Legend of Korra eps 9 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 06-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Legend of Korra eps 9

http://www.anime44.com/avatar-the-le...orra-episode-9

Enjoy.

Badass episode, although I do fear that the Tarlokk stuff is over. If it is it happened way too fast. Finally got to see Aang, Sokka and Toph properly. Amon is a freaking boss, he gets more insane with every episode.

Korra made contact, she will probably move forward with her air bending now. Blood bending is ridiculous, I wonder if Katara can do what Yakone and son can do. I really thought that she would save Aang when he was getting snapped by Yakone, sadly that wasn't the case.

I feel bad for Asami. She is a great chick and she will obviously end up hurt.

Last edited by Dagoro; 06-09-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
icedraon620
God of Tanukis

icedraon620 is on a distinguished roadicedraon620 is on a distinguished road
Re: Legend of Korra eps 9

Though I tend to hate relationship drama, I'm interested in what this episode means for Asami's development. I mean, she just betrayed he last family member and is pretty much left with Mako, Bolin, and Korra. However, seeing this kind of interaction between Mako and Korra may cause her to have trust issues. If it gets bad enough, do you think she will switch sides? It would be kind of cool to have a villainess again don't ya think?

As far as the rest of the episode went, totally called Yakone and Tarrlok. Amon probably has absurd willpower to override Tarrlok's bloodbending; perhaps this will aids him in energy bending?

Lin is an amazing character and I look forward to seeing her fight in the finale. I want to see more interaction between her and Bolin as well. I mean in this episode they were used for comic relief together, but I want more from Bolin. Hopefully Lin can train him and such.

Last edited by icedraon620; 06-09-2012 at 08:30 PM.
icedraon620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Amon is awesome

cant wait for the season finale

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Simply put, Among (thus far) has been what Madara was supposed to be.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Amon, proving that plot relevance and skill trumps flashy giant samurai Zord.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Amon, proving that plot relevance and skill trumps flashy giant samurai Zord.
Makes me miss the good old days of Voltron.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
op101
Genin

op101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, so Katara not being in the flashbacks was because she actually wasn't there. Lame. Wonder if they'll explain how Yakone and Tarlok bloodbend without the moon...it can't just be a special inherited ability :/

I think the theories about Amon having spirit help will really start coming out now. I mean bloodbending has bested TWO avatars with Aang only being able to resist it with the help of the avatar state, yet Amon just walks through it like a boss?

Can't believe we have to wait til the end of the year for season 2.

ETA: Another excellent theory/analysis:

http://birdbrainblue.tumblr.com/post...r-episode-nine

Last edited by op101; 06-10-2012 at 12:57 AM.
op101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to op101 For This Useful Post:
k-lai (06-10-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #8
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by op101 View Post
Man, so Katara not being in the flashbacks was because she actually wasn't there. Lame. Wonder if they'll explain how Yakone and Tarlok bloodbend without the moon...it can't just be a special inherited ability :/

I think the theories about Amon having spirit help will really start coming out now. I mean bloodbending has bested TWO avatars with Aang only being able to resist it with the help of the avatar state, yet Amon just walks through it like a boss?

Can't believe we have to wait til the end of the year for season 2.

ETA: Another excellent theory/analysis:

http://birdbrainblue.tumblr.com/post...r-episode-nine
Sokka theorized yakone bloodbending is like the combustion man. special individual bending style.

yakone almost snap aang neck in that flashback.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
DRAGONBPY
Chuunin

DRAGONBPY is on a distinguished road

I think that lightning regeneration and bloodbending have become easier to do just as metalbending has. I just think once you understand the discipline of it it becomes easier. Before Toph relied on close contact to metalbend but by the end of the war she was able to bend it from a distance. Maybe waterbenders have learnt to use it without the moon and firebenders learnt to generate lightning probably due to the end of the war which resulted in change of attitude. Wish combustion came back and probably a darker airbending subskill

Last edited by DRAGONBPY; 06-10-2012 at 10:15 AM. Reason: forgot to wirte bend on metalbend
DRAGONBPY is offline   Reply With Quote