Superman Blows - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Movies & Television

Movies & Television Talk about your favorite classic or new movies here and also talk about your favorite television shows!

Old 06-28-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Pride
Change is coming

Pride will become famous soon enoughPride will become famous soon enough
Superman Blows

Yeah, dont waste your money. Superman return lows, it has fa to much ironic humor, some is fine, but EVERYTHIGN was ironic.. he tried to had, and the actor for superman sucked. anyways as i said, dont waste your money.

[1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2]
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2006, 03:54 PM   #2
KrAZyNiNjABoY
-Kureji Ninja-

KrAZyNiNjABoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superman Blows

alrite..... i trust you... besides i wanna see click
Old 06-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
Smeeeeee
Asian Sensation

Smeeeeee will become famous soon enoughSmeeeeee will become famous soon enough

did u guys know the actor that plays superman is really gay in real life? LOL he likes guys LOL

I AM THE ASIAN SENSATION!
Smeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:35 PM   #4
xXmagnesiumXx
'光和雨

xXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enough

gay!? lol
but i still want to see it. really good reviews from teen people & others
xXmagnesiumXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
Garra1
Academy Student

Garra1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have anything against superman i just hate him he's not really all that great.HA HA
Old 06-29-2006, 11:55 AM   #6
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

I wont go see the movie because that would be supporting a gay person....jk. I might see it if I am bored as hell on Saturday just to say "I saw it".
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:11 PM   #7
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

To be honest, it isn't as bad as the old Superman movies. In fact, I like it better than the others. The acting isn't superb, but no comic book movie ever is. The plot was interesting, the graphics are incredible, and the fights are awesome. I have some problems with it (as a comic book nerd), but it is easy enough to get over it.

The move is more like 6.5 out of 10.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #8
palmereap
Kage

palmereap has a spectacular aura aboutpalmereap has a spectacular aura aboutpalmereap has a spectacular aura aboutpalmereap has a spectacular aura about

whoa well i see you didnt rate it too well...well i probaly wont bother going to wacht it bbut it some one gets it as a dvd i might wacht it
palmereap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:35 PM   #9
slayer91
Hunter-Nin

slayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to behold

thanks for telling me! i was going to see it in a few days
I am what I am
slayer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:50 PM   #10
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

I always prefer the originals. I miss ol' Chrissy Reeves ;__- But yeh, when it comes out here, i'll watch it anyways..
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:33 PM   #11
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

I like how people take Pride's critique over any other person's.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1807839024/critic

The lowest one is a C-. ...And so you know, Batman Begins got a D+ from one guy and that movie was fantastic. Most of his grades are in the B range, even from average joes' reviews.

SPOILERS BELOW! FAIRLY WARNED BE YE!

The main reason people don't like the film is because it ISN'T like the old ones with Reeves. No, the new Kent doesn't get as downright nerdy. So? He portrayed that just fine. He fumbles much more around Lois, but perhaps it is because he has much more to make up for because of his absence?

And Lois doesn't just melt when she sees Superman. Remember: He left for a long time and she got over him. She has ALWAYS portrayed a strong, independent woman. She has moved on, so of course she doesn't drool all over herself.

There is also some complaint about Superman's powers appearing a little off. Yeah, he fucked up because he couldn't catch the plane quickly and very well... Yet he is able to lift up a HUGE land mass and throw it into space. Now why is this? I've got a very damn good reason: He wanted to catch the plane without it smashing to pieces against his body. If he just used raw force, he'd kill everyone inside it! He can't just stop it like he would an incoming missile, otherwise it'd tear on him like tissue paper. It requires FINESSE.

Luthor was really neat. I don't like Kevin Spacey as an actor, but he did very well with the character. He wrapped it all around himself. Some people bitch that the movie made him more likeable than Superman for the first half of the film. Well guess what? That's what makes him a good villain! Luthor IS likeable and he is supposed to be that way. Psychopaths have, according to history of vicious killers, always actually been likeable. (Ted Bundy was EXTREMELY well liked... It's how he FOOLED people.)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:38 PM   #12
slayer91
Hunter-Nin

slayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to beholdslayer91 is a splendid one to behold

i dont trust cridics.....they r always wrong....they said the day after tomarrow was a bad movie but it was actually a amazing movie.......it also depends on what kind of movies u like i know i mostlikely like the same kind of movies as pride so i am taking his word over the cridics
I am what I am
slayer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:36 PM   #13
srmark
Genin

srmark is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was an excellent movie. My only problem with it was the choice of an actress for Lois Lane. She is no Margot Kidder.
srmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:20 AM   #14
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

Not bad. But i wouldn't spend money on it. too late for that :_;

The action was so-so, the story was kinda disappointing, and lacking some how. I don't like how that lady just threw away the crystals, and that was that. :/
It occurred to me that the trailer for Spiderman 3 seemed cooler than the movie Superman Returns. But, i guess it seemed lamer than it really is because i was expecting more.
The only thing that really caught my eye was superman's looks. And probably Kevin Spacey's acting. lol Luthor was cool, and his evil mastermind plan was cool too.
But nothing really... happened. :/

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:24 AM   #15
_hinata_
Special Jounin

_hinata_ is on a distinguished road

Didnt watch the movie yet, but I think I saw a scene where a guy shot Superman in the eye and the bullet kinda got crushed into pieces... O.O My friend and I thought that that looked "woahh" but I think that was it.. ^^;;
<3 <(".<) <3
_hinata_ is offline   Reply With Quote