When was the manga, in your opinion, at its peak? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

View Poll Results: When was the manga, in your opinion, at its peak?
East Blue Saga 1 11.11%
Baroque Works Saga 0 0%
Skypiea Saga 0 0%
CP9 Saga 2 22.22%
Whitebeard War Saga 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
When was the manga, in your opinion, at its peak?

When was the manga, in your opinion, at its peak?

Actually I want to break it to story arcs, but not enough poll.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Last edited by kluang; 09-25-2012 at 05:52 AM.
kluang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Re: When was the manga, in your opinion, at its peak?

I am a one piece fanatic....After waiting so long to actually start the series and catching up over a year ago...I have to say the Whitebeard Arc was just magic...SO many moments where you had epic battle vs epic battle. I only had a few quirks with the animation but other than that flawless. Ivan, Buggy, Mr. 2, Crocodile, Ace, Akainu, Gramps, Blackbeard, Marko..one thing I appreciated was everyone getting shine time (spotlight)! Even the crew of Whitebeard who was introduced mostly at that moment had equal screen time. The Warlords, Boa Hancock, so many moments where you had super comedy and drama that had you on your seats edge. I have to say my best part was being let down..having Ace die to protect Luffy was something I didn't foresee. After all the work to save him Oda still killed him off. Props man! Perfect moment for Luffy to grow and initiate a time skip. So many things to point out but mostly yeah that's my two cents. LOVED IT!

That was a hard choice simply because Enel! (GODLY)....Skypiea Saga is just bananas.!..this to me is where the excitement really kicked up!
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
Gamabunta
Chuunin

Gamabunta will become famous soon enoughGamabunta will become famous soon enough

They are all peaks cause i can't simply pick one. + 1
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Honestly the War saga was the best I've seen so far. The pacing, twists, action, excitement, and WOW factor were all there, and in unison with each other. I recall leaving work early some days just to get home and read the latest chapter. Now....not so much.

I don't particularly have anything against the post timeskip storyline, except the pacing at some parts, but the Whitebeard War was the best arc to date. I wouldn't call it the true "peak" however. More like a tremor that predates an earthquake.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

i second gamabunta, cant pick just one
I had just started following OP (during this summer) and n i fell for it
Even now the things i play back are
1. loguetown
2. Ace's introduction
3. crocodile's ass kickings
4. riding the rocket man+ burning the world govt flag+defeating lucci
5. And the big war
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Senkradlol is an unknown quantity at this point

Enel didn't really get to shine IMHO..When he comes back I hope for a much bigger ass kicking from him
Senkradlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #7
prez420
Chuunin

prez420 is on a distinguished roadprez420 is on a distinguished road

I voted for the whitebeard war saga but thats only because it is the most recent completed saga. Each saga keeps getting better and better so a new peak is always on the horizon.

As far as my favorite saga I would say it was the Baroque Works Saga. Mostly because the grand-line seemed so vast and interesting not to mention a bunch of great characters such as robin and ace where introduced in that saga.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

The war was full of epic, but the arc that got to me the most pre TS was W7/EL. To me it was the arc where the SHs got the most development as a family. Their bonds got tested and it made them stronger as a unit in the end. Robin's back story was amazing, the SHs declaring war on the WG was mind blowing, saying goodbye to Merry was really touching and welcoming a lost comrade and a new one while running away from freaking Garp was the perfect send off.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote