Japanese Students Shocked By Ignorant American Highschoolers - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:03 AM   #1
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil
Japanese Students Shocked By Ignorant American Highschoolers

Quote:
Japanese Students Shocked By Ignorant American Highschoolers
May 27, 2007 by James

Japanese “news” portal Ameba has published an article by a reporter who interviewed Japanese highschool students who had recently returned from short term exchange programs in the American Midwest. There was some shock that despite the fact that news over here is always talking about the popularity of various Japanese things in America (anime, sushi, Ichiro, etc), many Americans they encountered didn’t seem to know anything about Japan. While having homestay families that have no clue about Japan might be bad, it got even worse at school, where the Japanese students were subjected to the following:
  • Japan? What part of China is that?
  • Is your father a NINJA?
  • Was your father a SAMURAI?
  • Is your mother a GEISHA?
  • Can you do KARATE? [note: “karate” is pronounced “Kura-ri-” in America]
  • Sony is an American company! [said when the Japanese student brought up the famous Japanese company]
  • If you are shamed, don’t you have to commit HARAKIRI?
  • Do they have McDonald’s in Japan?
  • On the Japanese practice of eating seaweed and raw fish: I can’t believe it.
  • On the day before a student returned to Japan: I feel sorry for you. Starting tomorrow, you won’t be able to eat pizza anymore, and you’ll be eating seaweed again.
  • One reportedly was told the following: I heard Japanese girls have sideways vajinas . I want to see it just once!
Some of the Japanese students said that the fact that they were in small Midwestern towns without any other Asians was probably a factor in what happened. Perhaps if they’d have visited a more populated area, they would have encountered less ignorance?

http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=1835

all i could do was lol

Last edited by OffTheChain; 06-25-2007 at 06:05 AM.
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2007, 06:11 AM   #2
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
Re: Japanese Students Shocked By Ignorant American Highschoolers

The kids in the exchange programs probably lived in a place where Asians were a minority. It happens alot, and is too be expected... Especially coming from America. (Hawaii be diverse, and whites are the minority, so we don't really have this problem)
I certainly hope whoever asked the ninja question wasn't serious. o.o;

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:13 AM   #3
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Gee.The amount of the adulthood is clearly not at it's peak >.>
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:22 AM   #4
Zaith
Genin

Zaith is an unknown quantity at this point

Lawl, must've been a village filled with retards. How can you not know that Japan is a country?
Even how you don't have any knowledge on Japan, you should know your own country, America's history. What about the world war where America fought Japan?
Come'on, these are stuff you just know. Japan, is that in China? =S

Lawl, I did LOL'D a bit though.

Zaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:31 AM   #5
Naruto.Haruno
Banned

Naruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of lightNaruto.Haruno is a glorious beacon of light

Even though they don't know anything about Japan, They should at least have a little respect and watch their mouth, yeah?

Naruto.Haruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:47 AM   #6
IGOS
Hunter-Nin

IGOS is infamous around these partsIGOS is infamous around these partsIGOS is infamous around these partsIGOS is infamous around these partsIGOS is infamous around these partsIGOS is infamous around these partsIGOS is infamous around these partsIGOS is infamous around these partsIGOS is infamous around these partsIGOS is infamous around these parts

thats not too bad i used to work for a telemarketing group and i swear i had a southern American believing i work out of an igloo..... CANADIANS DON'T LIVE IN IGLOOS =_=.... it was pretty funny though.

yeah thats me and that is MY rifle >_> BAMMM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_NaRuTo_6 View Post
If you shoved a broom up my ass, put me on a trampoline on top of a skyscraper in an earthquake, cut of my arms, taken out my eyes I could have probablly made a better sig...on paint.
IGOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #7
Sairei
Genin

Sairei is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so ashamed of the mid-western american ignorence. The only thing they asked was stereotypical questions; "Is your father a ninja?".

They should hold those ignorant highschoolers back a year or enlighten them that life in Japan is not like anime.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."-Archer

Member Of The Square Enix FC
Proud member of the Yu-gi-oh FC
member of the legend of Zelda FC
Member of the megaman FC
Sairei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #8
SpaceMarine
Show me your Fury

SpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really niceSpaceMarine is just really nice

I agree with all of you. If japanese students came to my school, They would have gotten a little more respect...well maybe not. But I would know more about Japenses culture than most people. Its ignorant people that make America look bad to other countries.

Good to Go Member...Stand the fuck by...
SpaceMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #9
ElementalNinja 19
Chuunin

ElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to allElementalNinja 19 is a name known to all

Man either some people need to start brushing up on their world business knowledge or start watching more of the news. I have a buddy from Japan and if he saw these questions he would lol because these are so stupid...

Member of ~Naruto Addicts FC~

“Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati.”

Last edited by ElementalNinja 19; 06-25-2007 at 09:31 AM.
ElementalNinja 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:35 AM   #10
Kina
Star-Stuff

Thanked 1,181 Times in 646 Posts
Kina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud ofKina has much to be proud of

Dude, the town must have been full of idiots. Most places wouldn't have asked such ignorant questions. If they really wanted a good taste of America, they should have gone somewhere a bit more cultured.

Luck is a skill.

<Jonathan3

Don't hate on Rival.

When I wake on the last day of my life, I want to face it without regret.

Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #11
skwee
Hunter-Nin

skwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these partsskwee is infamous around these parts

Of course they got that response,they went to the mid-west.The mid-west is like most of america nad not a bad place by any means,but they have alot of small undiverese towns.If they whent to a more diverse place,like florida,or newyork,or california,the response may have been different.

"There are things you want to hear,and things you need to hear,
and I am here to tell them to you..."-Skwee
skwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
sasukesshadow
Genin

sasukesshadow is on a distinguished road

im guesing the school they were in was a extremely hicky school with no minorities. but im also guesing some students were just joking around ( like with the ninja statement)
sasukesshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:02 PM   #13
Rath
Hokuto

Rath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these partsRath is infamous around these parts

Yeah, it just seems like that those High schoolers tried to play out their ignorance by making idiotic jokes just for their own fun. You know how people can be. Total idiots in this world, it was probably the cheapest exchange program in all of the U.S., ... those Japanese exchange students sure are going to have a lot to say about "great" u.s.a.............. they should've stayed home, it wasn't worth going to the mid-west for this kind of program.

It's funny in a sad kind of way.

~psttt...click my 'stache~

and now most likely deceased *sniff*

FanClub
~The Legend of Zelda FC~
~Akatsuki FC~
~Kakashi FC~

Last edited by Rath; 06-25-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #14
Huna_Ichi
Genin

Location: In a country on a globe in a solar system in a galaxy in a universe thats really a pocket demention.
Huna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really niceHuna_Ichi is just really nice

Dude... who ever threw together the excange should be held respoacael for te isunderstanding of MOST americaln students. Wel- i take that back... IM from NY and if you go there its ust so mixed noone really cares- everyoes equal -also note thatthe sidways coment comes for hanel rising[sp?] the movie.[asanother funfact- he got slaughtered for it ^^]. Anyway, not all american students are like that. there are many who know plenty about the CURRENT japanese culture as well as the ast and aret ame enough to ask some of those stupid questions ormake those idiotic coments.... sorry- but i think next time they have an exchange ;ikethat they should pick a town with diversity- like most places in the USA. in FL e got blacs hites, latinos asians, you name it- and they all et along [well... for the most part. yustill have our racest scum bas around].then again on the flip side im sure that american students thatwent there might have also gotten some stupid uestions as well.... oh well people can suck and be really retarded some times...wevwe had an alstraian chik in our school and irememberthis one gy asked her if she had a pet kanga or if she ever wressleda crock... wth? how stupidcan people really be? (please forgive typos, im on my mosm lap top and its horribel]

..... O_O oh god..... its MOnthy Python all over... RUN AWAY!
Huna_Ichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:47 PM   #15
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

That's retarded. I guarantee I could go to Japan and find people that are just as stupid.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote