Magi 165 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 12-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Magi 165

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/magi/v12/c165/2.html

Enjoy.

Mogamett is taking me for a ride. On one hand he is obviously compassionate towards magicians, yet his school is involved in black ruhk research and manufacturing of dark metal vessels. He isn't evil, just a man willing to do what is necessary based on his world view, and he is stuck between a rock and hard place with the 2 super powers moving in on his house.

Titus will most likely die but he should not worry, Marga has Aladdin and that white haired guy.

The Sinbad chronicles are fantastic, can't wait to read them.

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-01-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road
Re: Magi 165

he is no different from other evil ..... it looks like he has compassion towards his own kind but basically its one form of rascism. If these magis loose their magic power , do u think he would be their friend again? I mean he is so bad on a whole other level. He wouldnt mind getting rid of all the people in the world if he had to. Its almost like what salazar slytherin or voldemort did (if anyone reads hp).

But yes cant wait for Sindbad's chronicals.
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
he is no different from other evil ..... it looks like he has compassion towards his own kind but basically its one form of rascism.
That can be debated since his point of view is not without merit. If he was truly evil he wouldn't tolerate non magicians period, and the people from whom he siphons magoi are not being mistreated. They get food, sex and what not and they ain't complaining.

Quote:
If these magis loose their magic power , do u think he would be their friend again?
Who knows ?

Letting go of someone you have become close with is different from throwing away or not acknowledging strangers. There is a warm side to the man, he just saved a clone, a doll with a short shelf life that he knows is working for the enemy. An evil person would not do that without an ulterior motive, which Mogamett seems not have at first glance.

Quote:
I mean he is so bad on a whole other level. He wouldnt mind getting rid of all the people in the world if he had to.
Is that why there is a shanty town filled with non magicians beneath his school ?

He wants magicians at the tiller, that is it. We need more info on the connection to al samen before getting the whole picture, but even Aladdin found Mogamett sincere.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

I donĀ“t give afuck if he is good or bad, he stood up to that ScherezadeĀ“s will without getting intimidated.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Evil? Don't be absurd. Mogamett is a complex character, one of the rare breed in a shounen. He is far from "evil".
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Pritha
Chuunin

he is just a fkin racist , thats all to it. Just coz he is currently shown helping magi's u think he might be rational. All i can say is , as alladin himself explains, he considers those without magic like animals (quite literally btw). He doesnt care and if u dont understand my analogy, compare him to magneto in X-Men, similar scenario and furthermore magneto abandons mystique when she lost her power.
His intentions for his kind maybe good , but for the whole world i dont think so

@kluang : ya , that i agree , he was just audacious but ofcourse he has a huge number of magic users following him and not to under-estimate his own powers. I am pretty sure they can hold up against one magi and probably the laem empire. But the Kou empire is another matter.

@shrike : ya i agree with you there, i mean i cant predict what he will become, he is very complicated but i still hold on to my point maybe not pure evil but evil nonetheless

Last edited by Pritha; 12-02-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Good chapter Mogamett is a racist however he isn't inherently evil. This was proven by the Rukh.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #8
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pritha View Post
he is just a fkin racist , thats all to it. Just coz he is currently shown helping magi's u think he might be rational. All i can say is , as alladin himself explains, he considers those without magic like animals (quite literally btw). He doesnt care and if u dont understand my analogy, compare him to magneto in X-Men, similar scenario and furthermore magneto abandons mystique when she lost her power.
His intentions for his kind maybe good , but for the whole world i dont think so
I view most people as animals. I think most people are stupid. Not that I ain't compassionate, I'd feel sorry for them, but I do view myself as a different breed. Mogamett is like this, only if a bit more extreme. His hatred and rationale was born because he observed the world of goi for so long that he felt sick. And his views are just realistic. Why is he irrational?

He isn't using those people in the Fifth district like cattle because he wants, but because THEY want to. They want to eat, fuck, shit, piss, and do absolutely nothing. They earn they living by being a factory of magoi.

What's wrong with any of that? The children suffering, like Marga? That's the fault of their parents who want to lead such life. In real life, you have more people who are terrible parents then those who are not. It's quite the same here. Life is such.

You expect Mogamett to be some shounen saint or shounen villain with idiotic ideals which are in the best case only fun. I am glad he isn't.

Last edited by Shrike; 12-02-2012 at 07:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #9
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Didn't know you read Magi Shrike good shit.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Shrike (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
Pritha
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post

He isn't using those people in the Fifth district like cattle because he wants, but because THEY want to. They want to eat, fuck, shit, piss, and no absolutely nothing. They earn they living by being a factory of magoi.
i just want to point this out

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/magi/v12/c155/9.html

he is fking stealing their magoi. which is equally important for their survival.
and wtf with ur reasoning that marga's suffering was their parents fault. if u say Mog is as u say he is, he should have brought the new borns up above. What did they do? Dude even if u feel that way about others , am pretty sure u wouldnt lock them up and say let me steal ur life force and inturn provide u with food.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
Pritha
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Didn't know you read Magi Shrike good shit.
This is the best I hav read so far.
Thanks vengeance for ur signatures
The Following User Says Thank You to Pritha For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #12
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Yeah, I started reading it about two years ago, I think, but then stopped after some twenty or so chapters for some reason.

It's a good manga. Balbadd arc was one of the best shounen arcs. Characters are pretty cool, and I actually find female characters one of the best. For example, Morgianna and Hakuryuu's mother, Ren Gyouken, are one of the best written characters in the manga. There are also more complex characters then your usual Shounen generally, few examples : Kassim, brother emperors of Balbadd, Mogamett, Sinbad, Hakuryuu, Dunya etc.

Some situations suffer from the horrendous shounen syndrome, unfortunately, where the faces of the "evil guys" are just drawn so because the reader should realize they are "evil", which sucks ass. The existence of black rukh also somewhat put me off because it's again black and white, but in the recent chapters black rukh is shown as something more than just an "evil power har har!", so it's getting better.

Edit : and it's actually cool that it isn't predictable at all. The Ugo being "killed" completely surprised me, for example. Although it's still a young manga compared to the "big 3", I see potential. At least it's already doing a dance of ruin all over Bleach's hide.

Last edited by Shrike; 12-02-2012 at 09:05 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Pritha (12-02-2012), Vengeance (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #13
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pritha View Post
i just want to point this out

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/magi/v12/c155/9.html

he is fking stealing their magoi. which is equally important for their survival.
and wtf with ur reasoning that marga's suffering was their parents fault. if u say Mog is as u say he is, he should have brought the new borns up above. What did they do? Dude even if u feel that way about others , am pretty sure u wouldnt lock them up and say let me steal ur life force and inturn provide u with food.
It's her parent's fault in a sense that they wanted to be down there and live like that, so their child suffers, much like many people I know have suffered because their parents had some moronic decisions in their lives.

They did nothing, correct. It would be nice of the mages to bring up the newborns and let them decided on how they want to lead their life and shit, but real world doesn't work like that. The resources aren't limitless, these people don't live in the magic land where you can eat and have fun for the rest of your life. Resources are, in this case, the goi. If it wasn't for them and THEIR wish of how to live, the mages wouldn't have anything like trees full of fruit and shit.

Do you know about natural selection? Mages are the lesser animals here, and they have suffered way more. It's only natural that they recognize their superior being and make the goi what the goi once made them be. It's actually pretty light punishment for the goi here.

You will now tell me that you cannot judge one whole race and call them goi because that is generalising and that is wrong, and I would agree, but the world doesn't agree. It's simply the way the humans work. Do you know about nations who hate each other just because their ancestors warred for ages? It's not a myth, legend or whatever. It's the real deal. Hatred bred in your bones from the day you were born.

Now listen here, now is the best part : if the goi were born and bred in that hatred, they would hunt the mages down, burn them as witches, impale them on stakes because they "didn't predict the weather right" or "gave a false antidote", and that is genocide.

And mages, who are intellectually above many goi, just wanted to practice their arts in peace. So, instead of being bread in hatred of the goi, they are bred in an environment that sees goi as tools.

What is worse?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
Pritha
Chuunin

^ i am sorry shrike, i did not read the whole thing...will do it later n reply.
But for now can i ask you one question
do u really think the people down there accepted their way of living just like that. I mean suddenly one day they just chose to be like they are now in one day. I dontthink so. I am pretty sure something really happened , maybe a war , Mogamett took over using magic, maybe. But something happened , as u see those people are really afraid of the magi's.

I agree with Mogamett actions, but the way he is approaching this whole thing is just wrong. He maybe kind but when he preaches other magic users he is just corrupting them. Even u saw what happened during the attendence count, didnt u. Marga fell ill right there and they just threw her away, when they did have a cure for her remember. I am just saying what he is doing is wrong. But he is just evil in the eyes of normal people. Thats what i mean
Old 12-03-2012, 05:52 AM   #15
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Damn I called the puppet angle. Also called the fact that he was a clone of her. ....great chapter! Maybe I have to re read it again but was the Sinbad setup not part of this chapter? It seemed like they ended the whole Titus situation with Sinbad being born. (I understand he is about to get 70 pages dedicated to his story.) Confused the hell out of me. The Lady Magi seemed kinda bitchy but I understand her plea. Also the last page with the male sitting Indian style. Could that be the Wandering Magi of the Dungeons? Just another note Mogamett said Titus's rukh was turning black or impure...maybe this could be foreshadowing. Maybe Titus will become a temporary foe of a black metal vessel to preserve his existence. Kinda intrigued with what Alibaba is up to as well.

Last edited by apacolypz; 12-03-2012 at 06:14 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote