Toriko 199 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 08-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,283 Times in 2,925 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Toriko 199

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c199/

Here it is.

Well, that was quick.

A bit anti-climatic.

Last edited by Dagoro; 08-12-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-13-2012), Buck09 (08-12-2012)

Old 08-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road
Re: Toriko 199

There new moves were actually really cool, so I enjoyed seeing them but the fact that each of them got like two pages to beat the beast there fighting was too short in my opinion.

I just hope all four race to the city to fight the 'mastermind' and that fight will take longer than half a chapter or even a chapter.

So when do you think were going to see the old dude Vs the main evil guy ?
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #3
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck09 View Post
There new moves were actually really cool, so I enjoyed seeing them but the fact that each of them got like two pages to beat the beast there fighting was too short in my opinion.

I just hope all four race to the city to fight the 'mastermind' and that fight will take longer than half a chapter or even a chapter.
That's what I was thinking too. Maybe the fight against the Four Beasts was supposed to be anti-climactic for the main fight with the mastermind where the Four Heavenly King will really be put through the test and fight together as a team.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

Zebra is getting annoying, a rip-off from Kenpachi.

I don't think i'm the only guy who thinks that right?

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

You're the only one that thinks that. Besides their barbaric way of fighting and lust fights, I don't see any other similarities. There are tons of other characters that fit their traits in manga.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
You're the only one that thinks that. Besides their barbaric way of fighting and lust fights, I don't see any other similarities. There are tons of other characters that fit their traits in manga.
Damn... Oh well

Old 08-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumakinagato View Post

Well to be honest I dont think hes getting annoying but yeah hes defiantely the Kenpachi of this manga series. The only thing that kind of annoys me is the fact that hes gets to do some new powerful moves, without the need to go through Food Honor and stuff. But I really am not that bothered about it.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Old 08-14-2012, 03:38 AM   #8
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,858 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

Leg knife boomerang was pretty cool and moreso that poison spear. The moves are cool but the names are fucking corny.
ninjalostboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:

Both follow the same archetype. Loud, careless, love to fight, both are alpha males and they have the same fatal flaw. No substance.

No meaningful character development, just lots of power and hot air.

PS: Zebra is annoying with the 1 liners. Why people worship him as the epitome of badass is beyond me.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:

Both follow the same archetype. Loud, careless, love to fight, both are alpha males and they have the same fatal flaw. No substance.

No meaningful character development, just lots of power and hot air.

PS: Zebra is annoying with the 1 liners. Why people worship him as the epitome of badass is beyond me.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #11
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

That's my thing aswell. People always get crazy when he gives these 1 liners. Don't get it.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Well I actually really liked Zebra during the first arc he was introduced, the one were him and Toriko ended up fighting that Nitro and looking for some Cola.

I thought he was awesome during that Arc but after that we have hardly seen him so.