Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans - Page 9 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #121
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,717 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Oh yeah, and I'd like to add - where the flying furry fuck is Ghost?! Seriously... why even give Jon a fucking direwolf?!
Wasn't Ghost injured by a wildling warged into an eagle just before Jon was captured in the books? Wasn't that how they were found out?
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #122
Kinako
Chuunin

Thanked 1,443 Times in 684 Posts
Kinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enoughKinako will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
Watched a fuck ton of Sons of Anarchy. Also, Damages and Breaking Bad.
Hell Yeah to that. I also wanna see how they do Bran's warging thing for next season. Plus that crazy Bolton dude.

FEAR THE REAPER

Last edited by Kinako; 06-06-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Kinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:56 AM   #123
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Jon was injured by Varamyr, not Ghost.

The episode was okay bar a few horrendous scenes, for example Daenerys and the Others. Not to mention that I got pretty pissed that they show me a random whore again and spend 10 mins on her, but skip half the most important scenes. Really, really moronic.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #124
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,717 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Jon was injured by Varamyr, not Ghost.
It was Orell that had warged into the eagle and directly attacked Jon after he and Halfhand were captured. Ghost was attacked before that and wasn't present when Jon and Halfhand were taken.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #125
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Wow. That was probably my least favourite episode of this show. Really stilted and poorly spliced together - not to mention a handful of quibbles that I felt would have captured the theme better.
They were obviously trying to squeeze in some temporary closure to the various threads ongoing, but I think that for what they had left they did fairly well. Of course, if they had planned it better to begin with they wouldn't have had to, but it could also just be a TV ploy to keep people watching until the end.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #126
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
They were obviously trying to squeeze in some temporary closure to the various threads ongoing, but I think that for what they had left they did fairly well. Of course, if they had planned it better to begin with they wouldn't have had to, but it could also just be a TV ploy to keep people watching until the end.
Yeah, there was a lot to tie up, but at the end of the season, focus on the important - House of the undying, Jon and Halfhand, aftermath of Bywater (and I would say ONLY the Kingslanding side), Theon and Winterfell. The few quick scenes of Jamie and Brienne and Arya + co were pretty well done so they make great interludes, but Varys and the whore? why? Stannis moaning about defeat and then told to look into the fire... why? (There's a great scene at the start of Book 3 with Stannis, Melisandre, leeches and fire that I felt would be a better way to reintroduce him after his defeat)

It led them to rush pretty much all the scenes where a minute or two extra of suspense would have served the important issues far better. Not to mention the overplaying of Littlefinger's motives, (again) the making the Other's far too obvious (this is the BIG BAD here and they are tossing it out as a known when Martin had it very unknown), a little confusing to Jon's motives in the fight with Halfhand - felt it could have been better handled -, completely skipping the attack on Winterfell by Ramsey Snow... just don't understand the reasons here when there is so much better to mine out of the books.

The zombies at the end seem like a cheap move to cash in on the "OMG Zombie" popularity that is currently big, partially due ot the Walking Dead. If you aren't liking this show and now all of a sudden are "OMG ZOMBIES BEST SHOW EVER" ... I just don't know. Feel they blew a lot of money on that which could have been better used to put Ghost in the show since the bond between Jon and Ghost was the strongest aside from Bran and Summer.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down

Last edited by ACt; 06-06-2012 at 11:44 AM.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (06-06-2012), Scientia (06-06-2012), Servo (06-08-2012), Shrike (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #127
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

I plan on reading the books, one day. I'm most likely going to wait until the end of the TV series though. The show is what got me hooked on Game of Thrones, I wouldn't want to know every thing that's going to happen before it actually happens in the show. I don't think I would enjoy it as much tbh. The way I see it is, when the show does finally run its course, I'm going to be left wanting more(like I am with all my favorite shows) and then I'll actually have the entire books series to look forward to, and I'll learn all those little details the show never showed me.

Also, Breaking Bad. Fuck yes!

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
UchihaTaijiya (06-13-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #128
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Absolutely love this show. I waited until every episode of season 2 came out before watching and then just "marathoned" it all (I already did something similar for Season 1 except by the time I first heard about the show all the episodes were already out).

Cannot wait for season 3.

I'd say some of my more favored characters so far are Ned, Jaime, Arya, Tyrion, Tywin, Cersei, and Daenerys. But I like majority of all the characters anyway simply because a large majority of the characters are complex, grey, and intricately designed.

Last edited by Scientia; 06-07-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:16 AM   #129
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
I plan on reading the books, one day. I'm most likely going to wait until the end of the TV series though. The show is what got me hooked on Game of Thrones, I wouldn't want to know every thing that's going to happen before it actually happens in the show. I don't think I would enjoy it as much tbh. The way I see it is, when the show does finally run its course, I'm going to be left wanting more(like I am with all my favorite shows) and then I'll actually have the entire books series to look forward to, and I'll learn all those little details the show never showed me.

Also, Breaking Bad. Fuck yes!
You'll be waiting awhile. There are 7 books planned, more if he gets carried away and has to split up books again. So, you'll be waiting at least 6 years (they're splitting book three into two seasons), longer if they split other books into two seasons.

If you still have the patience to wait until the end of the TV series, I commend you, as I'm an impatient fucker.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #130
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

HBO Asia cut so many damn thing. Gonna wait until its in DVD

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #131
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

That really is a long wait.. damn. I'm pretty sure I'll stick it out though, unless the show takes a turn for the worst. As long as I keep getting new episode I should be fine, I might go ahead and just read book 1 and 2, and read behind the TV show, since I'll have so much time between seasons.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #132
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I'm about 30% through book 3 now, god damn. God. Damn. I'll be able to read all your spoilers soon, you bastards.

Also, I landed on the Wikipedia page for "Usurper" and it ended with this:
Quote:
"Some famous examples considered usurpers are Pope Leo IX, George W Bush, Henry IV of England, Catherine II of Russia, Miguel of Portugal, Robert Baratheon of Westeros, Habibullah Ghazi of Afghanistan."
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Servo (06-16-2012), Shrike (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #133
Tsuna
♪S♥NE~소녀시대♪♪

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,137 Posts
Tsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond reputeTsuna has a reputation beyond repute

So I was talking to some people about being bored and having nothing to do on my days off and the one guy was like, "You should watch Game of Thrones. It has incest." and I'm like, why the hell would I wanna watch something about incest? But then I was just really fucking bored, so I was like what the hell, why not.

Fuck that guy for ruining my life. I spent a week marathoning the fuck out of the first two seasons. Now I need to find myself the ebooks or something cause I can't wait for next season to know what happens.
Tsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #134
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
So I was talking to some people about being bored and having nothing to do on my days off and the one guy was like, "You should watch Game of Thrones. It has incest." and I'm like, why the hell would I wanna watch something about incest? But then I was just really fucking bored, so I was like what the hell, why not.

Fuck that guy for ruining my life. I spent a week marathoning the fuck out of the first two seasons. Now I need to find myself the ebooks or something cause I can't wait for next season to know what happens.
Don't forget to read all books even thought you watched the first two seasons. The books are a LOT better and different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
I'm about 30% through book 3 now, god damn. God. Damn. I'll be able to read all your spoilers soon, you bastards.

Also, I landed on the Wikipedia page for "Usurper" and it ended with this:
I lol'd. Oh you are @ book 3. best one in the series. PM me when you finish reading it ; )
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ACt (06-16-2012), Mal (06-14-2012), Servo (06-16-2012)
Old 06-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #135
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post

book 3. best one in the series.
Yup, totally agree.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote