New Member for the Straw Hats - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
J-man123
Supernova

J-man123 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Member for the Straw Hats

Hey Guys I was wondering about the next member of the straw hat crew so i made this thread this is ONLY for suggesting new people not existing people i don’t care if you think Jibe or vivi or whoever we have already seen is going to be the next member I’m talking about people we have not seen, so basically make up some random character tell us his/her ability, power etc., how they would look, age and personality I’ll start things off to give you an example.

Abilities/Power: Gunslinger, Hand to Hand fighter with insane amounts of strenth & basic control of Observation Haki & Arnament Haki

Look: Imagine Bryan Fury in Tekken 3, with bullets around his waist and chest, black hair and a Tattoo of a gun on his left arm also slighlty taller and his not a cyborg. he has two pistols down the side of his cargo pantsone big rifle on his back and a machine gun he keeps under his arm(kind like the mafia with the strap dont know what it is called) this gun also connect to the bullets around his chest. he also has two scars on his hand where he was pinned down by two swords when he was a child.

Personality: massive killer intent, very smart (about the same as Captian Kuro), brave and also a heavy alcoholic, he also has no principles of honour kind like luffy he will do anything to win a fight.
J-man123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,926 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: New Member for the Straw Hats

If a brand new character was to be introduced and eventually join the SHs, it would be funny if the character was an inexperienced Logia. Logia powers are overwhelming, and watching someone being forced to learn on the go in a sea full of Haki users would be funny.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-11-2012), NeoKakarott023 (03-11-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
CrustaceaN
-

CrustaceaN is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Ussop is enough for the Sniper.
Another Hand to Hand combatant? Sure.

SH have 2 Swordsmen, 4 Hand to Hand fighters incl. Chopper, Sniper and the females with whatever they can do.

I think besides Zoro everyone else isn't disciplined in a certain Combat Style, so I think a Girl with above average Martial Arts Skills and CoA.

A female to add to the diversity of the SH, maybe someone to match Sanji just that he doesn't fancy her as much as he does Nami.

Abilities/Power: Devil Fruit(Logia - Mera Mera no Mi lol), Martial Arts maybe a staff user like that chick from Kenichi, Haki (CoO)

Look: Sort of like your Bryan Fury, but a younger Christy since she'll be one of the more younger members.

Personality: Like Ino but not a bitch.
CrustaceaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Don't forget Bon Clay, not someone created, but its not 'guaranteed' that he's dead at Impel Downs. Though Magellan was pissed, he was still the Warden and supposedly 'differnt' than the Ex-Warden that escaped and joined BB's crew, so I think Bon still lives (hopefully, it sounds crazy, but between Bon and the Big Faced He/She with the Wink powers, those to Fags could run with my crew.... if they only hit on non-crewmembers.

Btw... NO MORE CHICKS FOR A WHILE, not that they're all weak, but USUALLY strong chicks are Bosses/Captains in OP. Nami's better but truly she's the weakest member combat wise, the new weather tricks help, but she's the navigator, they're not necessarily meant to be 'Badass', but smart. Additionally, maybe because this is the 2nd half of the GL, but like somebody said Logia's (good ones) aren't scattered everywhere, they're rare. We've seen events (Enis Lobby, Impel Downs, Marinford) where the 'Badasses' were all drawn they're for a specific purpose. Out on the Line its different away from WG areas.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 03-11-2012 at 08:27 AM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

I always have a feeling that a younger teen will come along, not sure what kind of powers.. Maybe someone that has dreams like ace,luffy and started out young.. Anyone read berserk, not that young but tough like that or the main person from vinland saga. http://i11.mangareader.net/berserk/2...rk-1592706.jpg
http://www.mangareader.net/125-6191-...hapter-19.html
Maybe someone with black flames or gold flames that is wanting to fight, but not ruthless.... SH would be a perfect fit for someone younger, IS jimbei going to join the group?

Last edited by SirBenoit; 03-11-2012 at 08:54 AM.
SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Zoro is clearly a japanese definition of a swordsman.

how about a swordsman/woman with the chinese definition of swordmanship

japanese swordmanship philosophy is about the relationship between the man and the sword until it becomes part of it body etc.

chinese swordmanship philosophy view the sword as a tool. A master swordmanship discard the tool and attains the philosophical level of "swordsmanship without a sword", which means that he/she reached the level of overcoming the sword without a sword.

I never saw an unbiased fight between this two philosophy.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
IS jimbei going to join the group?
All things point to yes, unless he dies. It will happen when the Big Mam arc comes around most likely.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #8
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

I think a third female in the crew would be great. Personality-wise, it'd good to have her somewhat mean-spirited for her own entertainment (like messing around with Zoro and Sanji just to watch them argue with each other even more, or steal Luffy's food just to piss him off), but otherwise loyal to her nakama.

Power-wise,a Logia learning the tricks of the trade, like Dagoro mentioned, would be a good change of pace (it'd be fun for it to be the element of wind, along with great destructive power she could be invisible and have a good excuse for more shenanigans).

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-11-2012), Scientia (03-11-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
kluang
One Punch Man

kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

ok we have a

captain

shooter/sniper

swordsman

cook

navigator

doctor

musician

ship fixer

I have no idea what nico robin job is

what more a pirate crew needs?

a witch?

a rum maker?

a scout?

a tank?

a smuggler?

Angry, short, bearded black gunslinger who is an ultimate pimpmaster and a general show-off?

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

I wonder what Aokiji's final disposition will be, and wow the possibilities of him becoming a SH Nakama, I mean Akainau is mortal enemies already with Luffy, and WB Pirates, and prolly Aokiji for they're long battle.

I know they're trying to do something different with Ussop but the Dude needs to graduate to guns, or have a gun carrier on the crew. Almost every enemy they've faced had at least one 'Gun toting' character.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 03-11-2012 at 03:30 PM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

It would be interesting to see a younger, less mature female with no emphasis on sexiness join the crew. I like Nami and Robin, both are great characters. But I think Oda has been laying on the fan service a bit too thick lately, and someone to contrast with that would be a welcome change.

It would enhance the dynamic between the girls as well. We see the guys hanging out a lot, the girls considerably less so. Someone to pull them together a bit more would be nice.

Quote:
I wonder what Aokiji's final disposition will be, and wow the possibilities of him becoming a SH Nakama, I mean Akainau is mortal enemies already with Luffy, and WB Pirates, and prolly Aokiji for they're long battle.
Aokiji will never join.

He is no longer a marine but he still has his views and beliefs.

He is also far too powerful.

I had the same problem with Jimbei, but Oda seems to be waiting to let him join at the same time the SHs take down Big Mam. By then they will be a lot more powerful and with some experience in the NW. Luffy's bounty will be higher than his as well, therefore not outshining the captain.

Last edited by Dagoro; 03-11-2012 at 06:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (03-12-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #12
J-man123
Supernova

J-man123 is an unknown quantity at this point

im thinking a mean spirited women like numinous said with a logia type but she should also carry around a battle axe that would be good, kinder like how smoker has his juttle
J-man123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Ok I have read a few of the concepts on a new crew member. Perhaps for the Logia type as it would be cool to follow someone who has just attained that DF on the sea, see how they learn to control it, learn new moves or heck what would give them ideas for moves as thats one of the things I enjoy about One Piece, they introduce like a common object then Luffy or someone will take that and invent a badass move with it.

As for the Ussop and upgrading to guns, sorry NeoKakarott I dont agree, I prefer Ussop not using guns and I dont know why but if he were to 'graduate' to guns as you said I would feel that he would become too similar to his dad in the Red Hair Pirates who we have all seen has been wielding a gun. Now its not that I dont think the guns cool or anything but what else can you do with a gun ? Ben Beckman uses it as a club yes, but would Ussop have the guts to do that ? I like it more the fact he creates new and interesting shots to use, some yes are for comic relief but then theres the badass one like the Firebolt Phionex thing he used to destroy the WG Flag back in Enies Lobby Arc.

Now onto the ideal crew member I would like to see, from all the characters weve seen in One Piece universe there is one type of character who I think would be funny to be in the SH Crew, now here is some links to some of the characters I am going by, sorry but I cant find the link to the Red Hair Pirate who is similar.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Doma

Now I think a Male character around Luffy Age. But the reason I chose Doma was because I think the concept of him fighting while his monkey on his back fights with him was so freaking awesome, loved his small segments during the anime adapation of the War on Marineford. So yeah I think a male crewmate with a monkey would be awesome to join up with the SH's. I mean Chopper obviously could communicate with the monkey. Comic relif effects could be the monkey always stealing Luffy hat or something like that. For those who watched the anime of the War on Marineford then you will remember some of the stuff Doma was able to do, and the monkey on his shoulder wielding a gun, just a imagine a younger version of him as the next member of the SH and thats who I am thinking.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 AM   #14
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

So:

A younger, less mature, female (tween?) with wind logia, that likes to do pranks.

How they meet:

She gets angry at some older women, or older women in general (maybe she is behind in breast development?) so she decides to prank them just as the strawhats are walking down the street (or at least sanji,chopper and somebody else). She uses her wind logia to lift their skirts which, due to the number, causes Sanji to get a massive nosebleed and fall to the ground, chopper gets all panicky, bla bla bla (I dont want to spoil the rest :P)

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:51 AM   #15
kluang
One Punch Man

Quote:
Now I think a Male character around Luffy Age. But the reason I chose Doma was because I think the concept of him fighting while his monkey on his back fights with him was so freaking awesome, loved his small segments during the anime adapation of the War on Marineford. So yeah I think a male crewmate with a monkey would be awesome to join up with the SH's. I mean Chopper obviously could communicate with the monkey. Comic relif effects could be the monkey always stealing Luffy hat or something like that. For those who watched the anime of the War on Marineford then you will remember some of the stuff Doma was able to do, and the monkey on his shoulder wielding a gun, just a imagine a younger version of him as the next member of the SH and thats who I am thinking.
you want captain barbosa?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-12-2012), Buck09 (03-12-2012), NeoKakarott023 (03-12-2012)