Naruto 616 - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #76
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: Naruto 616

Quote:
No, your post simply tries to rationalize something that has no real backbone at all.
Luffy being virtually immune to blunt force attacks because he is rubber has no back bone ? Even though it was mentioned at the very first chapter ?

Lol, ok kid.

Quote:
Durability of characters and generally fights in OP make no sense at all.
Funny how you can't understand such simplistic parameters in a "kid's manga".

Quote:
Going by logic, Robin can break anyone's neck who isn't a logia, and that's not happening for some weird reason.
It was established at skypiea that the limbs she spawns are limited by her natural strength, and again at TB. So, like the fag that wondered in here complaining about shit, you don't really know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Zoro grew additional limbs and heads out of fucking nowhere. It's not an illusion, it's real limbs and shit. What?
I will concede that Oda has yet to explain Asura, but you're wrong about those being physical extra limbs. Asura so far has never been used to parry another swordsman, it is only a finishing move, meaning it could be an illusion as a result of Zoro's killer intent.

Quote:
As I said, Oda can do whatever he wants and nobody will complain

Come on, seriously ? No one complains about Op ?

I myself have criticized it many times, and at the web at large there are hordes of people who hate Op with passion and will shit on w/e Oda does.

Quote:
as much as everyone would want to shit in Kishimoto's kitchen because Kishimoto was more serious from the get go.
No. The complaints against Naruto stem from justifiable failing on Kishi's part such as character neglect. When Kishi is worthy of praise he gets it, from me even believe it or not. As for the fights, aside from 1 tech spamming the fights in Naruto don't even get that much criticism so I don't know what you're on about.

That is the last I'll say about it anyway since I won't have a multi-page back and forth with you again.

Last edited by Dagoro; 01-20-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #77
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I agree, i would not have complained if people weren't comparing th 2, it because of this i decided to read one piece thinking its a better version of naruto, but when i started reading, especially at grand line i immediately realized they were 2 absolutely different worlds.
People mainly compare the two in terms like characterization, consistency, etc, so it's not meant to be a straight comparison, so I apologize if any of my comparisons between OP and Naruto lead you to think they were much more similar than what they really are.

Matter of fact is, Naruto and One Piece are almost like water and oil as Shounen are allowed to go, so don't be surprised to see vast differences or even liking one and disliking the other. That said, in general terms, One Piece is a better manga than Naruto, but that doesn't mean that it's better in every term or that people who like Naruto will like One Piece better.

Quote:
Also, Zoro grew additional limbs and heads out of fucking nowhere. It's not an illusion, it's real limbs and shit. What?
And Sanji does plastic surgery by kicking people in the face. Thank goodness for suspension of disbelief!

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (01-21-2013), ask me anything (01-20-2013), ckraizitee (01-20-2013), J-man123 (01-20-2013), Shrike (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #78
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

One Piece is a goofy manga about fake pirates whose leader is mentally retarded. One Piece has horrible pacing issues at times which can make the manga uninteresting to say the least. If you enjoy the manga good for you but at the same time stop trying to force feed it down people's throats as if it's the greatest piece of literature ever.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (01-21-2013), ckraizitee (01-20-2013), Clone_Sage (01-20-2013), ninjalostboy95 (01-20-2013), Shrike (01-20-2013), SirBenoit (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #79
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

This is quickly spiraling into some NF shit.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #80
ckraizitee
Genin

ckraizitee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
One Piece is a goofy manga about fake pirates whose leader is mentally retarded. One Piece has horrible pacing issues at times which can make the manga uninteresting to say the least. If you enjoy the manga good for you but at the same time stop trying to force feed it down people's throats as if it's the greatest piece of literature ever.
The pacing is so bad I don't understand how people follow it weekly.
I have about 500 chapters on my laptop, im on chp 300 or so, the story was so streched I had to stop reading for some time because it became boring e.g.

-going up into sky island. At the end of the chapter we see th sea shoot them up, one will expect them to have laded at the beging of the next chapter but nooo, they use about quarter or half a chapter to maintain balance on the wave before landing, now was that necessary?

-then the eneru(god of sky island) battle,did it really have to be that long? I had all the chapters already yet i couldn't stand reading it anymore.

And about suspension of belief, is it only the good guys that get that? The good guys were just receiving 20million volts of electricity like the man was using a clown buzz glove, then as usual eneru gets some punches and looses.
Im using on screen keyboard, my keyboard is bad, my hands be hurting so i wouldnt say more.
ps dagoro you've still not justified nami's victory against ms. D fingers.
ckraizitee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ckraizitee For This Useful Post:
Shrike (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #81
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckraizitee View Post
The pacing is so bad I don't understand how people follow it weekly.
OP's pacing is slow but good, I don't understand how people haven't bumped into works of fiction with truly bad pacing to says OP's is bad.

Quote:
And about suspension of belief, is it only the good guys that get that? The good guys were just receiving 20million volts of electricity like the man was using a clown buzz glove, then as usual eneru gets some punches and looses.
That 20 million volts of electricity is in the same category as Amaterasu's "hot as the sun" claim: purple prose just to make the user sound cool.

To be perfectly honest, I read OP for the writing and characters and I rarely care for its battles since Oda makes them ridiculous to the point of absurdity in some cases and I when I do care for battles it's for character interaction rather than the action. Maybe if you skip the action and focus only on the characterization and plot points OP will be a lot more tolerable for you.

@Vengeance: Your OP trolling is getting old. I'm disappointed with you applying the same old hook, just dressed differently. C'mon, I know you can troll better than that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (01-21-2013), kael03 (01-20-2013), Shrike (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #82
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

It's not the fights themselves that are always epic, Oda is good with the overall 'feel' that the peak of the arc/saga gets (for example ringing that bell in Skypiea, if I remember, somewhat felt great, like, fuck yeah, justice is done). Now the battles themselves may be somewhat cheeky but in the end you should feel satisfied, especially if you get up to date with the manga. Dunno.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (01-21-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #83
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
And about suspension of belief, is it only the good guys that get that?
Are you complaining about the lack of deaths ? If not the villains benefit from high durability just as much as the good guys. Luffy had to put Crocodile through several layers of bedrock, displacing an entire city block just to knock him out. There are other examples but I won't spoil anything.

Quote:
The good guys were just receiving 20million volts of electricity like the man was using a clown buzz glove
Everyone who fought Enel got taken out very easily, being incapacitated for hours. Luffy was the only exception for obvious reasons. If you're complaining about the lack of deaths it's something you have to learn to live with when reading OP. Oda doesn't kill for the sake of killing.

Quote:
then as usual eneru gets some punches and looses.
Once again you have proven to have the reading comprehension of a rock.

The entire point of enel's character centered around him thinking that his DF made him a god. That, and his lack of knowledge of the world at large caused his downfall once he came across an opponent that his DF alone could not handle. These pages says it all.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c279/17.html
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c279/18.html

Your description of the fight is also BS. Taking punches from Luffy is hardly a minor thing, the kid could level multi-floored buildings back at Arlong park. Enel also managed to give Luffy a run for his money with his Haki and staff, and when Luffy circumvented that he tricked him and tossed him out of the ship which was the logical thing to do.

The final blow, the one that did Enel in, was enhanced by a huge gold ball weighting several tons moving at high speeds. So the guys withstood quite the shit kicking before going down.

Quote:
ps dagoro you've still not justified nami's victory against ms. D fingers.
I did.

Last edited by Dagoro; 01-20-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #84
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
OP's pacing is slow but good, I don't understand how people haven't bumped into works of fiction with truly bad pacing to says OP's is bad.
At times the pacing is horrible. Freezing a tease situation to explain unnecessary back story which spans several chapters is in no way good pacing. You become less interested in what is being shown since it interrupted a very important situation going on in real time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
@Vengeance: Your OP trolling is getting old. I'm disappointed with you applying the same old hook, just dressed differently. C'mon, I know you can troll better than that.
It doesn't make what I'm saying any less true. One Piece at times has horrible pacing. So bad in fact that I've lost interest in reading it.

People have differing opinions. I think One Piece is ok however it can't really hold my interest for a number of reasons including but not limited to pacing, world build, & character design.

It also relates to my view on HxH which I think is complete garbage while others praise it as if it's the best manga ever. To me there is a line when the artwork of a manga becomes intolerable. To others that clearly shitty artwork that appears to be drawn by a five year old at times is tolerable.

As the saying goes one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 01-20-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (01-21-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #85
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

As a goofy, pirate, comedy, mechanism to draw young viewers into loving specific characters, and add to the marketing boom, OP does all that is supposed to, but like some said before, it isn't perfect.

Naruto is as disappointing in the realm of ninja as Bleach with soul reapers. While some characters have imagination, and some of the battles and power ups are fathoms better than anything in OP, the storyline, plotholes, and need to make Naruto Jesus has each become like anchors, chapter after chapter, bringing th entirety of the project downward toward hell, and occasionally theres something cool or interesting to buoy the wrecked ship before the big disappointing end thats a coming. Does a story have to be pristine and perfect, no, but in Naruto, sometimes the flaws bump into other flaws, and then we'll just skip to something else with the usual authors 'Fuck it' drawing pen.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #86
Gamabunta
Chuunin

Gamabunta will become famous soon enoughGamabunta will become famous soon enough

Naruto would have been long dead before Claymore if its on the same frequency of release.
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamabunta For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (01-21-2013), Numinous (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 03:43 AM   #87
ckraizitee
Genin

ckraizitee is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing about naruto is that he doesnt feel human anymore, he's now like a robot, saying the same things over and over again; "me no give up, me friendz no not ever die, me predicessors count opun meezz, only me be get powerzz to save world(his attitude before itachi set him straight).
The characters don't have life anymore, they say basically the same things every chapter;

Obito: Give up!!, ill show you despair, admit the world will never change unless i fullfill my plans
Madara: Nice strategy but not good enough, I know every clan in konoha and their techniques, impressive but wouldnt work, fold hands
Kakashi: its my fault, I couldnt save my friends, its my fault X2
Hinata: naruto-kun, hnn
Gai: kakashi focus on the fight sulk later
Sasuke: ...
kages: We are finished
Oonoki: Dont give up cus of future generations
Itachi: (Had variety in his words)

This is pretty much what has been said in the last 40 chapters just rephrased.
Onepiece characters are more interesting and alive.
ckraizitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #88
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

I will agree, Naruto characters once (part one..early early part 2) left me on the edge of my seat. Their attributes and character traits were so different from one another, making the manga/anime a prize to read/watch. Each character dynamically standing out. Up until the pain saga the momentum with the story and the characters just felt empty. Now with the war going on the energy doesn't even fit. Naruto dialogue wise has diminished and the characters are poorly exercised. With everything going on within the current arc you would expect tense and thrilling sensations reading it. The lack of a clear direction and personality is what ruined this manga.

You can't even compare it to One Piece...with Naruto at least the author tries to have some things make sense...even in a artificial ninja world... Some things can seem realistic to the reader. With OP everything feels like a make believe world where our imagination runs wild. We aren't shitted on in terms of character development or excitement. The story is presented in such a immature way that it is easy to pick up and follow. The battles as said are not what you would expect in most mangas or as in Naruto. Naruto's battles are scaled to be somewhat believable. where as OP everything is so over the top it ridicules the serious tone it attempts to present. Where OP leads in areas Naruto fails badly. Pro's of OP are simply Story, plot, Speed (transitional speed between arcs), character use and energy. OP is an extremely fun read if you don't look too much into the abilities and traits of the characters and locations. OP can overwhelm you on what it presents....most times a good thing...but alas Naruto can annoy you just as easily due to the terrible writing and poor direction (of what is supposed to be the most climatic arc there ever was in this manga) of the story and misuse of the characters.

