Those people are hypocryts(sp) up in office. I bet that they smoke more dope in one hour than I do in a week.
And like Rose said before, the more ban stickers you put on something the more people are gonna do it. Like the forbbidden fruit. We can't resist tasting the one thing we are not allowed to have because we think that it makes it all the sweeter. So, my theory is that a lot of teens and junk won't think it cool anymore by making it legal, so there's less people right there. They say humanity is so complex when really we are very simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja
*sighs* Horny nee-san. -_-
Horny, pervy nee-san. -_-
*sighs* Oh wow nee-san. -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sakura*
lily- =___='''''''''''''''''''''
*points* from my Nii-chan to me ^^ and don't forget *Sakura*

I'm in college now ^^
Lily229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:45 AM   #14
nma
ANBU

nma is an unknown quantity at this point
No they shouldn't. Weed is just as bad as alcohol, once you're under the influence you don't know what you are doing. Being high and driving is just as bad as being drunk. Oh and Kagami, weed is harmful to you. It kills brain cells and sperm, smoke to much and you could be come a sterile retard.

nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:50 AM   #15
Lily229
Jounin

Lily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura aboutLily229 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma
No they shouldn't. Weed is just as bad as alcohol, once you're under the influence you don't know what you are doing. Being high and driving is just as bad as being drunk. Oh and Kagami, weed is harmful to you. It kills brain cells and sperm, smoke to much and you could be come a sterile retard.
That's not always true. Weed effects people differently. True, it kills sprem but is that really all that bad. And about the brain cells thing, yes it kills them but you have to have control. Doing it regularly like breathing can be harmful to you but doing it like 2-3 times a week will not kill you. And about the driving thing, that is not always true. Getting high is all in the mind. If you have total control then you can drive just as good as someone who is not under the infulence of drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja
*sighs* Horny nee-san. -_-
Horny, pervy nee-san. -_-
*sighs* Oh wow nee-san. -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sakura*
lily- =___='''''''''''''''''''''
*points* from my Nii-chan to me ^^ and don't forget *Sakura*

I'm in college now ^^
Lily229 is offline   Reply With Quote