One piece 690 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: One piece 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
If Law is this powerful Imagine what Kid can do. I was expecting this level of power at the end of the series, but with Law's feat in this chapter I can see Luffy smashing islands and Kid lifting multiple landmasses at once before the final battle.

Pure insanity. Did that Granny looked like the one that offered Orouge an umbrella in the lightning island to anyone else ? Kaidou territory ?
With Law, why didn't he just do that before, get his own heart and put it back in? That I didn't understand why he needed Smoker to basically picpocket during a fight where he was strong enough to cut Smokers weapon in half. Is it possible he's not done yet? If not, then Law, Luffy, and Zoro wiped out the entire leadership and everybodies in the wind.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #17
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,596 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Well. That was lame. I have no problem with the new gen surpassing the old... but that was entirely too easy for Law. Vergo was a chump after all that? Boooooo...

On the other hand, have no problem with Luffy just manhandling CC because he was just annoying. Figured Vergo would have lasted longer.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

I also have a problem with Law being able to casually slashed Vergo in full body CoA (which we hear negates DF) when its shown to even break Sanji's leg. A good explanation isn't too much to ask, Oda. Though I think Vergo, has all along been using both Tekai and CoA in his fights. But at the last stage got full of himself and used only CoA, whilst Law upped his power, hence the result.

But I still think the battle is not over.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #19
Sagensyg
o/a Lawr

Sagensyg is on a distinguished road

Jizzed in my pants this chapter. But something tells me this isn't the end of Vergo.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,272 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
(which we hear negates DF)
It doesn't negate DFs, it allows the user to bypass w/e defenses a DF user has and strike the real body. Besides, this is not the first time Haki armor was broken through sheer force. Remember Luffy vs Marigold and Sandersonia ?
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

OK good thing i went back and checked this chapter...thanks to Mangastream...Law totally cut (smooth) the building and the mountain top it sat on...FUCKING WHOA..WHUT!!! CRAZY INSANE! Now the line someone made about smashing islands...makes more sense lol.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #22
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/38354222/20

The Kids are taking over.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #23
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

@Dag. Point is, that strike was cheap. Too easy for justlfying "kids taking over."

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #24
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

It wasn't cheap, Law is just that powerful.

I do agree that Vergo did go down too fast, but it might not be over since Law's slashes don't damage his targets. If Law has won with this, although a little disappointing, it will make sense.

Law has obviously been preparing for this, he is aiming for the top. And as he said the big dogs get complaisant due to ruling for so long.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #25
shadow_moon
ANBU

shadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the roughshadow_moon is a jewel in the rough

i'm wondering if zorro could also slice a mountain w/ a single strike
Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #26
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Anybody notice the cover page. Isn't that old woman Tsuru. Holy fucking shit, it is. I can already see where this is going. A woman with the ability hang people up like laundry, and a guy that can turn into mud.

Oh, oda. You never cease to amaze me.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #27
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

I don't think that is her, the old VA woman is much more slander and taller.

http://www.mangapanda.com/103-55664-...apter-593.html

This old lade looks like the one that met Orouge at the lightning island.

http://www.mangapanda.com/103-56101-...apter-594.html
Old 11-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #28
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

It could indeed be that woman also, since she was also shown in the NW.

I wouldn't discount it be VA Tsuru just yet though. You can't really tell much about someones height when their sitting down. I think it would definitely be more interesting story-wise to be her, since Caribou's life seems to get worse by every chapter. Him thinking he's happened across some helpless old lady that he could easily take advantage of, only to get badly pwned by her would be infinitely lulzy.

Plus it would be a good way to introduce her character again and show what happened to her post-war. I'm guessing she probably retired like Garp and Sengoku, since she's already older then them anyway.

Edit: The main reason I think it's her is that Oda once said in an interview when asked about her DF powers, that if any villain gets "washed" by her, then his heart become a little bit purer. In this way, I could see Caribou being reformed by her, and become a good guy. Maybe he'll go back to Fishman Island and become one of it's protectors or something.

Last edited by ask me anything; 11-28-2012 at 06:56 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #29
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Unless Drake cleared that Island when he landed it would be weird for her to be in an Emperor's territory.

Ex marines retain their pride. My money is on the creepy granny that sells umbrellas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Numinous (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #30
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

It may be over though, seems like Law was simply summing shit up for Don, and at the end his snail communicator wasn't happy, must mean true death/capture by these pirates over his entire onslaught, that generally just killed some G-5 Marines, that about it. This will be a large Fail for they're side. Luffy seemingly struggled less than with Hordy even though the competition was supposedly greater.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote