Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans - Page 8 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #106
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans

Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but a few episodes back when Renly and Stannis meet, I loved this moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I40tnoYRFrY

I don't think it was in the books but it made me chuckle.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-31-2012), Servo (05-31-2012)

Old 05-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #107
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Yeah, but that's the problem with real life - very tough to find actors who are both large and agile. From my memory, the Clegane brothers were both excellent warriors beyond being brutes. Hard to kill and fight because they were big, strong and fast whereas in the show they just chop people in half. Monsters. And Sandor is supposed to be the quick one. Bronn's advantage was also being unnoble in his manner (victory at the Eyrie). They've also made Bronn far more sauve in this show which gives him more mystique. He was a brute himself, albeit an intelligent brute, in the books.

There were few who could match the Clegane brothers (couple of the Kingsguard, Jamie especially, Briene on some level, one or two of the Night's watch and, of course, the Red Viper.) so I still would say Bronn would lose. But I see how the show makes the case against it.
Pretty much this. There are several times in the books where Sandor is talked about as being one of the most talented swordsmen in Westeros. Jamie (who himself is one, if not the best) admits this a few times. I just like the character a lot, there's a great duality to him. He's brutal and severe, but you can tell there's a heart in there somewhere. His brother on the other hand appears to be a complete sociopath, basically someone you want dead in the worst way possible.

Don't clicky if you haven't read the books:
I'm kinda pissed they killed that Red Viper dude too. He seemed like a pretty legitimate badass, and a manwhore lol.

Last edited by Servo; 05-31-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
ACt (06-01-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #108
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
Maybe I'm using brute to broadly. What I was implying was that Bronn is a fighter, always and ever. He has no scruples so long as he wins. He was never the biggest or the strongest or even the fastest (I think the books give that to Loras and Jamie) but he always sets out to win. Like a physical manifestation of Tyrion's mind. He's a mercenary brawler who finds a way to survive any situation. I don't mean brute as "big dumb strong" but rather in this sense. And yes, he'd definitely give Sandor a good fight.
Probably scoundrel is more an apt term. And I do definitely like the character, I youtubed the fight scene from the Eerie, very well done, and did the book justice I think. Especially his line at the end lol.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #109
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Yeah, the Martells are pretty fantastic all around, especially Oberyn and his daughters. Can't wait for their introduction into the show. Which reminds me - the casting of Margaery Tyrell. Anyone (who's read the books) feel she's too dark, too old (she's supposed to be 16 but is played by a 29-year-old) and would have made a far better choice for Arianne Martell? I'm really not sure how she'll stack up as the show progresses, but she's certainly going to look like a cradle robber trying to marry Joffery.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Servo (06-02-2012), Shrike (06-03-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #110
Servo
Mega User

On a side note, Ser Barristan should not be nicknamed "The Bold", it should be "The BAUCE". In his prime he could probably beat just about anyone in the current story of Westeros.

The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Shrike (06-03-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #111
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo View Post
On a side note, Ser Barristan should not be nicknamed "The Bold", it should be "The BAUCE". In his prime he could probably beat just about anyone in the current story of Westeros.
I'd put Barristan above everyone currently alive. And above most dead people, too, when I am at that. Names which come as those who could maybe defeat him come with Arthur Dayne, Jaime Lannister, Sandor Cleagne. No joke.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Servo (06-03-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #112
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Barristan is awesome. I hope we get more back story on him.
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Servo (06-03-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #113
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
Barristan is awesome. I hope we get more back story on him.
Hell, after all is said and done with the current story line, some prequel stuff would absolutely own. Martin has already laid enough infrastructure at this point. Of course, he is in his early 60's, and doesn't look terribly healthy, so he better get on the fucking ball.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #114
ACt
Heart Wizard

Yeah, he's got a lot of history that is hinted at and not fully laid out - which is neat because it gives a layer to the events, but bad because you REALLY want to know what went down. But if he never lets the history out, I'm OK with it. I am only concerned that the books should be finished and he doesn't Jordon us.

He has apparently given the layout to the show should he not make it. So there's that. Won't be surprised if there is a similar contingency for a ghost writer to finish the series.
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Servo (06-03-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #115
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Holy shit. Zombies!

Was kind of hoping that the fatty that couldn't run would get eaten. The dragons were kind of cool. Something I don't get though, didn't Rob send those guys to Winterfell to take it back for him? Seems like he'd be pissed that they fucked shit up and burnt everything.

The zombies and the king beyond the wall are my new interest. Also, thought it was really lame that the little girl passed on learning how to be a faceless assassin.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #116
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I haven't watched the new one yet, but I will do soon and come here to WHOOOOOP about it.

But I just wanted to show you all the new Breaking Bad poster:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
OG (06-05-2012), UchihaTaijiya (06-13-2012), xxMESTxx (06-06-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #117
ACt
Heart Wizard

Wow. That was probably my least favourite episode of this show. Really stilted and poorly spliced together - not to mention a handful of quibbles that I felt would have captured the theme better.

Biggest complaint would be the daylight, open for all to see, yet ignoring Sam, Others. What the hell? Way to take the in the shadows, attack by night big bad and lay it out for all to see. Don't get it, don't like it. Just know they are going to skimp us on the entire fight at the Fist of the First Men, having Sam stumble in with everyone dead or run off... just like most fights in this show.

Ah well, see you next season.

Mest - yes. Rob got Roose Bolton to send his bastard son and men in to rescue his brothers from Theon. They didn't decide to do the scene - read the books.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #118
ACt
Heart Wizard

Oh yeah, and I'd like to add - where the flying furry fuck is Ghost?! Seriously... why even give Jon a fucking direwolf?!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-06-2012), UchihaTaijiya (06-13-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #119
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Well i liked it, arya and dragonz and zombies. lol

i had hoped arya would go with the guy to learn new tricks, but she is still a kid, she knows her family is going whack. family duties lol

same with sansa in the previous episode, i had hoped she would go with the dude but nope, she got replaced lol i really thought joffery would stick with her but i guess his mother's influences are still strong.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #120
Demi-God
BEST

Yeah I quite enjoyed it, perhaps it skipped around a lot, but still worked well. The Others looks pretty badass, way better than they did in the first episode.