Edo tensei questions - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
shinobido
Academy Student

shinobido is an unknown quantity at this point
Edo tensei questions

this is not a theory just some doubts that i have

1. if edo tensei resurect the person in their original form... example; sasori as human and not as a puppet, how come nagato doesnt have his original eyes (since accordint to obito/tobi those eyes belonged to madara in the first place)

2. Kabuto revive powerful shinobis... even rare ones as the gold and silver brother and former kages and jinchurikis... why didnt he bother on revive the strongest clan (uchihas) with them on his side the war it would be a breeze
shinobido is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobido For This Useful Post:
jericho Uzimaki (09-22-2012)

Old 09-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

Thanked 1,558 Times in 509 Posts
jericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura about
Re: Edo tensei questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobido View Post

1. if edo tensei resurect the person in their original form... example; sasori as human and not as a puppet, how come nagato doesnt have his original eyes (since accordint to obito/tobi those eyes belonged to madara in the first place)

2. Kabuto revive powerful shinobis... even rare ones as the gold and silver brother and former kages and jinchurikis... why didnt he bother on revive the strongest clan (uchihas) with them on his side the war it would be a breeze
1. Edo Tensei ressurects the they way YOU were when you died. It does NOT include inorganic materials. Example Sasori puppet body and Deidara Genjutsu proof eye. Those eyes were part of Nagato
When he died, be them transplants or originals.

2. Kabuto didn't have their DNA because all the bodies were destroyed and ONLY Obito(Tobdara) and Danzo had the eyeballs from the massacre.

Last edited by jericho Uzimaki; 09-22-2012 at 01:04 AM.
jericho Uzimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jericho Uzimaki For This Useful Post:
k-lai (09-22-2012), ninjalostboy95 (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
k-lai
ANBU

k-lai will become famous soon enoughk-lai will become famous soon enoughk-lai will become famous soon enough

Strange enough he did also resurrect any senju too. or were they also destroyed?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
Reesaroni
Genin

Reesaroni is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-lai View Post
Strange enough he did also resurrect any senju too. or were they also destroyed?
The only Senju in the manga so far have been the first and second hokages, Tsunade, and Tsunade's brother Nawaki (I think that's his name) I believe. The first and second are sealed in the death reaper jutsu and can't be summoned and Tsunade was still alive. The only person he could have edo'd was Nawaki and he wasn't worth the trouble.
Reesaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
Kakkakuzu
Chuunin

Kakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesaroni View Post
The only Senju in the manga so far have been the first and second hokages, Tsunade, and Tsunade's brother Nawaki (I think that's his name) I believe. The first and second are sealed in the death reaper jutsu and can't be summoned and Tsunade was still alive. The only person he could have edo'd was Nawaki and he wasn't worth the trouble.
But he could've resurrected some strong Senju we haven't even heard about. We hadn't heard about the gold and silver brothers, for example, before the edo tensei either.
jericho Uzimaki (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
Vishnu
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 2,172 Times in 789 Posts
Vishnu will become famous soon enoughVishnu will become famous soon enoughVishnu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkakuzu View Post
But he could've resurrected some strong Senju we haven't even heard about. We hadn't heard about the gold and silver brothers, for example, before the edo tensei either.
So he can off panel them too? Just like he did with the Seven Swordsmen?
Everything is permitted!

Quote:
We know the light...but when we shall create the dark?
Check out the new fanfiction bloghttp://celestcity.blogspot.com
Vishnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

TheBaron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
Why should he not be able to? He Off Panel a lot of stuff - Just because you don't see it, does not mean it did not happen - I.e. The Seven Swordsmen, the the golden/silver brothers bla.bla.bla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobido View Post

"Rare ones"? Every single Ninja in these series are rare since there are only 1 of them. I suppose that you by "rare" mean "incredibly skilled, talented and awfully mean bastards!" He could not revive the Uchiha clan as he (supposedly) don't have their DNA - which is required to revive them. 2nd. reason is ofc. also, that the series would be over sooner rather than later.

Last edited by TheBaron; 09-22-2012 at 05:52 PM.
TheBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #8
Kakkakuzu
Chuunin

Kakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the roughKakkakuzu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
I wasn't saying he should've "edo tensei'd" more crap. I think he ressurected way too many already, and I think he realized it himself which is why he started off paneling the uninteresting fights that were taking the plot nowhere. For example, the Seven Swordsmen battle. And I think the off paneling of the kage fight (that had already dragged on a bit) was done merely for dramatic effect. Meaning that the reader only finds the end result as Naruto himself does. Not that everyone didn't realize what would happen anyway as Madara was already shown to be ridiculously overpowered.

My only point was that the fact that he hasn't introduced any other Senju in the manga before is not a sufficient reason for him not to conjure them up with the edo tensei. He did it with other people. I don't really care either way.

Last edited by Kakkakuzu; 09-22-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Kakkakuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
Gamabunta
Chuunin

Gamabunta will become famous soon enoughGamabunta will become famous soon enough

Those unknown senju before hashirama are difficult to find like the sage sons... Otherwise the latter could have been edo-ed too.
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:49 AM   #10
Vishnu
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 2,172 Times in 789 Posts
Vishnu will become famous soon enoughVishnu will become famous soon enoughVishnu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkakuzu View Post
I wasn't saying he should've "edo tensei'd" more crap. I think he ressurected way too many already, and I think he realized it himself which is why he started off paneling the uninteresting fights that were taking the plot nowhere. For example, the Seven Swordsmen battle. And I think the off paneling of the kage fight (that had already dragged on a bit) was done merely for dramatic effect. Meaning that the reader only finds the end result as Naruto himself does. Not that everyone didn't realize what would happen anyway as Madara was already shown to be ridiculously overpowered.

My only point was that the fact that he hasn't introduced any other Senju in the manga before is not a sufficient reason for him not to conjure them up with the edo tensei. He did it with other people. I don't really care either way.
I agree, the Kages were off paneled for dramatic effect. But, the problem is that he hyped the Seven Swordsmen for example, and left us with no clear image about them. And it would have been relevant in order to show Kakashi's development. And i think that It would have been more interesting to show us the Swordsmen fight rather than Naruto checking an armadillo's genitals.
Everything is permitted!

Quote:
We know the light...but when we shall create the dark?
Check out the new fanfiction bloghttp://celestcity.blogspot.com
Vishnu is offline   Reply With Quote