Ren family line (Magi) - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 12-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Ren family line (Magi)

Ok I was board so I started doing some research on the Ren family in Magi. It's a little weird on how the princes & princesses are connected as they're split into two different families.

We'll start off with Ren Gyokuen who was the wife of both previous emperors of the Kou & has since become the new empress. She basically has two children one being Hakuei the other being Hakuryuu. She had two other sons but she killed them off.

Gyokeun's Children
Hakuei (Age 21)
Hakuryuu (Age 17)

Then we have the children of the 2nd emperor Koutoku. They are Kougyoku, Kouen, Kouha, & Koumei.

Koutoku's Children
Kouen (Age 28)
Koumei (Age 26)
Kougyoku (Age 18)
Kouha (Age 18)

Hakuei & Hakuryuu's father was the first Kou emperor & older brother of Koutoku the second Kou emperor. This means that Kouen, Koumei, Kougyoku, & Kouha are actually the cousins of Hakuei & Hakuryuu & not simply siblings. So based on this Hakuryuu should be the true heir to the Kou empire since he would be the first emperor's only living son.

Now in order to maintain control over the Kou Gyokeun had her sons killed so they wouldn't become emperor after their fathers death. Hakuryuu survived the assassination attempt however he was not of age to take the throne so Koutoku is appointed as the second Kou emperor in his place. Gyokeun then marries Koutoku to maintain her political status & control over the Kou.

Now that Koutoku has died Gyokeun used Kouen's status as general as an excuse to grab power even though the rightful hair should have been Hakuryuu & not Kouen.

The connection to the first emperor explains why Hakuryuu wouldn't bow his head to Kouen & why Kouen asked if Hakuryuu wanted to be emperor. Hakuryuu explained that it was his majesties intentions for Hakuryuu to become emperor. His majesty being the first emperor(speculation) of the Kou since Hakuryuu never acknowledged Koutoku as the true emperor. Hakuryuu believes it is his birthright & not his cousin(Kouen) to become the emperor of the Kou.

Please feel free to give your thoughts on this issue.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 12-05-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (12-06-2012)