It is not that Naruto < OP...that is up to us to decide personally...but for me... Naruto has really fell off the high horse... Naruto as a protagonist was someone who would work hard and train to be the best...even through failure he could end up on top. Kishi just obliterated Naruto's work ethic in replace for some strong parental genes...in the process of giving him uber parents he destroyed the hardest working knucklehead in Konoah....His repetitive nature and quotes...Kishi has not shown the development that we have seen in Luffy...even after the time skip Naruto was basically the same...even Sasuke called him out on it...

Last edited by apacolypz; 01-21-2013 at 05:57 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
Numinous (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 06:06 AM   #89
Numinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
At times the pacing is horrible. Freezing a tease situation to explain unnecessary back story which spans several chapters is in no way good pacing. You become less interested in what is being shown since it interrupted a very important situation going on in real time.
Oh noes, how dare the author provide backstory to flesh out characters and the plot concerning them when it's relevant?! Gee, he should know by now nobody has the patience for poignant information that makes the resolve of the tension that much stronger!

I'll give you that Oda does exaggerate in his flashbacks and could cut them a little shorter, but you're equivocated if you think switching from tension to backstory is bad pacing. It's not, it's simply a switch from conflict to exposition.

Truly bad pacing is when the author bounces between extremes, like spending an entire arc where the characters just spend their time talking about their dreams and eating pastry and then switch to another arc which is just drama upon conflict upon drama. And no, I'm not making that up, there are actually works of fiction with that kind of pacing, so while One Piece pacing is indeed slow, it's balanced. Now that you get whiplash from the switches is another thing, but Oda does make up for it for making the flashbacks enhance the current situation.

@ the rest of your post: of course people have different opinions. I simply can't tolerate Bleach when people here do still. But we get it, you are not into One Piece and I respect that, but to repeatedly jump into its discussion with the intentionally malformed arguments you use everytime is, as I said, getting old. I know you know better and it disappoints me you still do that.

@apocalypz: I think Kishi simply doesn't know what the fuck to do with Naruto (the character) anymore. I've already ranted about the 180ยบ turn of characterization on Naruto from the hardworking underdog to the Super Messiah figure, but now vs Obito the characterization is just mind-boggling. It's like he was a tennis ball being bounced from the altruistic messiah to the guy who depends on everyone else to get shit done. Even worse, I don't know what his stance on peace/death of peers is anymore because Kishi just dances around on the issue every chapter with awfully crammed-in phrases that it doesn't give the reader a clear perception of what Naruto stands for that isn't downright changed in the next chapter.

And to add insult to the injury, we know he can be consistent in characterization while progressing the characters in this battle, being both Obito and Hinata examples of such, so why can't he do the same to the damn protagonist?!

Last edited by Numinous; 01-21-2013 at 06:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #90
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

I'm seeing a lot of nonsense from the comments addressing combat in OP.

Quote:
Naruto's battles are scaled to be somewhat believable.
?

And the battles in OP aren't ?

Quote:
where as OP everything is so over the top it ridicules the serious tone it attempts to present.
How ?

Oda rarely betrays any of the parameters he set in the manga regarding power levels. It is also hilarious to say that it is a bad thing that OP is over the top ( It is pretty tame. Shit, just look at Toriko ) when Nardo characters are currently blowing up country sized areas casually.

When it comes to power levels OP is actually pretty logical. There isn't a colossal power discrepancy between the top dogs of the manga on the pirate and marine side, meaning that they are all a threat to each other making the Yonkou/Shichibukai/Marines power triangle possible.

Think about WB and then take a look at characters like Madara and Aizen.

Yeah.