Berserk 333 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 01-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
Berserk 333

http://www.mangapanda.com/berserk/333

not really anything to mention...kind of a lazy chapter....

Last edited by apacolypz; 01-15-2013 at 02:54 AM.
apacolypz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
Scientia (01-15-2013)

Old 01-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Berserk 333

A lazy chapter?!!??! What does that even mean?

I thought it was epic. A great break from the sea-god/pirate/boat arc. I loved how it took its time showing how humans are adapting to the new landscape so far, even going so far as to give a name for the reality warped Ganishka. Cannot wait until we see the inside of the safe haven that is Falconia.

Also that chicken monster. <3. Though it died so quickly. = (

Guess my only hope is a decently strong chicken-apostle (though even then). No....a chicken godhand! When Guts is like 200-and something years old. You know what....Guts can be the chicken godhand! Damn, I'm an expert writer.

Last edited by Scientia; 01-15-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scientia For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-15-2013), Numinous (01-15-2013), Shrike (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

^That's a cockatrice bro. And yeah, sea god arc was horrible as a whole for me. Worst yet.

Also, amazing chapter. The artwork was just so epic and I loved Rickert saying that he was with the original Band of the Hawk. Takes me back. It's true that I don't really like this magic thing Berserk manga took (and I loathe 'witches' and elves), this chapter showed a lot of human stuff, which I really like.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-15-2013), Numinous (01-15-2013), Scientia (01-15-2013), SirBenoit (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't mind the magic although it kinda takes away from what it used to be of course but at the same time we've guts's berserker armor and that perfectly fits Berserk.

Can't wait to see how that will go.

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Got to agree on Shrike on the amazing artwork of this chapter. Miura really indulged himself this time with all those spreadpages.

Let's see what Falconia has in store for us.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-15-2013), Scientia (01-15-2013), Shrike (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumakinagato View Post
I don't mind the magic although it kinda takes away from what it used to be of course but at the same time we've guts's berserker armor and that perfectly fits Berserk.

Can't wait to see how that will go.
The thing is, I liked Berserk for the man-against-the-world theme. An impossible quest of vengeance of one man. Not one man and a kindergarten. Plus, magical items and shit really take away from the dark tone that the manga had. People say to me : but he has to get magic kids and weapons because he can't win on his own! Yeah, he can't. That was the whole point from the beginning.

Do you know what I would really dislike? For Berserk to turn into that "main character loses to main villain, gets friends, goes on adventures and they get tougher and then they win against the villain" formula which is pretty standard. I hope it doesn't happen, but kids and witches and elves and magic items sure point to the standard DnD/Warhammer adventure.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Scientia (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

S-So Berserk can be good again? Please? For the love of all that is holy. Because, seriously, I'm tired of magic, I'm tired of adventuring to hang out with fairies or elves or whatever, and I'm tired of long hiatuses.

I can't wait for Griffith's dick plan to come to light. I'm willing to bet he's gonna sacrifice refugees to get even more power than the God Hand can provide for him, which is some FMA level shit. Do want.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

@Scientia, "Kind of a lazy chapter."

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? you asked...well this is my point...

2 month break since the last release...which was slightly longer (22 pages) this chapter 18 pages
This chapter really only touched on three characters...(barely) Rickett, Irvine and Laban
Mostly information we already knew...
What was covered; Rickett has something to protect, Rickett has a bowgun, Rickett is pretty dependable, General Laban took notice, Laban told them about the Wing stone, Helix Tree and citizens flocking to Falconia. END....I never said the artwork was distasteful or anything of the sort....Artwork is amazing which partly is the reason I continue to read this manga.. so anyway as I started out...kind of a lazy chapter...
apacolypz is online now   Reply With Quote