Sage modes - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 04-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
el_deevil
sierra 117

el_deevil is on a distinguished road
Sage modes

Toad sage:
According to fukasaku one needs to have huge chakra pool in order to harness the power of natural energy,

http://www.mangareader.net/93-417-11...apter-412.html

and on top of that you need to balance it with your spiritual & physical energy, too little and you can't use sage mode and too much will turn you into a frog.

http://www.mangareader.net/93-415-15...apter-410.html

So it leads to the conclusion that if you don't have enough chakra and let's assume you learn to master natural energy with your spiritual and physical energy you still can't go into sage mode as the nature energy you've collected is not enough to do that. Furthermore to gather natural energy you need to stay completely still.

Snake sage:
But kabuto is using snake sage mode and initiated it without gathering any natural energy while staying still, instead he used the jugo clan's genes to gather natural energy while on the move and he is able to enter sage mode which means he either has large chakra pool(which we were not aware of and its very unlikely) or he is using another hax(or kishi ass pull) to gather sufficient amount of natural energy.But using natural energy, his transformation is nowhere close to a frog fukasaku mentioned instead he grows four horns with other changes.

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/579/18

Comparing these two different sage modes there are at least two possibilities that I can think of:

1.The first is that there are different types of natural energy and all of them are gathered in different ways and the way they are used are different as well, they give different transformations, powers and all.Each animal summoning has its own natural energy affinity and the secrets of gathering it.

2.Second possibility is that there is only one type of natural energy but the proportion in which one mixes it with there spiritual & physical energies are what gives the user different abilities and transformations.Its like radio frequency, you have to tune in to a particular frequency to listen to the desired channel but all frequencies doesn't let you hear a channel. Each animal summoning has its own proportions for mixing natural energies.

Maybe fukasaku only knew about the frog sage mode and is unaware of the other sage modes, that is why he said what he said to naruto.

I think Sasuke could also achive hawk sage mode, but its very unlikely Kishi would go that way. He'll probably restrict sage techniques only to the summonings of the three sannins.
el_deevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
royalmage
Genin

royalmage is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sage modes

The SO6P had two sons. One of which was labeled "body" and the other "eyes". The future sasuke (eye) versus naruto (body) battle is being setup to repeat history. It just feels weird to me to think sasuke could get any sage mode because to me that feels like a "body" ability. It enhances speed and senses and even though the edge around the eyes are affected, it still feels like a body ability. Just my opinion.
royalmage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to royalmage For This Useful Post:
jekyl_hyde (04-09-2012), jericho Uzimaki (04-10-2012), Narutologist (04-10-2012), Pritha (04-11-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
chisengan
travelling -nin

chisengan is on a distinguished road

or he's just doing the fusion thing or whatever the hell it was called with that snake that he has coming out of his ass
jekyl_hyde (04-09-2012), jericho Uzimaki (04-10-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
Tmoore
wandering analyst

Tmoore will become famous soon enoughTmoore will become famous soon enough

only thing i will refute is that we have to assume kabuto has a large chakra pool considering the scale of edo tensei he pulled off
Old 04-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

During this entire battle, there has been a snake that has been attached to Kabuto the entire time. That could possibly be gathering the natural energy for Kabuto.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jekyl_hyde For This Useful Post:
batonnoir (04-20-2012), chisengan (04-09-2012), jericho Uzimaki (04-10-2012), krurk (04-09-2012), Narutologist (04-10-2012), Tmoore (04-09-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
chisengan
travelling -nin

and if he doesn't have a large chakra pool, there is no way he could be controlling all of the edo tensei's let alone summon them, unless he was already in sage mode when he started the jutsu
Old 04-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
Tmoore
wandering analyst

Tmoore will become famous soon enoughTmoore will become famous soon enough

this makes u wonder about tsunades slugs they been on everybody can they give sage mode?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
chisengan
travelling -nin

besides the people like kakashi and shikamaru who hit their chakra limit fast
Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoore View Post
this makes u wonder about tsunades slugs they been on everybody can they give sage mode?
I would say yes. In that chapter, Kabuto mentioned a third place.

Kishi, please do not make Sakura a sage.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #10
chisengan
travelling -nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
Kishi, please do not make Sakura a sage.
speaking of which do we have any evidence that she can summon the slugs, besides that she trained under tsunade?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #11
Vishnu
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 2,172 Times in 789 Posts
Vishnu will become famous soon enoughVishnu will become famous soon enoughVishnu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisengan View Post
speaking of which do we have any evidence that she can summon the slugs, besides that she trained under tsunade?
At this point we only have evidence of Kishi's mysongyny. None of his female characters has any impact. And because of that, i'm pretty sure that Sakura will stick with her role for now. And if Tsunade had any Sage Mode, she would have manifested against Madara. It's not an asset that one wouldn't use against a powerful, unbeatable enemy.
Everything is permitted!

Quote:
We know the light...but when we shall create the dark?
Check out the new fanfiction bloghttp://celestcity.blogspot.com
Vishnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

I think kishi has already implied there are only 3 types of animal sages.

Frog sages from Mt Myubokuzan.

Snake or peak level dragon sages from the cave of Ryuchidou...

And W/e animal from the misty bone forest of Shikkoutsurin. Could be Hawk, but I think an Owl would be more likely for a sage animal IMO.

The idea of pairs of 3 have been used allot in the manga which is likely based on the concept of mind, body and spirit.

The owl can represent Mind, the Frog Body and the snake/dragon spirit.

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA

Last edited by Konnaha_yellow_flash; 04-09-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Konnaha_yellow_flash For This Useful Post:
batonnoir (04-20-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (04-20-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
el_deevil
sierra 117

el_deevil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmage View Post
The SO6P had two sons. One of which was labeled "body" and the other "eyes". The future sasuke (eye) versus naruto (body) battle is being setup to repeat history. It just feels weird to me to think sasuke could get any sage mode because to me that feels like a "body" ability. It enhances speed and senses and even though the edge around the eyes are affected, it still feels like a body ability. Just my opinion.
I also don't like the idea of Sasuke becoming a sage, I forgot to mention it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
During this entire battle, there has been a snake that has been attached to Kabuto the entire time. That could possibly be gathering the natural energy for Kabuto.
Quite possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisengan View Post
and if he doesn't have a large chakra pool, there is no way he could be controlling all of the edo tensei's let alone summon them, unless he was already in sage mode when he started the jutsu
True as far as resurrecting someone using the technique is concerned, but once resurrected the zombies could be made to lay dormant in their coffins while the user regenerates his chakra and use it resurrect another person, as far as controlling the zombies is concerned I think stronger the chakra is, the better the control is on the zombies as evident after Kabuto accessed Orochimaru's chakra from Anko's body, but I am not sure controlling the zombies drains the user of his chakra otherwise Kabuto would have run dry by now.
Still all this doesn't explain the different transformation of Kabuto.
el_deevil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to el_deevil For This Useful Post:
jericho Uzimaki (04-10-2012)
Old 04-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #14
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

Thanked 1,558 Times in 509 Posts
jericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura about

he could have developed a process to conserve and store his chakra, much like Tsunade does. he has been in the shadows for a while. so when he came into play he had enough to do it. UNTIL he had to use whats her name there on the floor. remember she gave him more Orochi-chakra. So he obviously is using His, Orochi-cells, & her Orochi-chakra as well.

So he has a few chakra sources, I think he went Dragon mode because he is trying to finish this before all his chakra is gone.
jericho Uzimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #15
Narutologist
ANBU

Narutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the roughNarutologist is a jewel in the rough

I think kabuto experimented on juugo's cells and his body to be able to absorb natural energy much like the oil was used with naruto. Prior to going sage mode he split out into several snakes in which he hid himself in one...my guess is that he gathered natural energy there. i think sage mode is sage mode no matter the animal or the sage...gathering the energy may be different for the user but the ability to use the mode is the same...