The secret of nerds - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 07-09-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
Corbenk
Kuchin

Corbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these parts
The secret of nerds

I went to an anime convention yesterday... Holy shit, nerds need o stop being so fucking dumb.

To start off with, there was an hour and a half wait to get into the dealers room/Market place. Why you ask? Well, some of the sellers thought it was a good idea to bring and sell a shit load of bootlegged merchandise. The dealers room was a drag, the only good thing was the one copy of .Hack//Sign complete collection for $79.99, and yes, I fought to get it. (It is normally $219 up here). I guess there were soem cool weapons...

Which brings me to my next point. Apparently, when you are a crazed fourty year old douch... Anime fan and are in possession of a shitty 30 dollar rip off shinai, you suddenly become a master at kendo... Actually, excuse that, they were not even doing kendo, they were fighting with sticks. I mean, fuck, it was funny enough seing some huge fat guy dressed up as an anime character, but you have not seen a true nerd until you have seen what this guy did.

He bent down sepherioth style, stayed in that position for about 2 minutes acting 'intimidating", took the shinai out of it's invisible sheath and attacked the other douche bag with a one handed shinai style. Now, maybe you people do not understand just how stupid this is. See, for one, when he bent down he opened up his men target,(head gear) for two minutes. In kendo, this could lead to.. maybe 10, 20 points against you. Secondly, if you hold a shinai with one hand, you wrist will snap. You will break you hand in a real shiai match. No if's ands or buts about it.

By the end of their 45 minute epic battle, the kissaki(leather tip) was torn off and the 4 bamboo segments were falling apart.

That usually happens..... After a year of hard core fighting, at least, in my kendo class. The shear shittyness of these shinai was amazing.

In closing, anime conventions suck.

First one to reply with "Corbenk>tom" INCLUDING THE QUOTATION MARKS, get 20 000 points.
Corbenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
Dosu189
Missing-Nin

Dosu189 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The secret of nerds

"Corbenk>Tom"
And yeah...Conventions suck.
Dosu189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

You're so going to be a critic of something or other when you're older.
But yeah, fat, cosplaying, unaccurate nerds DO suck.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #4
ApatheticDimwit
ಠ_ಠ

ApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these partsApatheticDimwit is infamous around these parts

XD anime conventions get kinda boring after a while...some of the cosplayers scare the crap out of me though ..man faye...anyyways i just walk around and buy art at the artist alley, the dealers room bores me.
ApatheticDimwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

lol@"Corbenk>Tom"
Anyway, cosplay is just lame in general. I have no idea how people embarrass themselves like that.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:51 AM   #6
typhoon_4434
Missing-Nin

typhoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these parts

cosplay just sucks
except for their wicked weapons they make, they're fun to mess around with, but not to the degree you explained.

Don't dis the nerds, you're gonna be working for one, someday
typhoon_4434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:49 AM   #7
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold

WHY in the hell did you even go

cmon corbenk i taught you better than that, besides theres no need to make fun of fat 40 yr old anime nerds, they do that themselves
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

lmao.......never been to a convention so yeah i wouldnt know>.>.....
Old 07-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #9
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

rofl...how sad.

Do you wanna see what scared me when i went with kitty and goku100 and co?

AND

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...6/DSC00123.jpg

Ichigo had a double chin =O
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #10
lufia
Genin

lufia is an unknown quantity at this point

omg i want to go. i fully jump on these cosplay dudes and beat them up with a rubber sword, sounds fun lol. cosplay fighting is ownage, just tackle them down :P then tackle the next person down and slap them with your rubber sword. and if someone complains they are injured cause of you, say your sephiroth.

my unworthy sons ...convert to the darkside my child >D evil fc co-leader & member of square-enix fc
My love is SasuSaku4life!

Last edited by lufia; 07-10-2006 at 01:11 PM.
lufia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #11
Shikamaru
░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░

Location: Although I may not go down in history I will however go down on your sister
Shikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to beholdShikamaru is a splendid one to behold

ok jumping on some sweaty fat dude really doesn't sound fun, bud

maybe a nice female faye
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:03 PM   #12
taelmx
WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!

taelmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoon_4434
cosplay just sucks
except for their wicked weapons they make, they're fun to mess around with, but not to the degree you explained.

Don't dis the nerds, you're gonna be working for one, someday
I've had at least 5 kids say that to me in electronics class....."Don't make fun of him(me, Hideki), he'll be the one making video games (and shit), and you'll be the slacker playing them."
Old 07-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #13
Rath
Hokuto

Rath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these parts

the only good cosplayers are the ones that are known all over the internet, in other words if you want to meet some good cosplayers don't even bother going to any conventions.

~psttt...click my 'stache~

and now most likely deceased *sniff*

FanClub
~The Legend of Zelda FC~
~Akatsuki FC~
~Kakashi FC~

Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #14
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

..... idk about your conventions, but the annual convention in hawaii if pretty cool. Because we don't have a bunch of idiots that are anime crazed, but actual level-minded people that will cosplay for fun and not actually do what those guys did.
Sounds pretty dumb to me. I mean, Yea, i'm all for acting silly if and when I cosplay, but imitating an anime character's pose for 2 straight minutes? DUMB.

I really hate it when they try to use japanese words, and make it sound really... un-japanese-y. >.< I heard that at the last convention I went to, and I probably would've laughed at the guy if he wasn't a foot taller than me.

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:40 PM   #15
SHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545
Genin

SHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545 will become famous soon enoughSHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545 will become famous soon enoughSHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545 will become famous soon enough

LoL! That story reminds me of my 3rd grade cousin imitating Yu-Gi-Oh, that was funny! But yea, when ppl dress up for cosplay they should pick a character that picks them. A fat guy shouldn't dress up as a skinny anime character! Even I admit that to myself! I'm not fit enough to dress up as Yorouichi or Soi Fong (but that doesn't mean I'm fat! I'm average, which means I'm skinnier than most! Especially that guy from the pic OffTheChain posted up!)!!

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ÇHïÑ€§€ ®€Ð ð®åg¤ñ ßåßë°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

SHiNiGaMiSHiNoBi545 is offline   Reply With Quote