Fairy Tail 301 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 09-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #16
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road
Re: Fairy Tail 301

[QUOTE=Loke;2125233
EDIT:

@Buck09: I understood it the way that all anti-human dragons were exterminated by humans. And then, afterwards, they started turning on the friendly dragons, too - eventually (almost) extinguishing them as well.

In other words, my guess is that the "original" anti-human faction won't be featured much in the future. Depending on what will happen with the surviving dragons during this arc, there might be room for some formerly friendly dragons that *now* hate humans and seek for revenge. But this is of course pure speculation [/QUOTE]

I understand what you mean there, but for future arcs for example a faction of the anti human dragons would prove to be a better like experience fight for Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel for getting experience in fighting Dragons. Because from the looks of this Aconolgia is going to be in a fight soon and there going to need to fight an actual Dragon before there ready for him.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buck09 For This Useful Post:
Loke (09-29-2012)

Old 09-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #17
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

I'm gonna bet Igneel was originally on the anti-coexisting side. He's seems way too fierce to be some peace loving dragon hippy. Watch him be the fucking general of that faction, lol. Many dragons died to Acnologia in that war...he did not. Just Sayin'. He even told Grandine once "you dare enrage the great Igneel". To tell a fellow dragon to basically "fuck off" you either got to be ballsy or be able to back it up. I'm go with it being both in his case.

Sometime during the war Igneel got into a huge battle. He saw some powerful Dragonslayer (other then acnologia) pwning his allies like n00bs, and was all like "Come at me bro". They had an epic battle ending in a draw, and developed a mutual respect for one anothers epic battle powers in the process. Acnologia went batshit insane and started his bullshit. He was so obsessed with killing dragons that it became addictive. Their blood was like cocaine for him, and like all junkies he needed an ever bigger dose to keep going. Finally he wasn't even content with the dragon fodder and needed some of the good shit. He tracked down Igneel and tried to kill him. They battled for a while and Igneel started to lose. That's when his DragonSlayer buddy showed up pretty pissed at acnologia for turning traitor, and teamed up with Ingneel.....I'll just skip to the end. DS dude died in the battle, and Igneel was all sad and shit. He started respecting humans (as I suspect many of his group did also in the course of the war) and asked to just end the war. The remaining dragons joined forces and either sealed acnologia away or he ran away knowing even he couldn't take on everybody at once.

Pretty straight forward stuff really.

Last edited by ask me anything; 09-28-2012 at 10:38 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Loke (09-29-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #18
DRAGONBPY
Chuunin

DRAGONBPY is on a distinguished road

Fairy Tail story is going strong IMO. Anime is coming out of filla next week. Hopefully in the anime they will extend the battles to 2 episodes for the games to slow down the anime to prevent another filla arc
DRAGONBPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #19
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
I'm gonna bet Igneel was originally on the anti-coexisting side. He's seems way too fierce to be some peace loving dragon hippy. Watch him be the fucking general of that faction, lol. Many dragons died to Acnologia in that war...he did not. Just Sayin'. He even told Grandine once "you dare enrage the great Igneel". To tell a fellow dragon to basically "fuck off" you either got to be ballsy or be able to back it up. I'm go with it being both in his case.

Sometime during the war Igneel got into a huge battle. He saw some powerful Dragonslayer (other then acnologia) pwning his allies like n00bs, and was all like "Come at me bro". They had an epic battle ending in a draw, and developed a mutual respect for one anothers epic battle powers in the process. Acnologia went batshit insane and started his bullshit. He was so obsessed with killing dragons that it became addictive. Their blood was like cocaine for him, and like all junkies he needed an ever bigger dose to keep going. Finally he wasn't even content with the dragon fodder and needed some of the good shit. He tracked down Igneel and tried to kill him. They battled for a while and Igneel started to lose. That's when his DragonSlayer buddy showed up pretty pissed at acnologia for turning traitor, and teamed up with Ingneel.....I'll just skip to the end. DS dude died in the battle, and Igneel was all sad and shit. He started respecting humans (as I suspect many of his group did also in the course of the war) and asked to just end the war. The remaining dragons joined forces and either sealed acnologia away or he ran away knowing even he couldn't take on everybody at once.

Pretty straight forward stuff really.
I like your thought process with this a lot, however I see it playing out a little differently. Igneel was on the opposing humans side. He was probably the leader of that faction , after Acnologia had turned into the monster he was. Igneel battled Acnologia after witnessing him killing dragons supposedly on his (Acnologia) side. Acnologia was about to defeat/kill Igneel when he was saved by a DS, who sacrificed him/herself to save Igneel. As repayment for that sacrifice, Igneel raised the DS's child, Natsu as his own.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
Loke
Genin

Loke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck09 View Post
I understand what you mean there, but for future arcs for example a faction of the anti human dragons would prove to be a better like experience fight for Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel for getting experience in fighting Dragons. Because from the looks of this Aconolgia is going to be in a fight soon and there going to need to fight an actual Dragon before there ready for him.
I see, where you are coming from. And don't get me wrong, I would totally like to read such a story arc. I just don't think we will get to see something like it... I mean, the old DSs wiped out those "bad" dragons and even turned on the remaining "good" ones. So there shouldn't be too much left. And Hiro just isn't the type of author, of whom I believe he would create a twisted side-plot where the faction of those "bad" dragons actually survived afterall.
Rather than that, maybe some single survivor of that time (anti-human or formerly-pro-human now on a vengeance trip). Depending on how it's done, it could still easily suffice for a nice plot and could serve as a "mini-boss" before Acnologia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
I'm gonna bet Igneel was originally on the anti-coexisting side.
Totally possible and nice thoughts. Could very well happen.

On the other hand, Igneel being a hothead boasting full of self-esteem doesn't necessarily have to hint that he has been one of the "bad dudes" in the past. To me, when I read the chapter, where he appeared, it only seemed like Hiro wanted to portray Natsu-like features on Igneel.
(I.e. Igneel getting mad when he thought Grandine was threatening his son.)
Old 09-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #21
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

^ I picture Igneel as being the "vegeta" of the dragons. A villain that later reforms his ways but keeps his edgy attitude, and is never really considered by anyone to be a "nice guy" that they enjoy hanging around. Classic anti-hero stereotypical character.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote