Enlightened Insight - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 12-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
Enlightened Insight

I am seriously looking forward to being a father. I can think of nothing that I want more right now. I would love to have a daughter or a son. ...When I happened to mention this to one of my co-workers at lunch yesterday, he smiled to himself like only a person who has actually experienced children can. He knew all about the horrors and he told me about them in graphic detail. I told him that I expected these things and that I was hoping that he could tell me some of the more rewarding moments of parenthood.

He gave me the following story... And it is so good, I figured I should share it with all of NL.

(Note: for this to work, you'll have to picture me as a 40-something year old Caucasian male English professor).

Quote:
And now I will bring you some wisdom from the World of the Seven Year Old Boys.

My seven year old son is of the age when one amasses a fantastic knowledge of animals of all shapes and sizes. I sometimes wonder who decides that in first and second grade that we should be learning solely about these animals. I wonder even more who decides that we should stop learning about them and WHEN we should stop learning about them, but that is beside the point, and I will continue with my anecdote.

My son and I were sitting at the breakfast table this morning, him with his bowl of Life cereal and me with my low fat oat bran granola bar, when a fantastic looking bird happened to land on a tree branch outside the window of our breakfast nook.

"That's a very interesting looking bird," I mused.

My son, without a moment's hesitation, responded:
"Red breasted grosbeak."

I was shocked and amazed at the accuracy and rapidness of his response. I had forgotten the long ago time in kid world when things like this were common knowledge. I continued eating in silence with him for several minutes. Presently, another bird alighted the branch.

Calculatingly, I crooned my neck sideways and said in a suggestive tone, "That's ALSO a very interesting looking bird."

"Black capped chicadee," he responded through bites of his milk-saturated cereal.

I continued to be shocked and perplexed at the wealth of knowledge my son seemed to have about birds for several more minutes, when my son interrupted my mid-morning reveries with a question.

"Daddy? Did yoooou knoooow that snakes aren't slimy?"

I thought it out for a minute and decided that, well, yes, I did know that snakes were slimeless, and responded so.

"Do you know what IS slimy, dad?"

"Well," I said, "frogs and toads, I guess..."

"Well, yes," he said, leaning over the table exasperated, "but do you know what ELSE is slimy?"

"Well...no," I said, and wondered what other animal my son could enlighten me on from his seven year old wisdom.

He breathed in, crinkling his face in disgust, and responded slowly: "Girls."
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
LonelyNinja

Re: Enlightened Insight

Lol Nice story.

I don't want kids. <.<
Ok, maybe one. >.>
Old 12-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Ah, kids. What a rewarding experience that will be. Training a mini-version of you will be awesome. Not exactly training, though, but around that idea.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
shadowclone
Genbu

shadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48 View Post
Ah, kids. What a rewarding experience that will be. Training a mini-version of you will be awesome. Not exactly training, though, but around that idea.
It'll be weird hearing little kids saying "Imma charging mah lazer!!!"...>_>

Sure i want kids but not atm. =P. My little baby twin bro and sis are more than enough right now.

So true.

shadowclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #5
feyfairy78
Genin

Location: ...who ever looking at this better not be a stalker...
feyfairy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

kids are fun and they want fun, they're so cute but they cry like a lot....You'll be an awesome parent... if you're fun
feyfairy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
flyingpuppets58
Academy Student

flyingpuppets58 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey feyfairy

I am a girl with my heart torn to pieces and taped together

flyingpuppets58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #7
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowclone View Post
It'll be weird hearing little kids saying "Imma charging mah lazer!!!"...>_>
And it'll be weird hearing your kids say, "Gimme porkchops!" <.<
Old 12-02-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
feyfairy78
Genin

Location: ...who ever looking at this better not be a stalker...
feyfairy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

duct tape works best Fly puppets
feyfairy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #9
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,665 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

DA's kid'll be, like, the Smod of the Playground.

Having a kid'd be cool. It's like being able to bully a small person, without consequence!
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #10
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts

I cant stand other parents kids - -, but I have a feeling when I have my own I'll love 'em. <but still hate other parents kids.> ( damn whiners.)

Co-Owner
Matonly1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #11
Narutobaka
Chuunin

Narutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really niceNarutobaka is just really nice

You'll have your share of rewarding moments when you have a child. Hearing them coo or smile at you, when they're babies. Have them fall down and have this contorted puppy face when they're deciding to cry or laugh when they're a year and have figured out how to walk.
Looking at them trying to mimic you when they're 2 years old and showing their true personality.
When they're five and starting their first day of kindergarten and you're thanking God, you have a couple of hours to yourself. But they come home excited and telling you about their first day.
Moments like this will happen alot. But you'll also have not so pleasant times dishing out discipline too.

And in my case, it leads up to weekends of beating each other up in Naruto:Clash of Ninja or Star Wars: Battlefront.
Even watching him get upset when his 2 yr old sister grabs the remote and ends his 13 round winning streak.

Matonly- Yeah, I tend to feel that way around my niece and nephew when they're being brats. But then again, I take the "grandparents" way out. I load ' em up on sugar and give them back.

Last edited by Narutobaka; 12-03-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Narutobaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #12
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

well, i work with kids [k-5th grade] of all sorts[different temperments, cultures, and ethnics], all of them have their downsides, but in the end, it always turn out for the better....i think my experience with different kids has changed my view of them. I use to hate kids that annoyed me slightly, now it's like what the hell, they are kids, some intend to annoy to have fun while others do not mean it at all....and i must say it is rewarding job, even though they are not my own kids, the experience is close to it, but not quite as being a parent.

as for me, sure i'd like to have kids someday, but not now, i am not ready[emotionally, physically, and financially] to have any now....