SusanoO, the final nail on the coffin. - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 06-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,283 Times in 2,925 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
SusanoO, the final nail on the coffin.

There are 2 jutsu in this manga that completely remove the fun out of any fight. Edo tensei and SusanoO, I'll be focusing on the latter.

One of the most important aspects of a good fight is tension. It's what keeps us on the edge of your seats, and what makes us want to see more. Watching a character pull off a sweet move putting pressure on the opposition, and having the opposition skillfully counter or endure those attacks and come back fighting is what we look forward to in any well executed fight combat wise.

This is where SusanoO comes in to ruin the fucking day. Where Edo Tensei ruins the tension by having 1 side be indestructible ( Making all but sealing techs pointless and not a threat ), SusanoO is a near permanent barrier between the user and incoming attacks, making it possible for the fucker not to move and still be safe.

That just sucks the tension out of any fight. Characters have to pull off all stops just to get past the damn thing, while the user stays in there like nothing is even fucking happening, giving them easy windows of opportunity to counter attack. There is merit in being able to counter an attack with a display of physical might ( reflexes, speed ) and quick thinking. Where is the merit in floating inside a spirit mech that protects you from almost everything due to magical eye balls ?

That is ridiculously cheap and boring. Take the battle at the kage summit as an example. Sasuke was tossed around like a rag doll, but at the end of the day his SusanoO kept him alive against 3 kages ( The ones that fought him while in SusanoO form ). Older, more experienced and powerful shinobi ( Aside from Gaara ) couldn't get past the damn thing, and that was his first time using it.

Fast forward to Sasuke vs Danzou. Most of the damage Sasuke received was self inflicted, due to him overusing MS and quickly losing his eye sight. Danzou had to call a summoning, and use a zilliong SG just to stay afloat. Sasuke barely moved, he stayed in one spot spamming SusanoO. Don't even get me started on the Kabuto encounter, where SusanoO and MS fuckery made it one of the worse fights in the entire series.

Currently Madara is floating several hundred feet in the sky inside a giant SusanoO that 5 of the most powerful characters in the series can't do nothing against. Where is the fun in that ?

So I ask this: Even if you are the most die hard fan of Naruto, how can you get excited about future battles when they will consist of nothing but giant energy constructs flinging attacks at one another ?

Oh, look out, here comes a Bijuu bomb !!! Ah, SusanoO blocked it.

Sweet, SusanoO is about to slash. Bai mountains !!! Oh, can't get through the Kyuubi.

Does that sound exciting to you ? Even if the beginning is a bit more diverse you know it will end like that.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (06-12-2012), ckraizitee (06-13-2012), jts105 (06-14-2012), k-lai (06-12-2012), kluang (06-13-2012), Mail (06-12-2012), platinumrug (06-12-2012), saiyaman (06-12-2012), Senkradlol (06-12-2012), thegodfather2450 (06-14-2012)

Old 06-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: SusanoO, the final nail on the coffin.

I get excited because when Naruto and Sasuke fight each other, their super all-powerful jutsus are going to completely cancel each other out and drain them of all power that the fight will come down to a rasengan-chidori charge.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kluang (06-12-2012), Narut0360 (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

i'm with ACt on this one. i think we'll see naruto have like a million clones, while sasuke spams amerterasu. we'll see sasuke's perfect susanoo go against the ultimate fuuton bijuu bomb. both completely drained except for one more jutsu apiece, we see the chidori/rasengan clash.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Well, ACt and j_k already took the words out of my mouth about that, but I'll say something about the power levels status.

I prefer strategic fights way better than straight destruction fights (but, of course, there has to be decent action, Uchiha brothers vs Kabuto was very strategic but the action was poor) and these later fights are all about destruction and that is abhorring in my opinion. What I'm really concerned about is the Juubi fight since it'll be ridiculous destruction all over the place. If the power levels stayed at IoP level, it'd be more enjoyable, but now with Susanoo leveling mountains with just a swing of a blade and meteors crushing down at will... yeah, all flash, no substance in that.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (06-12-2012), ckraizitee (06-13-2012), Narut0360 (06-12-2012), royalmage (06-12-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about

I can understand the frustration with the current direction of the manga and I agree the part one fun was with the stategy that was involved in the fights.. especially the hunt for sasuke fights those were great Neji for the win! But those days for the time being are on the shelf. Granted we were in the midst of a war and there were other wars alluded to in the manga and there was a time when things were toned down( when the manga first started) hopefully kishi wont try to keep the rollercoaster going and realize that we need these more intimate smaller battles as well and not everythign needs to be4 handled with a nuke..

Even tho I enjoyed the impact form Madara's Susanoo I hope kishi doesn't feel the need to keep escalating events but allow the story to progress in a natural manner.
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Human Rasengan For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (06-13-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
saiyaman
Chuunin

saiyaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed. It is boring right now. Powerful jutsu here and there and all sense of Naruto Part I still away in dust.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

I actually found EMS Sharingan evolving to Rinnengan just as stupid, and awful somehow. Trying to make the Byakugan something, then leaving that shit hanging was bad enough for the special 'eyes'.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 06-12-2012 at 12:33 PM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Susanoo probably wouldn't have been so bad had it had limits, like a time limit or would cause the user extreme fatigue and could only pull it off once for like a few minutes or something. It'd be that Ace in the hole for dire situations, same with the bijuu bomb or whatever super technique that can rival Susanoo.

Or maybe even restrict the jutsu with limits. Take DBZ for example. Goku's ultimate attack you could say is the Spirit Bomb. It requires him to gather enough energy to destroy his enemy, takes time to gather said energy, and time to aim. Susanoo should be something like that where it'd take time to conjure up for use I think. Once you start spamming ridiculous jutsus like that then all the fun is sucked out of the fight formula.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

honestly, there is potential for the final confrontation between sasuke and naruto. of course we're going to have powerups out the wazoo, but how the fight is handled.... that's the delicate question.

i don't mind madara, sasuke, and naruto having powerups that no other shinobi has, as long as they have reprecussions, like spiegel stated. and in all honesty, so far, every power up that naruto has received, it's had some sort of limitation: sage mode 5 min limit, uber-kurama mode time limit, the frs requires sage mode or kurama mode. once a sharingan user has achieved the ems, from what has been stated, it seems like said user could spam amerterasu and susanoo all the day long, with little to no drawbacks.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Godzilla!!!

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
platinumrug (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,283 Times in 2,925 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

If you go back to the Itachi/Sasuke vs Kabuto fight ( Yeah, I know ), the only attacks that had any measure of success were sound based ones, because, miraculously, SusanoO doesn't automatically process bad noises and releases them as pleasant music. I wouldn't be surprised if it gained that ability later on. I hope Naruto has a giant boom box blasting Chris Brown to remove SusanoO right away and then gets hit with chakra draining rays from off planet, otherwise this will be seriously lame.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all

I'm really not a fan of sasanoo either... I prefer the shinobi to fight eachother without huge jutsu in the way except the occasional boss summon...sasanoo and narutos new full kyuubi form is boring and lame just sitting around throwing giant energy balls or swinging giant swords....

I enjoy high speed taijutsu/ninjutsu battles, not clunky immobile beasts size battle... IMO, the only to salvage the naruto vs sasuke fight iis if naruto can use his full kyuubi form without being in the kyuubi which acts like barrier like sasanoo.... if he can step out and use his increased power for even greater speed, ninjutsu ect... And if sasuke can find a way to condense a perfect sasanoo to the size of his body so he can still have its ultimate defense, but have four arms to fight with that can be extened at will for high speed taijutsu and still use ninjutsu... like having his sasanoo use a 4 arm chidori attack or something....
If not the final battle will be stupid and just whoever can hulk smash harder winzzzzz............ Spppppppppppppppppppppppp *thumbs down*

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...

MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....

ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #13
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Ugh. I really need to decide on a sarcasm font.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #14
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Ugh. I really need to decide on a sarcasm font.
Who the hell would mistake that for a serious comment? We all know how much of a letdown Naruto vs Sasuke will be in terms of action enjoyment.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
ACt
Heart Wizard

J_h did. And people are treating this all seriously. The point was, it's gonna end like all their fights - chidori and rasengan. The big booms before that mean nothing, so why give a crap about all these overpowered techs when they don't matter. Chidori; Rasengan. Done. The whole fight is pretty well telegraphed.

Of course, it could be a Kyuubi-bomb rasengan and a Susanoo chidori before that. Same shit, different boom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
k-lai (06-12-2012), platinumrug (06-12-2012)