Newbie making dumb threads - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Main Lounge > Questions & Suggestions

Questions & Suggestions Post your questions or suggestions for this forum right here! We'll make sure to respond! Forum related questions only!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of
Newbie making dumb threads

Can someone please make it so these guys with 2 post aren't making threads. Could you make it so that you have to have at least 150 post or something to beable to make a thread. Or am i just being a dick

Old 07-18-2006, 11:51 PM   #2
rokudaime
Genin

rokudaime has a spectacular aura aboutrokudaime has a spectacular aura aboutrokudaime has a spectacular aura aboutrokudaime has a spectacular aura aboutrokudaime has a spectacular aura about
Re: Newbie making dumb threads

that might be a little extreme sirbenoit lol

*Tsukiyomi**Amaterasu**Susanoo* - Techniques of the Gods
<--Co-Owner (I'll fix my banner one day)

You're the only shinobi in the world who can surpass the fourth.

Co-Owner of:
NaruHina FC
Kakashi Gaiden

Old 07-18-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
Corbenk
Kuchin

Corbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these parts

I get what your saying. Most newbs are nubs and make dumb threads. However, not every newbie is like that. I think the problem lies with the forum. We are a naruto forum, and the american naruto attracted a lot of younger viewers. So we have a lot of younger folk accessing the forum, these kids usually have not used forums before and are simply inexperienced. When I first started using forums, I too typed shit like

'OMG Dos ne1 lik henai i do i dont thing its gros or nethign bcuz in pron thosewemon ave to do tat and stuf lolbbq"

However, not all people are like that. There are some newbies who, before joining nl, have used forums many times before, are mature and can hold up a good argument. An example would be DarkAztek, when he joined he was sensible, followed the rules and had some good suggestions for the forum. There are many newbies like that, but for everyone of them, there are 10 annoying nubs.

So, it would not be fair to people who are fair headed, smart and mature. Even though recently there have been a lot of newbs making dumb threads, we can not punish all people for the actions of a few. Besides, we have mods to delete that spam. Of course, they do not always catch everything, but that is what the report button is for. If you see a post in need of moving or closing/deleting, click the red and white triangle under the posters avatar, join date, location, posts and points and explane why you are reporting the post and what should be done.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:01 AM   #4
Asa Kujaku
Academy Student

Asa Kujaku is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, Corbenk.

I was compelled to answer his question, but then I realized my lack of post count might not make my argument very important, or very tangible.

Yes, since Naruto is, sadly, view by too many young children that lack the capacity of constructing a sentence correctly, it might seem like all American Naruto fans are unintelligent.

But that is not always the case. I have used forums for a long time, and I am proud to say that I am an informed Naruto Fan. I have never seen an English Episode; all I watch is subbed.

Thanks for speaking up about us, the intelligent n00b minority.

YOSH! Youth, the Springtime of my Youth!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:15 AM   #5
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

I know what your saying, But let them get use to the threads and there idea. Then by the time they get to 50 post theyll know what to do. I've been seeing kid that just started that have 10 threads and 12 post and the threads are all stuff thats been talkd about. Plus they dont seem to know any of the rules. Like in the anime when they ask when the fillers are going to end or postin manga pics in that section to be a dick. Sorry im not trying to insult all newbies, just some.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:52 AM   #6
xXmagnesiumXx
'光和雨

xXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enough

nah. make it 20 or something, because 150 is a lot
Old 07-19-2006, 12:57 AM   #7
Kansuke
Genin

Kansuke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell yeah, and people who have been here forever and decide to post, it's all...what, dumb. Besdies, I'm american and I know most of the TRUE naruto stuff, the people who just learned about it........I don't wanna even.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:12 AM   #8
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,471 Times in 3,663 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Tell you how we sort out the n00b problem?
If you post in a thread that's consigned to Dumbasses Unite twice, you get a ban. If you make a dumbass thread, auto-ban.
Noticed that the same people make and post those threads?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:22 AM   #9
bloodreapress
Jounin

Location: Everywhere at anytime I can see whatever is going on
bloodreapress is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon
Tell you how we sort out the n00b problem?
If you post in a thread that's consigned to Dumbasses Unite twice, you get a ban. If you make a dumbass thread, auto-ban.
Noticed that the same people make and post those threads?
That's a pretty good idea. And I think it should be a 50-post limit, not 150.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #10
nelsonkong
S-Ranked Shinobi

nelsonkong is an unknown quantity at this point

whatever 6n6 said..

(Closed)

Ma Sis : Sakatsu, Bubblezio
Closed Thread