The Avengers movie - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #31
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Avengers movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Does anyone see a set up for the Justice league movie in the near future ?

Maybe a hint in the new Batman movie ?
THe JLA woudl be only seen as a ripposff of Avengers in most peopels eyes.. thats the brillancy of being first
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #32
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,286 Times in 2,927 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

There are tons of movies depicting superhero collabs. The Avengers is not the first, the best executed sure but not the first. DC heroes have as much mainstream potential as Marvels ones, superman and batman are already there.

The Avengers owes much of its success to the set up in the form of solo hero movies in preparation for their team up, the same could be done with the Justice League. In fact there is talk of a possible Flash movie already, hints could star being dropped either there or on the up and coming batman.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #33
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

i can see them making a JL movie because of the $$$$$$$$$ they would make..

SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #34
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Indeed.

Hopefully Megan Fox won't be wonder woman.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #35
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

she will cause she would get more attention, not because shes would make a good wonder woman... aka green lantern/ryan reynolds

Old 05-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #36
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,332 Times in 4,061 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

People who should at the very least make an appearance in an Avengers movie involving Thanos.

Drax the Destroyer

MoonDragon

Captain Marvel(Hell Yeah!)

Adam Warlock(Hell Yeah!).

People like Spider-man & Wolverine shouldn't make appearances in Avengers movies unless it's involving Civil War or something. If anything since Captain Marvel & Warlock are almost a given in a Thanos movie Avengers like Carol Danvers should be at least introduced. Hell she doesn't even need to be Ms Marvel right away & can be made an Agent of Shield for her introduction before getting her powers.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 05-10-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (05-10-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #37
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

There should be a movie before the second Avengers. Where I was, when Thanos was revealed most people were scratching their heads having no idea who he was. A movie to give him some BG, linking with the events of the Avengers would be nice. Throw some Asgard action in there as well since the gauntlet is in Odin's vault, assuming it will play a part in the sequel.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #38
SirBenoit
Sennin

spider-man will most likely be in it because hes marvel and everyone loves him.. Plus people that go see the movies dont really care about the comics and what happened in them.. I think the only reason spiderman wasnt in this one was because of the new movie coming out after the avengers. (new person playing peter parker) people dont know who warlock and captain marvel are, its about the money

Old 05-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #39
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,332 Times in 4,061 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBenoit View Post
spider-man will most likely be in it because hes marvel and everyone loves him.. Plus people that go see the movies dont really care about the comics and what happened in them.. I think the only reason spiderman wasnt in this one was because of the new movie coming out after the avengers. (new person playing peter parker) people dont know who warlock and captain marvel are, its about the money
I wonder do you know how popular Captain Marvel was in his time? His legacy lives on to this day in the comic world. Thanos was originally featured in Iron Man followed by Captain Marvel where his(Thanos) character started to become more popular. Without Thanos being featured in multiple Captain Marvel issues his(Thanos) popularity may have never fully taken off. So without Captain Marvel you have no Thanos so to speak. Hell Carol Danvers is soon to take on the role of the new Captain Marvel just to honer his name.

Carol Danvers is also a popular character with her own series & was featured in both X-Men & the Avengers. Where do you think Rouge originally got her super human strength & flight abilities from? She's also very marketable for mainstream media given the fact that she's supposed to be a superhot blonde who can slug it out with some of the more powerful heavy hitters in the Marvel universe. Spiderman & Wolverine make little sense in an Avengers movie considering the fact that they aren't core members. Hell Carol even ran the god damn team at one point!

As for Adam Warlock this dude defeats Thanos you can't very well have a movie with Thanos without involving Warlock. That's like taking away Galactius from the silver surfer or Sott Summers from the X-Men. Shit that did happen & look at how fail that movie was. Jean killing Scott talk about fucking retarded.

PS: O yeah two more people who should make an appearance in the next Avengers film. Hank(Henry) & Janet Pym.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 05-10-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #40
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What banner did actually makes a bit of sense.

If he can maintain himself while always being angry, It means that in order to trigger the shift he would have to reach even higher plateaus of rage, which would probably take quite a bit of effort to accomplish.
Then how did he do it so quickly? He seemed to be able to change to the Hulk with ease. Not much effort. Also, if he can maintain himself while being angry, then why does he need to always be angry? He could just be normal, and then when he gets angry it's not a problem because he can control it: he does it all the time. If he wouldn't be able to control it, then we go back to the part that didn't make sense before: how can he be angry all the time while not being the Hulk if being angry = turning into the Hulk. In order for it to make sense he needs to be able to control the Hulk while instantly becoming angry, otherwise he would have turned into the Hulk when first attempting to be angry all the time, since that's all it requires: a certain level of anger. No need for some "durr hurr I'm mad allz the teimz" super, double secret plan.

Edit: Also, I'm somewhat pumped for the new Spidey movie coming out.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #41
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,138 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

To the people arguing over Hulk's transformation:
Quote:
The process by which Banner usually transforms into the Hulk is presumably the result of the chemical catalyst, adrenaline (a.k.a. epinephrine). As in normal human beings, Banner's adrenal medulla secretes large amounts of adrenaline in time of fear, rage, or stress, which hormonally stimulates the heart rate, increases blood-sugar levels, and inhibits sensations of fatigue. Whereas the secretion heightens normal physical abilities in normal human beings, in Banner's case it triggers the complex chemical-extra-physical process that transforms him into the Hulk. The total time of transformation falls anywhere between seconds to five minutes, depending on the initial adrenalin surge, which will be determined by the original stimulus. Soon after the transformation, the amount of adrenalin in the Hulk will return to more normal, reduced levels. However, there have been instances in which Banner became the Hulk without any discernible increase in heart rate or adrenal levels, suggesting that the true trigger mechanism into the Hulk is far more psychological than physical. When the Hulk transforms back into Banner, the excess muscle mass and energy is lost, presumably to the same place he derives it.
Go buck wild. I'm not weighing in on this issue, because I thought the line delivery was top-notch and for Banner to transform into the Hulk in time to HULK SMASH that giant worm thing was awesome. Don't care how, only care that it happened.

I hope that the Civil War comics are adapted into a movie. That would be all kinds of uber-nerdgasm.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (05-21-2012), KillerNN (05-24-2012)
Old 05-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #42
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I mean, anyone can make it make sense if they "ad hoc" it up (to jericho about how I'm bringing real life into it), and as long as it isn't directly self-contradicting. But my problem was that they didn't even do that. From the current knowledge we had from that Marvel universe time line or whatever, it didn't specifically make sense that Banner being mad all the time would help him not turn into the Hulk. From what we knew, it is a lot like cutting yourself all the time in order to not loose blood.

Quote:
However, there have been instances in which Banner became the Hulk without any discernible increase in heart rate or adrenal levels, suggesting that the true trigger mechanism into the Hulk is far more psychological than physical. When the Hulk transforms back into Banner, the excess muscle mass and energy is lost, presumably to the same place he derives it.
So the true key is getting psychologically 'aroused', as it were. That is, Banner has to feel the purely psychological, abstract effects of fear, rage/ any specific emotion. And, usually there is a correlation and maybe even an indirect causation between the actual secretion of the adrenaline, and the psychological abstract effects, but that also means that they can occur separately since they are not directly causing each other. That's how I understand this, at least. I also understand this as a way to give Banner control over his power without actually making it seem like he's defying the laws of his own bodily functions/mutations. It's a lot harder to stop yourself from having your body changed from hormones than it is to simply stop yourself from getting psychologically mad. Even so, he wouldn't need to be mad all the time to help him control it. Even psychologically, it's still comparable to cutting yourself all the time to not bleed.

Last edited by Scientia; 05-20-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #43
Emissary of Justice
Resident Smartass

Emissary of Justice will become famous soon enoughEmissary of Justice will become famous soon enough

Seeing the movie being the top thread for this forum was a bit of a surprise. I'm aware some of this stuff I'm commenting on is a month old, but there were some major misunderstandings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Wolverine can be included because Marvel has the final say in the movies, not the studio. The studio has permission to make a movie using the character. But if Marvel wants to let another studio use their character, Fox can't say shit about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
What would stop Marvel from reacquiring the rights of its own characters and what on earth would support Sony Pictures' case if they'd want to sue Marvel and the other studio for making a new movie based on Spiderman? The character is Marvel's and the image of Spiderman, which is what Sony Pictures bought from Marvel, is different and the image rights are only pertinent during the contract, so when the contract expires, what in the name of fuck would deter any other studio of doing a Spiderman movie?
In 1996, Marvel was forced to file for bankruptcy. In order to escape from this, they sold the film rights for many of their premiere characters to other studios. They didn't buy images or the rights to establish just their own versions for film, but the very rights to those characters in film. There is no known expiration dates to these contracts. The only known method of expiration is if a studio goes a certain amount of years without releasing another film based on that property. The only other way they can get the rights back is to purchase them back from the studios who obviously don't want to give them up now.

Spider-Man can't even make an appearance in The Avengers films without consent from Marvel. The only mutants available to Marvel Studios are Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as part of the original agreement. Fox cannot reference The Avengers and Marvel Studios can't mention Magneto or the other X-Men characters.

Quote:
Does anyone see a set up for the Justice league movie in the near future ?

Maybe a hint in the new Batman movie ?
Not happening. Warner had hoped for a Superman/Batman film with Batman Begins and Superman Returns, but Singer's love letter to Donner came up short, those plans were aborted and Nolan's been allowed to keep his films isolated. Following the success of The Dark Knight, he's now being allowed to oversee every DC Comics film they put out, beginning with The Man of Steel.

Warner's been trying to put together Justice League film for years, but the failure of Superman Returns and Green Lantern alongside their inability to find anyone for Wonder Woman and The Flash. DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson went on the record that there are no plans to attempt what Marvel has done. It's been an amusing mess since The Avengers were originally created as Marvel's answer to the Justice League.

Quote:
There are tons of movies depicting superhero collabs. The Avengers is not the first, the best executed sure but not the first. DC heroes have as much mainstream potential as Marvels ones, superman and batman are already there.
It's never been done like this.

The draw for The Avengers and Justice League is that you have several accomplished individual heroes coming together as a team to combat threats that are too powerful for them to handle alone. For DC, the potential isn't there at all. The Justice League cartoon was a success, coming off the Batman and Superman series. The rest of Big 7 simply don't stand well on their own because they have a poor rogues gallery, which even Superman has a problem with on film because of the endless reusage of Luthor and with the upcoming Man of Steel, they're reusing Zod. DC keeps trying to pull it out of their ass, but Marvel's been planning this for EIGHT years.

You will be missed.

Last edited by Emissary of Justice; 06-18-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Emissary of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote