Toriko 198 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,272 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Toriko 198

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c198/

This manga is beginning to bore me.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (08-03-2012)

Old 08-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road
Re: Toriko 198

Well I have to be honest I did imagine that they might pull something along this line, 4 beasts not being the actual threat yada yada.

Was quite glad that the other HK's went and got Food Honour wasnt just Toriko, although did it say Zebra has food honour ?

I dont know I wont lie the last few chapters have been ok but I dont think the series has been as good as the arc in the ice mountains or the one were Zebra and Toriko teamed up.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I also think Ice Hell was the best arc in Toriko so far. There was meaningful world building, I actually gave a damn about Komatsu during it which speaks volumes since I view him in the same light as Sakura these days.

I'm tired of constant power ups and big explosions, I want story, characterization, something to sink my teeth into. Toriko is not giving me that right now.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

Dagoro, you might aswell drop it then.

How many development did we get btw of Toriko the main character? Well we still have his past which seems interesting though.

Anyway I don't think the manga will get better in your opinion at least cause the shit will only get crazier in gourmet world.

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

It's not the craziness that annoys me, it's the lack of story telling in general. This is beginning to reflect in the sales if you ask me, Toriko didn't even crack the top 10 in this first half.

If we get a good story along with the over the top shit in the GW I'll be the first to praise the series. Can't do that currently.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

What was that thing at the end? It kinda looked like a mummified nitro that had been ripped to pieces. Maybe it absorbs minute amounts of nutrients through the soil, and gains enough strengthen to wake up every few centuries to send out a "distress signal" to the 4 beast monster, that then sends the 4 beasts in as a rescue squad. It would explain why the beasts come to the human world, since that's where the thing is located.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
Torikonarutoonepiece
Academy Student

Torikonarutoonepiece is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
What was that thing at the end? It kinda looked like a mummified nitro that had been ripped to pieces. Maybe it absorbs minute amounts of nutrients through the soil, and gains enough strengthen to wake up every few centuries to send out a "distress signal" to the 4 beast monster, that then sends the 4 beasts in as a rescue squad. It would explain why the beasts come to the human world, since that's where the thing is located.
I have feeling could be the rest of the 4 beast body doesn't really look like nitro!
Torikonarutoonepiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #8
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,704 Times in 2,856 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

I nearly threw up from that octopus monster, holy shit.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #9
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikonarutoonepiece View Post
I have feeling could be the rest of the 4 beast body doesn't really look like nitro!
Thing is, they said these 4 beasts are just the "limbs" of the monster itself. Meaning there is a monster out there that has some kind of mind controlling powers or whatever. They then said that that monster was being manipulated by an outside force, and then showed that unidentified creature in the center of human world. Meaning the thing in question isn't the 4beasts monster but the manipulator of it.

There really isn't anything else besides nitro that I could think of controlling a monster of this level. We've seen in the food pyramid arc that they can remain dormant (damn near petrified) for long periods of time and then wake up. So having another Nitro in human world that has been severely damaged makes sense.

Edit: Also the creature may be reacting to the presence of "god". They said the last time it woke up was when the president was fairly young. I wonder if this was around the time that Acacia discovered God, and took him as a pupil. There could be some sort if connection.

Last edited by ask me anything; 08-03-2012 at 01:05 AM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
Torikonarutoonepiece
Academy Student

Torikonarutoonepiece is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Thing is, they said these 4 beasts are just the "limbs" of the monster itself. Meaning there is a monster out there that has some kind of mind controlling powers or whatever. They then said that that monster was being manipulated by an outside force, and then showed that unidentified creature in the center of human world. Meaning the thing in question isn't the 4beasts monster but the manipulator of it.

There really isn't anything else besides nitro that I could think of controlling a monster of this level. We've seen in the food pyramid arc that they can remain dormant (damn near petrified) for long periods of time and then wake up. So having another Nitro in human world that has been severely damaged makes sense.

Edit: Also the creature may be reacting to the presence of "god". They said the last time it woke up was when the president was fairly young. I wonder if this was around the time that Acacia discovered God, and took him as a pupil. There could be some sort if connection.
I see you point the creatures in human world might be a way to protect god from any other living beings,if that's an actual nitro in central of human world, it might be some sort of acient nitro!
Torikonarutoonepiece is offline   Reply With Quote