Laptop Woes *OMG she's done it again!* - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Computers

Computers Need help with a problem, or just want to talk about computers? Then this is the place to do that.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
Sakatsu
Jounin

Sakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really nice
Laptop Woes *OMG she's done it again!*

So get this:

Just had my birthday and all.

Been wanting a laptop for a considerable long time.

And guess what?

I got one.

She said it was a good computer with a good hard drive.

I should have known.

And its a blast from the past:

Grandma's god damn 8 years old Windows '98 with a 2.5 Gig drive.

My collection of music is twice the space of that hard drive.

And I didn't get any money for my birthday so far, so its not like I can go out and buy myself an external hard drive or whatever (those things are spendy!).

And I got Ubuntu test thing (cuz of course, I'm not close to a computer expert as SOME people are), and it won't even load that because it doesn't have shit for memory.

And the thing is a HONKER of a BEAST! And a fat one too: about 3 of barry's laptop staked on top of the other would be about the size of this one.

She's done this to me before where she's dumped her big bulky ass grey scanner with software thats incompatible for this computer......

I should have known she would try to stick me with her outdated computer equipment.

I'm laughing, but crying more. Its thoughtful of her, but god dammit I just wanted something I can rely on for a laptop and not more problems.

So, what would you do in my situation?

And: What would you do with 2.5 Gigs? o.O

I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.
Support Local Music!

No infraction without representation, biotches!1!

This is the Symphony of the Damned.

Knowledge Is Power!
Sakatsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
Re: Laptop Woes *OMG she's done it again!*

if its free take it XP

with 2.5 use it for word processing or any other typing you need to get done >.>.....perhaps a journal?O.o......no graphics, games, or anything of that sort since it'll take up a lot fast XD......
Old 11-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
OffTheChain

OffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure EvilOffTheChain Pure Evil

o.o...

how thoughtful x3 lol

Last edited by OffTheChain; 11-04-2006 at 07:50 PM.
OffTheChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #4
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

I'm quite surprised your music collection is only about 4 gig o_O

Shitty deal you got lumped with there.
External harddrives don't cost too much, you could effectively get another one.
But my advice?
Sell it for what you can get. Save up for a better system.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
Sakatsu
Jounin

Sakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really nice

exactly, Jaxon.

I was fucking jipped.

I obviously don't mean a damn to my family to spend some money on.
Support Local Music!

No infraction without representation, biotches!1!

This is the Symphony of the Damned.

Knowledge Is Power!
Sakatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:03 PM   #6
CCQQTJ
Genin

CCQQTJ is an unknown quantity at this point

How much did she pay for it? Go beat up the person who recommended it, he's scamming your nan.
CCQQTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:35 PM   #7
drunk_sea_monkey
S-Ranked Shinobi

drunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant futuredrunk_sea_monkey has a brilliant future

my pop pop's PC is 4 gigs >_>;

well i got my external hd for 60 bucks and its a hundred gigger...
but i have this laptop. that doesn't even have a gig... 0.0'

yeah prolly just save up and... sell that pc.. somehow.. yard sale or whatever >_>;
Old 11-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #8
Corbenk
Kuchin

Corbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these parts

Here is an idea, stop whining? You got it for free, if you dont like it pawn it off. Honestly, there are so many people who would kill for that laptop. You should take what you can get in this world.

But yeah, jaxon's idea is the best. Don't bother upgrading it, evem if you did get a new hard drive and ram the computer migh not be able to handle it and just crash.

Also, you claim they do not spend any money on you, but I've seen your red bass, that thing is not cheap.

Last edited by Corbenk; 11-10-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Corbenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #9
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all

Delete all of the crap on it... And just use it as a work computer. Use it to do Word and other small programs. If you want to listen to music, use your iPod or something. You want a computer to dick around and do random crap to? Start saving your cash. You can get a REALLY nice customized Dell computer for about $1000. Start saving your cash.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #10
shadowclone
Genbu

shadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbenk View Post
Here is an idea, stop whining? You got it for free, if you dont like it pawn it off. Honestly, there are so many people who would kill for that laptop. You should take what you can get in this world.

But yeah, jaxon's idea is the best. Don't bother upgrading it, evem if you did get a new hard drive and ram the computer migh not be able to handle it and just crash.

Also, you claim they do not spend any money on you, but I've seen your red bass, that thing is not cheap.

pwned? <_<

who did you get the laptop from exactly? O_o
just use the laptop to surf the web and do homework, like corbenk said at least you got it for free.

i was gonna buy a new laptop but instead upgraded my ram fomr 256 to 1280(just bought a 1gig stick) =P.

for your case, its not worth it upgrading. so just stay with the laptop or give it to someone who will actually appreaciate it. =D

So true.

shadowclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #11
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

Idea: Get a job.

Jk Sakatsu...you know I think you are cool. I suggest putting Damn Small Linux on it and use that as an internet portal.

Last edited by Freshgrease; 11-10-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #12
Demonhacker
Gyokunyo

Demonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these partsDemonhacker is infamous around these parts

Sorry but I have to say that is.... pretty much junk....I found a suggestion that works for me...Never show your family that you may want something, so they will ask you what you want....THen ask for money...Then use that to get what you want..

Im the guy you see pass by you on the street. Im the one you ignore everyday. Im not heroic or extrodinary. Im neither very smart nor am I stupid, but I have needs.I have been here longer than most have. I am a veteran around these parts, but attention is not granted to me. I am ignored, and thats how I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeds
So I was thinking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shino
I hope you didnt hurt yourself.
Demonhacker is offline   Reply With Quote