One piece 697 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: One piece 697

I didn't really see it as DF being so nervous and snapping because of Law's plan's but more pissed at the fact that Law, a kid in his eyes, is getting full of himself for thinking he can manipulate DF around. I'm sure next chapter he'll return to his original demeanor and the story will slow down a bit again as the SH head to the samurai's homeland.

There are two things that currently interest me, what did DF mean by "sky way" being cut off? Does that have anything to do with his ability? And who are the two people that took the empty seats left by Aokiji and Akainu?
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #17
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,287 Times in 2,927 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
what did DF mean by "sky way" being cut off?
What if the sky way is what allowed Apoo and his men to run on air when they were fleeing those wild boars ? An invisible air road connecting NW islands ?

It would be badass if Dfla placed a colossal bounty on the Shs/Law, it would be a cool way to introduce powerful bounty hunters into the story.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #18
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
What if the sky way is what allowed Apoo and his men to run on air when they were fleeing those wild boars ? An invisible air road connecting NW islands ?

It would be badass if Dfla placed a colossal bounty on the Shs/Law, it would be a cool way to introduce powerful bounty hunters into the story.
That is true. I forgot about Apoo running into something similar. Hopefully Oda will explain that soon as to how one is able to utilize the sky way.

Can a Shichibukai place bounties on other pirates?
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I don't see why not. Anyone can place a bounty depending on the channels they use, Dfla is part of the underworld, there are probably lots of bounty hunters willing to hunt for them if the prize is right.

MS version.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/94448642/1
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #20
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
I thought at first the barrel there on the floater was filled with dynamite..

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/697/17

but nothing happened?!
It wasn't dynamite at all. It was a smoke signal. That's how DD noticed the ship. He just stomped the barrel out from frustration over his conversation with Law.

I really don't think DD got degraded all that much this chapter. People seem to point out that in the past he's had a "don't give a fuck" attitude. I would point out that in the past he also didn't have any real liabilities to deal with either. As a Warlord he's had almost complete immunity from the WG to do what he wants. Now he's faced with losing that. In addition his alliance with Kaido is a relatively new thing that seems to have only been in place a couple years at most. Until now he's had no threat to it either. So yeah, his back is against the ropes here. His reaction is perfectly normal.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #21
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

^Not exactly. While it's true that he didn't have any real liabilities, he actually threatened to quit the Shickibukai.

Finally found that page. Been looking for it for ages, I forgot a lot about OP.

After this chapter that page looks like a hollow threat. Not that I want Doflamingo to do something that he was never said to be able to do or that I hyped him too much in my mind, it's just the hype that the manga itself gave to him. Him talking about a New Era and shit and now being all scared of Kaido (whom we never even saw) and in dilemma over one guy (Cesar) doesn't suit him. At all. Boss of the underworld would care for his business, sure, but he would more be worried about his name getting dirt by some punk kid then death.

Last edited by Shrike; 01-30-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-30-2013), NeoKakarott023 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #22
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Not hollow, just valid at the time.

Assuming he had this deal with Kaidou back then quitting the SB wouldn't be that much of a problem with a Yonkou backing him. Now he is on the verge of losing both, there is no guarantee that Law will give him CC if he quits the SB only that the negotiations will continue. He will basically be naked if this shit collapses, which is why doing everything he can to locate and engage the SH/Heart alliance to retrieve CC seems like the only option right now.

Edit: We have to take into account what Vergo said before Law and Smoker left him in the SAD room. He said that Law doesn't know everything about Dfla, that his connections run much deeper than Law realizes and replacing him will not be an easy task. Dfla might very well have something in his pocket that will unleash a shit storm upon Law.

Man, I can't wait for chapter 700. My money is on Kaidou making an appearance in that chapter.

Last edited by Dagoro; 01-30-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #23
-SassyLady-
Dysfunctional Sweetheart

Thanked 1,398 Times in 877 Posts
-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough-SassyLady- will become famous soon enough

You know I really don't think he has his tail between his legs just yet, something tells me Dfla will have something up his sleeve in due time. But as to what? I highly doubt he will let Law get his way so easily, without putting up a fight.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #24
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Here's to Doflamingo ruining a lot of lives. Salut.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
-SassyLady- (01-30-2013), ask me anything (01-30-2013), Gakure (01-31-2013), Spiegel (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #25
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

All Yonko, alive and dead, have the title of World's Strongest *blank*.

Whitebeard: World's Strongest Man

Kaido: World's Strongest Creature

Big Mom: World's Strongest Woman

Blackbeard: World's Strongest Fatass

Shanks: World's Strongest Amputee

I like Doflamingo. We have too many leaders who don't give a crap, about their followers.

It's nice to see an antagonist that does.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Last edited by kluang; 01-30-2013 at 08:02 PM.
kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #26
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

@shrike : i think tere is more to cc and smile other than kaido coming after him. Since the plot hasnt yet fully formed i suggest we could wait for some more chapters. But ya what u say is true, DD does seemed to be carefree type but again just sayin there could be more and thts y it seems his balls are falling.
and
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/94448642/14
it says "jump jump" doesnt that mean he is just using what cp9 used to move through air?
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #27
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Edit: We have to take into account what Vergo said before Law and Smoker left him in the SAD room. He said that Law doesn't know everything about Dfla, that his connections run much deeper than Law realizes and replacing him will not be an easy task. Dfla might very well have something in his pocket that will unleash a shit storm upon Law.
Thinking back to the war when he was ordered to kill Moria, I can only conclude that either Kong or the Gorosei gave that order. Only they would have enough authority in the marines to do so. That could be the "connections" Vergo mentioned.

Though I could be wrong and the orders came from somebody outside the WG. If it was Kaido that gave the command, that would imply Moria might have been one of his allies or something which just doesn't seem right. Like wise the thought of DD working for Dragon and the revolutionary army doesn't quite seem legit either. There really aren't many other higher ups I can think up besides those.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Shrike (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #28
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

The order definitely came from the WG, so as you said Kong or the Gorosei. When Moria asked if Sengoku gave the order, Doflamingo said "try higher than that". Joker is probably the most connected guy in the world beside Dragon right now, so there could be many secrets which should be revealed as we progress through the story, the secrets that Vergo hinted at. We'll see. Hope Oda handles this well.

Edit: oh yeah, I am definitely not expecting Dofla to give up his Shici status. Dunno about you guys but if you ask me he ain't getting that second call from Law.

Last edited by Shrike; 01-30-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:36 AM   #29
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Lol nice mangastream trans...lol I am just geeking up at all those folks that said Mocha would have a serious role to play..ROTFL! Yeah the big headed bish is going home! I find it interesting the Kaidou is feared as the most powerful. So powerful he stood equal to WB? With Kaidou being the black Shadow of the WG and Dofla his vile henchman it seems...it only questions who else in the top tier is being influenced. Vegapunk is going to work on a vaccine for candy. So where exactly is VP being stationed? We all thought Law's crew was being held captive, as his reasoning for working with CC. As we know that is not the case. So where is his crew? With this chapter building a more visible bond between Smoker and Luffy how will their future run ins play out? So many questions...I will say Dofla's chaotic nonchalant personality was debunked a bit...even through threats and orders he did his work with a menacing smile. This chapter even cornered he continued to forget just how carefree he should be. The whole IDGAF (I don't give a fuck) attitude that made me enjoy him thus far. I agree that rubbed me slightly the wrong way. I would of wanted him to say I call your bluff or even "fuck it" "I could care less about the WG or your lame rookies!" What we heard was " Girl stop! Don't play me like that son!" "How can I make a deal with you sweetums!" Just took the boss right out of his spine.. So now that the young master has flipped his cool switch, I think SH-Law alliance is about to hit a bumpy road. I would personally snail call my crew and have all their asses searching for the Hats-Law group. Price on their heads and all. Dofla will have to show me in this next chapter why he smiles so much and why this world needs to burn to give him a tiny bit of excitement.

Last edited by apacolypz; 01-31-2013 at 05:38 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #30
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
I am just geeking up at all those folks that said Mocha would have a serious role to play..ROTFL
I agree, I'm laughing at your lack of reading comprehension. Go back to the discussion and see how this quote is nonsensical considering what people said about Mocha.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote