One piece 690 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 11-28-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,286 Times in 2,927 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
One piece 690

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/690/3

Enjoy.

Holy shit. Power jump much ?

Don't get me wrong, it looked badass, but this is some Mihawk level shit out of nowhere. The speech in the end speaks volumes about what is to come. WB was the top dog in the last era, the new kids are going to run this shit now.

....Holy shit. I hate that Smoker vs Vergo was off paneled, and it baffles me that it took Law so long to put his heart back in his chest. I assume Law is going to get rid of Shinokuni somehow since he pretty much cut the lab, the mountains and everything in two.

Last edited by Dagoro; 11-28-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (11-28-2012), Gakure (11-28-2012), NeoKakarott023 (11-28-2012), Numinous (11-28-2012), Scientia (11-30-2012), Senkradlol (11-28-2012)

Old 11-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #2
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road
Re: One piece 690

^ ya man ... that was one hella power up ... if he was able to do that now y didnt he do it b4 , (idiot) .... anyways , this is getting interesting .
I think the SAD will stop the shinokuni, i guess. Probably take out the DF from smiley and do something to it .... maybe
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:26 AM   #3
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

So Vergo is actually using Armament and not that (G-5) Iron fist technique someone was spouting way earlier???? I said Haki but I remember someone saying otherwise?

Wow so Law is making even bigger preparations for this current era. A prelude? That was the War of Marineford? So with these new factors, the Kidd Alliance could be another agenda to weaken the WG and also the Yonkou...Law may have thought this ahead even before meeting up with Luffy...wow epic last statement

Last edited by apacolypz; 11-28-2012 at 04:31 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:31 AM   #4
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

He was using Tekkai before. This time he used a full body Haki armor ( Luffy will be able to do that too ), which reveals a problem in my opinion.

How will Oda balance Haki in battles so it doesn't become pointless ?

Vergo was using a full body armor yet it did nothing. Obviously this means that Law is stronger than him which isn't surprising, but what happens in battles where the people involved are around the same level ?

Does haki make DF powers useless so it always comes down to who has better Haki and endurance ?

It will be interesting to see how Oda handles this, specially with CoO haki.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:36 AM   #5
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
He was using Tekkai before. This time he used a full body Haki armor ( Luffy will be able to do that too ), which reveals a problem in my opinion.

How will Oda balance Haki in battles so it doesn't become pointless ?

Vergo was using a full body armor yet it did nothing. Obviously this means that Law is stronger than him which isn't surprising, but what happens in battles where the people involved are around the same level ?

Does haki make DF powers useless so it always comes down to who has better Haki and endurance ?

It will be interesting to see how Oda handles this, specially with CoO haki.
Agreed, with the power levels being all over the place.. "haki" should be equal depending on its user...Vergo was known to be more powerful two years ago but Law grew his own power...making him stronger than Vergo?? Luffy will be able to use full body CoO Haki but agreed how will this threat of Haki vs Haki be played out... We have not seen this type of battle where Haki was mainly used to defeat a foe. I don't see Luffy needing fb Haki against CC. Up against a foe like Dofla Luffy will need every type of his Haki, Gomu Gomu arsenal strengthened on a whole another level...Thank God Oda didn't play smoker..at first I was like damn he getting handled then it was revealed he stole the heart... I want to see more of Smoker.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:39 AM   #6
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

If Law is this powerful Imagine what Kid can do. I was expecting this level of power at the end of the series, but with Law's feat in this chapter I can see Luffy smashing islands and Kid lifting multiple landmasses at once before the final battle.

Pure insanity. Did that Granny looked like the one that offered Orouge an umbrella in the lightning island to anyone else ? Kaidou territory ?
Old 11-28-2012, 04:45 AM   #7
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
If Law is this powerful Imagine what Kid can do. I was expecting this level of power at the end of the series, but with Law's feat in this chapter I can see Luffy smashing islands and Kid lifting multiple landmasses at once before the final battle.

Pure insanity. Did that Granny looked like the one that offered Orouge an umbrella in the lightning island to anyone else ? Kaidou territory ?
I thought that Granny did look familiar...it would be fitting to at least start showing a little more of Kaidou clan/group. Also it would be fitting to see what Big Ma'am has to say about CC's experiment. (If she can view it) Right now a lot of info has been revealed. With the next three journeys possibly being figured out Luffy is heading toward almost non stop action. CC-Dfla-Big Ma'am-Kaidou..then possibly the start the the whole new War arc....As Zoro said once they leave from here (VP) the real shit will be started....
Old 11-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Law's feat was so ridiculous that it overshadowed everything else lol. Kinemon thinks that the small western dragon was his son, that means that there may be hope for the little dragon after all, it would make a great pet should the SHs pacify it.

Luffy denting CC's face was hilarious, but that needs to end already. Zoro got lost, and where the hell is Franky ?

I bet he will be the one to engage Baby 5 and Buffalo in battle once they arrive. Weapon users collide. Law also managed to shut Dfla up a bit in the end, the guy had his serious face on. Pretty badass Law.

Last edited by Dagoro; 11-28-2012 at 04:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Numinous (11-28-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 04:56 AM   #9
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Law's feat was so ridiculous that it overshadowed everything else lol. Kinemon thinks that the small western dragon was his son, that means that there may be hope for the little dragon after all, it would make a great pet should the SHs pacify it.

Luffy denting CC's face was hilarious, but that needs to end already. Zoro got lost, and where the hell is Franky ?

I bet he will be the one to engage Baby 5 and Buffalo in battle once they arrive. Weapon users collide. Law also managed to shut Dfla up a bit in the end, the guy had his serious face on. Pretty badass Law.
In my Dave Hester voice (YYYYUUUPPPPPPP) if you watch Storage Wars lol

Law turned the tides of this arc with his statement...Being the figure that broke the gears and started this epic battle...he will put himself at the forefront by taking on the Yonkou one by one....
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
SirBenoit (11-29-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #10
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

He told Dfla that his days are numbered and that he is coming for his seat of power. Luffy and Law are the shit, both laugh at the notion that they should bow to the big dogs just because they have been around for a long time.

This is how the new surpasses the old.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (11-28-2012), Numinous (11-28-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 AM   #11
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
He told Dfla that his days are numbered and that he is coming for his seat of power. Luffy and Law are the shit, both laugh at the notion that they should bow to the big dogs just because they have been around for a long time.

This is how the new surpasses the old.
Preach Minister Dagoro!!! spot on!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #12
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

For the first time ever..Dofla was not amused...

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #13
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

The Law/Dfla convo reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgV4q...eature=related
Old 11-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #14
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

BRB, squealing like a fangirl over Law here.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Scientia (11-30-2012), SirBenoit (11-29-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,025 Times in 584 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

Truth be told this is ridiculous and brings to the fore Law's room range. This is certainly not raw swordmanship but his DF.

Amazing speech at the end. Time for Luffy to clean this mess up. I love this Luffy/Law attitude. "We are capturing CC and stopping SAD. Come get us" Real deal just began.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gakure For This Useful Post:
Sagensyg (11-28-2012)