OP 683 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #1
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
OP 683

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/683

ENJOY!

So Law got taken down by Vergo in a split second...dude used Counter Shock??!!! Dude is nasty. So Monet uses Snow Snow fruit lol. Cool a slight indifference than Ajioki. Chopper was passed the note from Mocha or whatever the girls name is. Smoker vs Vergo which we all foresaw. Luffy can fly Monet...he can..... cool chapter

Last edited by apacolypz; 10-02-2012 at 06:31 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,023 Times in 583 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough
Re: OP 683

Oh wow. Vergo is quite the fighter. The children part was a bit irk for me and trust Luffy to get into more trouble. UFO would settle that, lol. The guy is rubber for crying out loud.

This brings much into question Law's Haki prowess, he was a bit lacking for me. Using Sanji as a base for analysis, I thought Law did poorly even in his own "room". That being said, Smoker should be an easy breezy for Vergo.

Monet just met the worst people she could have met with regards to her powers. Firestyle swordsman(who creates and cut fire), Brook(who also uses cold), Usoop(uses fire darts and traps in his attacks), Robin(grows out any part of her body anywhere) and last but not least Zoro(no comments). She's gonna be turned into a pile of pulp in 3 seconds.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,926 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Vergo taking down Law is completely logical, it's difficult to fight when someone is squeezing your heart.

The pacing in this chapter was pretty fast and disorganized, but I got the gist. What happened to Luffy is the usual "Luffy gets trapped/lost so the crew can have the spot light" thing that Oda always uses. He'll be back to finish things as always.

I really want Robin to fight Monet, and air battle with her using wing would be pretty cool. Monet's ability needs to be explained a bit, I like the shield and I do get the concept of extreme cold shutting down a person's body, buy why the hell is she a Harpy ?

Good chapter overall.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Scientia (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
apacolypz
ANBU

Yeah that is what I was having difficulty with...maybe CC experimented on her..maybe that is where she gets the harpy abilities but her trait belongs to Snow DFruit.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

She could be a snow harpy, there is a theory out there that she ate a mythical Zoan named Yuki Onna, which is a mythical snow entity in japanese folklore.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Spiegel (10-03-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
She could be a snow harpy, there is a theory out there that she ate a mythical Zoan named Yuki Onna, which is a mythical snow entity in japanese folklore.
That would be cool....though I am still having some issues..did she notice Chopper? We now know Chopper was talking with the little girl but Monet still seems suspect. Why is she so loyal to CC?...I am beginning to believe there is some hidden agenda/connection between her and Dfla. Vergo beating Law may have been logical but yeah I agree where is his Haki? Got beat to shame. Even got his hat knocked off. Being within his own room I thought more of him.. Though I do understand...dude has his heart. What exactly was Law about to do?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

@apacolypz put the full name of the manga in the name of thread

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

I still say Monet is related to Don. Luffy disappearing, expected. Law owned in his own shit, NOT expected, he was supposedly the truth in Room.

Trying to see how they're gonna break off, and whom faces whom. Btw, Smokers gonna beat Vergo... watch. Smokers going to be around for a while, Vergo is just a stand in bad guy for this arc that won't last past this one prolly.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #9
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
Law owned in his own shit, NOT expected, he was supposedly the truth in Room.
In fair combat, yes. In this situation however, nope.

The first thing Law tried to do was to get his heart back, and any move that is not a offensive one against a guy like Vergo is a wasted move. Vergo Soru over to Law and kicked his ass, Law has no chance while his heart is in Vergo's hands.

This was a luck of the draw thing. Remember, Smoker was supposed to be fighting Vergo while Law was poking around SAD, but he encountered CC with Luffy instead. CC's henchmen announced that Law was in the the SAD room making him Vergo's target.

As Law pointed out Vergo is the one person he didn't account for in this island, he probably wanted to avoid him until he got his heart back.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #10
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumakinagato View Post
@apacolypz put the full name of the manga in the name of thread
LOL excuse me Uzumakinagato..didn't mean to hurt your chances at deciding which chapter was current....I would of put the entire title if this website didn't have constant errors in thread titles...

btw good post....
Old 10-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
ronnie_10
Genin

ronnie_10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
I think law gave her those wings and legs like he did to others. I cant remember seeing her without her wings in PH. And zoans usually fall back to there human form during downtimes.

Vergo is a beast though, he's almost beaten 2 of the 5 toughest fighters in PH. The way things usually go in OP arcs, zoro should be the one to take on Vergo. But smoker has a more natural reason to take him down.
ronnie_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #12
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie_10 View Post
I think law gave her those wings and legs like he did to others. I cant remember seeing her without her wings in PH. And zoans usually fall back to there human form during downtimes.

Vergo is a beast though, he's almost beaten 2 of the 5 toughest fighters in PH. The way things usually go in OP arcs, zoro should be the one to take on Vergo. But smoker has a more natural reason to take him down.
No she had the wings and what not when Law arrived to the island...She was there with him and CC originally
Old 10-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
LOL excuse me Uzumakinagato..didn't mean to hurt your chances at deciding which chapter was current....I would of put the entire title if this website didn't have constant errors in thread titles...

btw good post....
Talk about being butthurt for no reason

Don't need to be sarcastic, so 'go advanced' didn't work?

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #14
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Was quite an interesting chapter.

I like some of the theroys going around about Monet, but I think before Law came to Punk Hazard she was actually normal but had a Snow type Devil Fruit. And for some bizarre reason had Law use his ability to swap her body parts around.

The battle between Law and Vergo was brutal I cringed at how bad Law got punched. Was it just me who was sad to see his Law's hat knocked off ? But yeah giving the fight between Smoker and Law we saw how impressive he was, its just in this fight he couldnt really go on the offensive until he got his heart back from Vergo.

Looking forward to Smoker Vs Vergo, this will be Smokers time to show off more of his abilites since the time skip.

@Dag I do agree on the match up of Robin Vs Monet as I would like to think now Robin can use her wings ability for longer than the Thriller Bark arc.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #15
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumakinagato View Post
Talk about being butthurt for no reason

Don't need to be sarcastic, so 'go advanced' didn't work?
Butt Hurt? Naw not butt hurt..esp over a post about a title when apparently other members are having the same issue. Stubborn Donkey already sent me a email about it. I followed his idea and still had issues. Anyway sarcasm is my only charm....either come to love it or simply ignore it....