New To One Piece - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 06-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Baako
Academy Student

Baako is an unknown quantity at this point
New To One Piece

Hi guys,

I've been watching One Piece anime and im up to episode 530.

Soon I will be waiting for each new episode to come out and was wondering around which Chapter in the Manga that will take me so I can start reading from there on.

Also wondering if there are any story ARCs the anime does not show. eg. in Naruto the anime misses out Kakashi getting his sharingan and doesn't show it until quite a bit later.

Gotta say this is a sweet series and not even sure why I put off watching it until recently.

thanks in advance.
Baako is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of
Re: New To One Piece

havent watched the last 2 episode, should be around here http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/629/2

SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
emachina
Jounin

emachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura about

I just started watching myself, just got to meet Tony Tony Chopper. And we're in Alabaster in the desert. Lashes has become the girls' pet. I'm enjoying the hell out of this series. Can't wait to get further along.
emachina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to emachina For This Useful Post:
Gakure (08-27-2012), kluang (06-05-2012), NeoKakarott023 (06-05-2012), Numinous (06-05-2012), ronnie_10 (08-27-2012), Spiegel (08-26-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by emachina View Post
I just started watching myself, just got to meet Tony Tony Chopper. And we're in Alabaster in the desert. Lashes has become the girls' pet. I'm enjoying the hell out of this series. Can't wait to get further along.
You're in for a treat, Alabasta's arc ending is good and the next saga, Skypea, is easily one of the best sagas of the series. Trust me, the more you read One Piece, the better it gets.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
emachina (06-05-2012), Gakure (08-27-2012), kluang (06-05-2012), NeoKakarott023 (06-05-2012), Spiegel (08-26-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
emachina
Jounin

emachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
You're in for a treat, Alabasta's arc ending is good and the next saga, Skypea, is easily one of the best sagas of the series. Trust me, the more you read One Piece, the better it gets.
It has too. I was in Japan in 2010, it was absolutely all consuming over there. This was the same time the new Evangelion was released. Everything over there was Evangelion and One Piece. I shit you not. I actually picked up two figurines commemorating DBZ and One Piece's anniversaries. They're of Nami dressed as Goku and Bulma dressed as Luffy.

Decided to get into the series then, but waited for Funimation to start releasing the series in seasons. So, now I'm reading the manga and collecting the anime. All his characters have such intriquing back stories, it's amazing. I'm not shocked it's lasted as long as it has. So far, Zoro is my favorite and I can't wait to see how he and Tashigi's stories come together. I r excited!

Last edited by emachina; 06-05-2012 at 10:57 AM.
emachina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emachina For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (06-05-2012), Numinous (06-05-2012), Spiegel (08-26-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Quote for Truth. I get in the OP bus ride quite late due to the bizzare char design. But Shrike, Num and few others know how to sell their product and so I jump in. Never regret that decision. One of the best SJ manga. Top 10 for me.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
emachina (06-05-2012), Gakure (08-27-2012), Numinous (06-05-2012), Spiegel (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by emachina
I personally think its the best shonen series made. Been following it for several years and I still can't get enough of it. Keep reading it, Arabasta is probably the turning point for the series and where it started gaining mass popularity. And as some pointed out, Skypea is probably the best saga in the series with Enies Lobby/Water 7 coming in to a close tie. It's an amazing and well written series where the author actually cares about maintain the integrity of the story.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Gakure (08-27-2012), NeoKakarott023 (06-05-2012), Numinous (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by emachina View Post
It has too. I was in Japan in 2010, it was absolutely all consuming over there. This was the same time the new Evangelion was released. Everything over there was Evangelion and One Piece. I shit you not. I actually picked up two figurines commemorating DBZ and One Piece's anniversaries. They're of Nami dressed as Goku and Bulma dressed as Luffy.

Decided to get into the series then, but waited for Funimation to start releasing the series in seasons. So, now I'm reading the manga and collecting the anime. All his characters have such intriquing back stories, it's amazing. I'm not shocked it's lasted as long as it has. So far, Zoro is my favorite and I can't wait to see how he and Tashigi's stories come together. I r excited!
I was you about 6 to 8 months ago, ONE PIECE IS THE BEST SHOUNEN MANGA GOING PERIOD. After Alabasta, this manga will shit stomp both Bleach, and Naruto for you, and you'll wonder, and I was hyped over that shit exactly why.....?

As someone told me when I was where you are at..... enjoy the ride, as I think about it it was SirBenoit. I'll add this, take your time and cherish what you dig. Once you arrive to where most of us are, you'll still love the series, but climbing the mountain you're about to... is a HELLUVA RIDE....REAL TALK.

Btw, Veng told me to start reading tha shit eons ago, the Pirate subject matter didn't interest me... what a fucking fool I was, lol.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 06-05-2012 at 01:23 PM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (08-28-2012), Ero-Sage (06-11-2012), Numinous (06-05-2012)
Old 08-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
gringie
my ninja way!

gringie is an unknown quantity at this point

one piece is a great story regardless of the art work that people keeps sh*tin on, it has great comedy as well... i've gave one piece a shot like 2 yrs ago cause i had caught up on the naruto series and just finished the full metal alchemist story... bleach didn't sit well for me so i jumped on one piece anime first to give it a try... and wouldn't you believe it that me and my girl sat for weeks going through the the years of episodes.. less than a month i was up to date with the manga... and personally for me one piece story line is way better than naruto's... but to me full metal alchemist tops them all

I'll toss your baby with an explosive seal tag on it!!!
gringie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gringie For This Useful Post:
SirBenoit (08-25-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #10
Reesaroni
Genin

Reesaroni is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally started reading this myself a bit ago after reading posts for the last few years saying to check this out, upset that I didn't get into it earlier it's always a good read
Reesaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #11
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Enjoy reading this grand adventure.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote