Bleach 517 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Bleach Series > Bleach Manga

Bleach Manga Talk about the manga series of Bleach here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Bleach 517

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/517

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: Bleach 517

Cool color page at the beginning. It's nice to see Kubo move away from insanely bishi a bit and cough up something more distinguished.

Kuwabara is a healer, didn't see that coming. He pretty much told Unohana to go do some laundry and let the real doctor handle things. The chick with the hands is pretty impressive, she did all that shit from that spot, it speaks volumes about her range.

About the back and forth they had with Soifon, I'm with her. I don't care what their job description entails, if they are so powerful and saw that SS was about to be destroyed wouldn't it make more sense to minimize casualties by helping ? If all forces were to get decimated it would leave them without a line of defense.

Cliff hanger happened and that is it. Ok chapter.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

They also seem unaffected by Yama's supposed death, and isn't interested in Aizen at all. Weird, but funny to see Capts' checked like Vice Capts, or seats.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Well... at least the title led me to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9TGj2jrJk8
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I knew I recognized this from somewhere.

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/517/10

Bottom panel.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Looks like Kisuke is back (secretly hoping it is Isshin though).

I'm hoping that Isshin is like the son of the King of SS and Masaki is the daughter of Juha Bach or whomever the leader of the Quincies is. Nice little Romeo and Juliet twist there, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jekyl_hyde For This Useful Post:
jericho Uzimaki (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

So fatty was Hikifune, my mistake. Also, what the hell is with the female Nnoitora?
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
jekyl_hyde (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
ckraizitee
Genin

ckraizitee is an unknown quantity at this point

very nice chapter.
I agree with the healing guy, their job is to protect the king not soul society.
ckraizitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #9
PSJiraiya
Genin

PSJiraiya is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
So fatty was Hikifune, my mistake. Also, what the hell is with the female Nnoitora?
Yeah but apparently she's physically changed a lot from what Shinji said. Wonder if we'll get a flashback showing what she use to look like? I also wonder why she changed and if it'll be explained. I want to see Hiyori's reaction to seeing the new Hikifune.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #10
Stars
Manic Pixie Dream Girl

Stars is an unknown quantity at this point

Overall I'm liking this arc a lot. I don't think the Zero Squad guy was downplaying Unohana's skill when he said her job isn't to heal anymore, rather that they're going to need her to fight. And I expect she'll be very powerful.
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #11
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
About the back and forth they had with Soifon, I'm with her. I don't care what their job description entails, if they are so powerful and saw that SS was about to be destroyed wouldn't it make more sense to minimize casualties by helping ? If all forces were to get decimated it would leave them without a line of defense.
I completely disagree with you about this. If there were a riot in Washington D.C., you wouldn't tell the Secret Service officers to leave the presidents side to go help to local cops. If anything that just a bigger reason for them to not leave his side.

What if the Quincy had developed their own way of entering the Kings Palace that nobody new about and only invaded SS as a mean of distracting the Zero Squad so another Quincy Team could kill the King while he's undefended. I'm not saying that's the plan, but people in their positions have to think about all the possibilities, and take cautions against these things.

Also what would happen if the Quincy had stole the powers from Zero Squad? SS (and the rest of the universe) would be completely beyond fucked. Perhaps some counter measure against them will now be developed that will give the Zero Squad (and the rest of SS) an edge in the next battle that they would have lacked had they come in and fought (and horribly died) in the last fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars View Post
Overall I'm liking this arc a lot. I don't think the Zero Squad guy was downplaying Unohana's skill when he said her job isn't to heal anymore, rather that they're going to need her to fight. And I expect she'll be very powerful.

The guy flat out said Byakuya will die if he stays there, and that Unohana couldn't heal those people but he could. The arrogant way in which he was talking to Unohana was clearly meant to be condescending and degrading.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (11-28-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
kzoofroman
Village Elder

kzoofroman is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm wondering about the guy from Zero Division who was not heard from at all this chapter.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c517/3.html

The guy in sunglasses wasn't involved at all in this interaction. And the arm chick and Mayuri seem to have a backstory.
kzoofroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #13
Stars
Manic Pixie Dream Girl

Stars is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
The guy flat out said Byakuya will die if he stays there, and that Unohana couldn't heal those people but he could. The arrogant way in which he was talking to Unohana was clearly meant to be condescending and degrading.
He's more condescending in the beginning. They appear to have a student/teacher relationship, so it was probably meant to be more playful than insulting. At the end he insists he take care of Byakuya and says "What you're meant to do now... is not healing."

I think she's going to be a major player this arc. Reminder her battle data is higher than Kyoraku and Ukitake's in the databook.

Last edited by Stars; 11-21-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #14
Myth
Kage

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,635 Posts
Myth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars View Post
He's more condescending in the beginning. They appear to have a student/teacher relationship, so it was probably meant to be more playful than insulting. At the end he insists he take care of Byakuya and says "What you're meant to do now... is not healing."

I think she's going to be a major player this arc. Reminder her battle data is higher than Kyoraku and Ukitake's in the databook.
battle data means nothing gins was lower than shunsui and yet a simple peirce from his bankai would have fucked even yamamoto.

broken abilities > skill proven time and time again in EVERY MANGA
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:25 AM   #15
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
I completely disagree with you about this. If there were a riot in Washington D.C., you wouldn't tell the Secret Service officers to leave the presidents side to go help to local cops.
If the secret service was full of overpowered super soldiers that could dish out more pain than all of the cops in DC combined and the president was in a location that required special means to gain entrance into I would.

It doesn't make sense that the 0 squad didn't help which is what Soifon was pointing out. If they are more powerful than the 13 squads, which includes Yamamoto the guy that incinerated several of the invaders on his own, had they sent 2-3 people down to SS this crap would be over. Yes, their job is to protect the king, but damn it weren't they watching the fight ?

Several captains survived their battles even with their Bankai being locked due to the circumstances, meaning the enemy wasn't that freaking powerful. From where I'm standing the opportunity for a surprise attack in order to end things was there. As for the king, it has been established that you need a key or some other shit to make it to his realm/palace so he/she/it would not be in immediate danger.

Not only was their inaction a stupid move but it all seems to stem from arrogance.

"You do your job I do mine. Even though had I helped you things would be over by now and there would have been a lot less casualties."

That is just shitty writing in my opinion.

Quote:
What if the Quincy had developed their own way of entering the Kings Palace that nobody new about and only invaded SS as a mean of distracting the Zero Squad so another Quincy Team could kill the King while he's undefended. I'm not saying that's the plan, but people in their positions have to think about all the possibilities, and take cautions against these things.

Also what would happen if the Quincy had stole the powers from Zero Squad? SS (and the rest of the universe) would be completely beyond fucked. Perhaps some counter measure against them will now be developed that will give the Zero Squad (and the rest of SS) an edge in the next battle that they would have lacked had they come in and fought (and horribly died) in the last fight.
While these are reasonable, possible scenarios I don't think the events of the manga back it up. Let's be real here, the only worth while person among the Quincy was Juha. Ganking the bastard and ending shit would have been the right move. As for the Quincy possibly having the means to get into the palace, wouldn't it have been a much more effective strategy to go to the palace directly ?

The element of surprise would cause disarray among the royal guard making them too occupied to fetch help from the 13 squads, and should the Quincy be victorious it would leave the King exposed. Engaging the lower troops in this case would be retarded as it would alert the royal guard and give them a chance to observe the Quincy in action.

Edit: Just to add to my comment about Juha being the only threat.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c510/11.html

He was the only one that could steal Yama's Bankai, meaning had he not been there the old man would have cleaned the house. If the 5 can produce even the low figure of twice the Old man's power there was no way Juha would have been able to withstand a group attack since he had to render Yama Bankailess before taking him out.

Last edited by Dagoro; 11-21-2012 at 04:54 AM.