One Piece 657 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
One Piece 657

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/657

Enjoy.

Holy shit things have gotten even more weird.

Angels, giant children, hot Nami.......

Needless to say this place truly lives up to the NW hype. The Samurai's manners confirms a thought I had. Wano evolved slower and is still in the equivalent of the Japanese edo period, it will be cool seeing the SHs in a land with such different customs.

Sweet chapter, Franky was awesome, Luffy was goofy as usual and I can't wait for more. This will be quite a ride.

Last edited by Dagoro; 02-15-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-15-2012), NeoKakarott023 (02-15-2012), Numinous (02-15-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-15-2012)

Old 02-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: One Piece 657

Funny ass shit, Chopper = Priceless. Its fun, I dig it. Luffy's a fucking fool, I luv this Dude.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

There should be a correlation between these kids and the giant skull Luffy's group came across as they entered PH. This place screams testing lab, that winged person might be one of the results of experiments being conducted there.

We might be seeing Vegapunk soon.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
op101
Genin

op101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Winged lady seemed sinister.
op101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

What the Samurai said validates the testing grounds theory. I bet that giant near the entrance of the island tried to come and rescue a child and got taken out by the PH defenses.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Was a good chapter quite enjoyed.

First off, pretty sure this has to be Law now. I mean he slashed the samurai and thats how his body got like that. If it isnt Law that the only possible thing that I can even think of is Vegapunk is trying to replicate that power just like he was able to copy that admirals power into the Pacifistas. Its the Admiral in yellow cant remember his name.

The Wano country sounds awesome, was hoping it would like be more traditional samurai Japan. Cant wait to see it, and especially the Straw Hats in it, there going to look so out of place.

No idea what to make of this Angel woman, I mentioned that I think this place might be were Vegapunk experiments with different devil fruits, e.g, the dog / gun fruit thing. So guessing shes something like that.

Franky Radical Beam awesome beyond words. Although I'm wondering what Brook going to do now, think hes going to be badass like in Thriller Bark and go on a solo mission slashing everyone again.

Big babys ? So confused now. Are they trying to breed Giants or something ?
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
Its the Admiral in yellow cant remember his name.
Kizaru

Quote:
Big babys ? So confused now. Are they trying to breed Giants or something ?
It is something along those lines. The Samurai came to PH to try and rescue his son, this makes me think that he giant skull belonged to a parent giant trying to do the same.

If this is linked to Vegapunk than holy shit the WG is ridiculously sinister, even more so than before.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

I'm a centaur! Luffy never fails to make me lol.

There is also a potential of running into Vegapunk and Law is somehow involved in this. Damn, can't seem to figure out where this story is headed.

Imagine once the SH reach the country of Wano. The men will flip once they gaze at Nami and Robin.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Enh, wasn't thrilled with this one. The assembling of the head was fun but the rest rather boring. Waiting for actual plot, though the Samurai said what we're all thinking - why is Nami only wearing a bra and why are we all strangely OK with it?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #10
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
why is Nami only wearing a bra and why are we all strangely OK with it?
Who would complain ?

Although, I don't like Nami's current design. She doesn't need j cup boobs to be awesome.
Quote:
The assembling of the head was fun but the rest rather boring.
I'm the complete opposite.

This type of development is my cup of tea. World building is one of Oda's strong points and PH has not disappointed me. Dragons, Angels/Harpies and giants on a half burning/half frozen island and this is just the beginning.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ronnie_10 (02-16-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
op101
Genin

op101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wouldn't it be funny if PH is the island that Aokiji and Akainu fought on? Would explain the whole lava/ice thing :P Hahaha
op101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
Wouldn't it be funny if PH is the island that Aokiji and Akainu fought on? Would explain the whole lava/ice thing :P Hahaha
That is becoming less likely to me with every chapter. Even though it could be possible, the island has a lot more activity than Smoker and Tashigi know. Unless who ever is behind this set up shop after Aokiji and Akainu totaled the place this could just be a strange island.

We have lightning raining on Raijin island so any wacky climate is on the table.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-15-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
It is something along those lines. The Samurai came to PH to try and rescue his son, this makes me think that he giant skull belonged to a parent giant trying to do the same.

If this is linked to Vegapunk than holy shit the WG is ridiculously sinister, even more so than before.
Well first off thanks for reminding me of his name

And just a little point to consider about the whole possibilite of breeding giants and the WG being more sinister than before.

The new Head of the marines is the Lava Ex-Admiral (( Akainu ? Sorry bad with names today :P )) we've all seen the drastic measures that he will go to for Absoulte Justice, breeding an army of giants seems like childs play for him in my books.

But im getting more hyped up now for Vegapunk, i mean even if hes not in this actually like arc Im sure we will find out some more about him. Hes one of the mysterious guys of this manga that im dying to get to know about, just like Dragon, Kuma and Shanks.

Just a small note if you go back to the page were there assembling his head, if you look at him for a moment does it remind you of the Sky Island guy apart of the Supernovas ? Increases his strength to fight ? I know its not him but there is some similarity there, well to me anyways.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #14
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Who would complain ?

Although, I don't like Nami's current design. She doesn't need j cup boobs to be awesome.
It's just a comic book. Going for titillation is fine, but when you make it a constant of a character it becomes pointless. It is the difference between Nami never wearing a shirt and Robin disrobing because the world is on fire.

Quote:
I'm the complete opposite.

This type of development is my cup of tea. World building is one of Oda's strong points and PH has not disappointed me. Dragons, Angels/Harpies and giants on a half burning/half frozen island and this is just the beginning.
True, but it is a dragon that was easily defeated and other introductions that may or may not mean anything. They are fast introductions and may just fall by the wayside if nothing is done with them. The key development is the chopped up samurai at this point. I'll wait for more plot to see how I feel about giant kids and flying whatevers. The dragon was a disappointment.

@op101 - I also thought of that connection, but feel there wouldn't be too many denizens left after said fight. Seems too active, as if they were accustomed to the island's nature.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down

Last edited by ACt; 02-15-2012 at 11:30 AM.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #15
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
True, but it is a dragon that was easily defeated and other introductions that may or may not mean anything. They are fast introductions and may just fall by the wayside if nothing is done with them. The key development is the chopped up samurai at this point. I'll wait for more plot to see how I feel about giant kids and flying whatevers. The dragon was a disappointment.
The way I see this is the same as when they first landed on the Grandline and made their way to Little Garden. They saw dinosaurs for the first time yet Sanji and Zoro were able to easily kill them and this was WAY back in the beginning before they powered up. How much different is a dragon from a dinosaur anyway? Albeit, this dragon is only a little stronger than a regular dinosaur plus has thicker hide. And lets not forget the kinds of animals Luffy and Zoro had to fight in their two years apart. So Zoro and Luffy easily defeating the dragon didn't surprise me a bit.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote