Fairy Tail 272 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
killerrabbit9
Chuunin

killerrabbit9 will become famous soon enoughkillerrabbit9 will become famous soon enough
Fairy Tail 272

Its out!

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99679570/1

I'm expecting people to bitch about her using Urano Metria. Either this whole time she couldn't use it again because she didn't have enough magic power or she forgot it and someone, maybe Caprico retaught her. In other news Raven Tail cheats themselves to another win, despite Natsu's new uber hearing. If all his senses have improved for some reason, it could give him an edge. Anybody think OBRA could be LIBRA? In that case look for Lucy to gain another key this arc. If next chapter going to feature a guy with black lightning then I'm guessing Laxus is going be fighting too, cause Lighting vs. Black Lightning.
ask me anything (02-24-2012), KatrinaKatt (02-24-2012)

Old 02-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of
Re: Fairy Tail 272

wow, didnt see that end coming, wtf. Hate that fairy tails is looking like chumps, yeah lucy shouldve won but still no points

SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBenoit For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-24-2012)
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

For once, I want Natsu to go into Nakama mode and crack some skulls.

It's not a surprise that this chapter got a bit of a response from me, my respect for Lucy went up a bit in the last chapter after all.

Last edited by Dagoro; 02-24-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Well that was a good chapter.

I was a little shocked at the Raven Tail girl though, when she was going to brand Lucy kinda sent a chill down my back if you get what I mean.

I like that they brought Urano Metria again I mean its an awesome attack but with no clue how to learn it beside the Archive Magic download. My guess is that Caprico had the info to teach it to Lucy, then she had the idea of using Gemini to make up for the not enough magic. Was a good idea.

I actually thought that we would get to see the a hint at the parcel Lucy dad left for her, only two things I can think are a pen, or the most obvious a new key which how i thought she was going to win.

That bunny from Blue Pegasus still has me in stitches drinking champagne during the match :P
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

I really can't believe a tournament of this size wouldn't take precautions to prevent & monitor cheating/outside interference from taking place.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Gakure (02-25-2012)
Old 02-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

^ Yeah, the cheating was a bit much, but then, I don't remember rules about interfering in the one-on-one.

I have no problem with the power up - the whole time thing was leading to that type of random new power. What bugged me was the "I surrender". Lame. I mean, quit when you have such abilities left? Terrible character from Lucy that requires Natsu once more. She had been doing so well, too.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
KatrinaKatt
▫◊▫ Uchiha Kitty ▫◊▫

KatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the rough

Hair girl was all talk, and tricks No substance.

I can't believe it wasn't obvious that there was interference there...

Kinda disappointed she didn't get the credit for the win, but I'll settle for knowing that Lucy kicked some ass in these last 2 chapters

Uchiha Kitty ^.^
WARNING: Looking into her eyes MAY forcefully cause you to add to her Reputation
(And, receive some back as a result!... Make sure to leave your name!)

Mission: Deliver this Top Secret Scroll
Do not open!

Bzzzzzt!

As you open the scroll you realize it's a trap! A bright light flashes, and you feel the uncontrollable urge to pass Reputation to KatrinaKatt.

Hours later, after the scroll's power wears off on you, you realize what had happened. "Darn it!! That Uchiha Kitty got me again!"

Curiosity killed the Cat, after all.
KatrinaKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaKatt View Post
Hair girl was all talk, and tricks No substance.

I can't believe it wasn't obvious that there was interference there...

Kinda disappointed she didn't get the credit for the win, but I'll settle for knowing that Lucy kicked some ass in these last 2 chapters
Well, it seems only people of high level magic noticed it. I'm surprised Yajima didn't say anything considering he is an announcer and also a respected mage.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (02-24-2012)
Old 02-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
What bugged me was the "I surrender". Lame. I mean, quit when you have such abilities left? Terrible character from Lucy that requires Natsu once more. She had been doing so well, too.

I'm not sure why you think her trying to surrender was lame? Care to explain.

I mean that other chick was threatening a little kid and all, so it's not like Lucy could do anything. It wouldn't take but a moment for that crazy chick to kill that kid if she wanted too, and that magic Lucy did at the end took a few seconds to power up. So really, Lucy had no choice in the matter. Given the circumstances, surrendering at that point was probably the best option. No reason to needlessly get beat up when you don't have anything to gain from it.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
I really can't believe a tournament of this size wouldn't take precautions to prevent & monitor cheating/outside interference from taking place.
Maybe nothing was done because more people aside from that knight are involved with Zeref. Possibly Raven tail as well, but the old guy will probably look into it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (02-24-2012)
Old 02-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
I'm not sure why you think her trying to surrender was lame? Care to explain.

I mean that other chick was threatening a little kid and all, so it's not like Lucy could do anything. It wouldn't take but a moment for that crazy chick to kill that kid if she wanted too, and that magic Lucy did at the end took a few seconds to power up. So really, Lucy had no choice in the matter. Given the circumstances, surrendering at that point was probably the best option. No reason to needlessly get beat up when you don't have anything to gain from it.
She was fairly competitive throughout the fight, determined to show her strength and then under a minor hold, decides she can't win because the girl is threatening a little kid who is surrounded by her friends? I mean, why not summon someone to attack like she did Gemini anyway while attempting to warn Fairy Tail? We didn't see half her summonings and she clearly wasn't out of power and her fighting style is uniquely suited to this type of fight. The hair woman focuses on Lucy, Lucy summons someone and knocks out hair woman who no longer can attack little kid.

So many options and she gave in. I understand that it was a tournament and not real life battle, but those are not the type of decisions I expect Lucy to make at this stage.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Well, I think it's pretty damn obvious that Mashima wants the readers to hate RT. I hope the knight guy turns out to be legit, I hate when interesting characters go to waste.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #13
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
She was fairly competitive throughout the fight, determined to show her strength and then under a minor hold, decides she can't win because the girl is threatening a little kid who is surrounded by her friends?
I'd hardly call it a minor hold. The girls hair had the power to nullify sand tornadoes and shred Lucy's boots to pieces. What do you think it would do to a defenseless kid? Especially when the neither the kid or the people next to her are expecting such an attack. In a mere split second the crazy girl could stab the kid in the temple with her hair and pulls it back underground to avoid detection. The kid is dead before her friends knew what happened.

Quote:
I mean, why not summon someone to attack like she did Gemini anyway while attempting to warn Fairy Tail? We didn't see half her summonings and she clearly wasn't out of power and her fighting style is uniquely suited to this type of fight. The hair woman focuses on Lucy, Lucy summons someone and knocks out hair woman who no longer can attack little kid.
By the time Lucy pulls out a single key the kid would be dead. Even then she has hold the key up and say "Open gate of the ________", then have the spirit attack her hair. You really think Lucy can do all that before the crazy girl can move her hair 6 inches to kill that kid. C'mon.

Quote:
So many options and she gave in. I understand that it was a tournament and not real life battle, but those are not the type of decisions I expect Lucy to make at this stage.
Raven tail has already shown they have no problem breaking the law. They've been a dark guild for years now, and attacked Wendy just out of spite. So as far as Lucy was concerned that girls threats were to be taken seriously. Peoples lives aren't something to play around with like that. Not over some stupid points.

Last edited by ask me anything; 02-24-2012 at 11:10 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #14
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
By the time Lucy pulls out a single key the kid would be dead. Even then she has hold the key up and say "Open gate of the ________", then have the spirit attack her hair. You really think Lucy can do all that before the crazy girl can move her hair 6 inches to kill that kid. C'mon.
Just like to take what you said there and propose something.

Now yeah with ever Celestial Mage we have seen they have went to say the phrase "Open Gate of the 'blank'".

But we have seen that the Spirits can open there own gates themselves and come out and help Lucy in an emergencey.

What I'm wondering is, do they really need to mutter that phrase ? To summon the Spirits, or do you think eventually Lucy will get to the point were she will be able to summon them without having to shout them ?

From this situation we can how it can be a major disadvantage, but also its an advantage as it was against the fight with Sherry when she made it seem like she was going to summon something strong but then summoned Plue (( obviously the strongest spirit just too lazy ))
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck09 View Post
Just like to take what you said there and propose something.

Now yeah with ever Celestial Mage we have seen they have went to say the phrase "Open Gate of the 'blank'".

But we have seen that the Spirits can open there own gates themselves and come out and help Lucy in an emergencey.

What I'm wondering is, do they really need to mutter that phrase ? To summon the Spirits, or do you think eventually Lucy will get to the point were she will be able to summon them without having to shout them ?

From this situation we can how it can be a major disadvantage, but also its an advantage as it was against the fight with Sherry when she made it seem like she was going to summon something strong but then summoned Plue (( obviously the strongest spirit just too lazy ))
It's not a shout, its more of an incantation to summon, because you know, she is a mage. But then this is also a shonen series, in almost everything shonen series I've read the fighters tend to shout out their attacks prior to attacking. Its purely for aesthetics.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote