Hajime no Ippo 1000!!!! - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Hajime no Ippo 1000!!!!

http://mangastream.com/read/hajime_no_ippo/72020812/1

I liked the tribute the other authors were giving him. Dude definitely deserves it. George Morikawa is a manga author I have respect for. Despite the agonizing slow pace of his story, it's consistent and enjoyable. No plot-no-jutsu, and the power-ups (read:training) are completely logical, explainable, and practical. Hajime no Ippo totally shits on bleach and Naruto in every single way imaginable.

Of special interest to me was the tribute from Miura Kentarou, the author of Berserk. I never would have thought those two would have worked together in the past, much less than him being George's former assistant. #respect. Also that drawing of Takamura was even more beastly looking than his usual badass looking self. I loved it.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #2
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hajime no Ippo 1000!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
...and the power-ups (read:training) are completely logical, explainable, and practical...
Not so much...
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/hajim...93/c939/9.html
Don't get me wrong. Love this series, even if I've only sporadically read different arcs. But the boxing is awesome, and chapter 1000 wasn't too bad. I'm liking the fight with Volg vs. Mike. It's full of manly passion and hitting each other's faces like they just don't care.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Um yeah, what's your point. Ippo had specifically trained his body before that fight to basically put all his strength into 1 single punch. The dude he was fighting has just knocked him off balance to the point he was standing on 1 leg. When ippo regained his balance he swung his foot back down on the mat and combined that forward momentum with the full thrust of his body and delivered it at a guy who was completely open and unable to guard. How is any of that not totally legitimate. There have been plenty of boxers in the past that have gotten 1 hit KO's on opponents, with punches that weren't even half as good as what was shown.

I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH5wEEFfer0

Last edited by ask me anything; 12-04-2012 at 12:33 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

I don't have a problem with him being knocked out with a single punch. I'm just pointing out that his opponent FLIPPED IN THE AIR FROM A PUNCH. That's not possible. It's a manga, so I'm totally cool with it. But don't say that Hajime no Ippo is exempt from the cliche overpowering in every manga ever (especially sports/fighting ones).