Magi 169 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
Reesaroni
Genin

Reesaroni is an unknown quantity at this point
Magi 169

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/magi/v12/c169/

Enjoy!
Reesaroni is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: Magi 169

Well, the message about personal responsibility and self sufficiency is nice ( Ron Paul would dig that part of the chapter ) but I find it pretty underwhelming that a bolg packing so much power was broken by conventional weaponry that isn't even that strong. Bolgs can guard against high level spells but break against barrels of gunpowder and exploding arrows ?

If this is all the Raem empire is packing the Laem forces are going to sweep this shit, assuming they get there and Aladdin stops Mogamett's black wave O'death.

Ok chapter, nothing really epic has happened yet.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

I think the constant barrage of explosive weaken the shield.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Great talk between the two. Good chapter.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

Mogamett said they have built 3 layers of shield right? So the first one being weak is not big of a deal if u ask me. But otherwise it was a nice debate going on between them until the the judge(alladin) deems one worthy of the other.
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #6
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Great exchange in dialogue between both Leaders. Though as stated above...really? High level magic being destroyed by sheer gun powder? Three magical layers of dense magic..broken down by the typical instruments of man? That was my only issue of this chapter. If this is all Riem Liem empire has to offer than I feel they are about to get shitted on..We all know that the Magicians are about to pull out their dark metal vessels. We are about to see a sheer death in numbers....What will Lady long ass name do against such tactics? She is giving and supporting her civilians and troops by allowing their own strength to outshine magic which is folly...you can rely and depend on them all you like but they will need a boost to compete hand to hand with magicians.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Finally caught up with this series. I'm glad there is a series that is comparable in quality to One Piece in regards to keeping plot in order, explaining vital points, and creating good background stories for prominent characters and settings.

That being said, in regards to the barrier breaking through the force of conventional gunpowder I don't see it as that unrealistic. Like some have mentioned, it was a constant barrage of exploding gunpowder which caused a point in the barrier to crack. Once there is a crack in something it's pretty easy to break the whole thing down. What worries me more is this "power" that the Chancellor is talking about. I'm hoping it's not some cheap deus ex machina ploy that will be used to overwhelm the Laem empire's army into submission. Although, following the writing patterns of this story, I don't think it will go down that route for an easy victory.

Good chapter. I can't wait until Alibaba shows off what he has learned.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote